It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speilberg and Close Encounters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
CEOTTK is running right now on Bravo. Check it out if you're home. I haven't seen it in quite awhile. It is a helluva movie.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Great movie. Does anyone know what the french guys were saying when they were interviewing dreyfuss in that little room? They speak tons of dialogue that goes on for quite a while. Ive always wanted to know!

I guess it could be possible that Spielberg had insider knowledge, after all he is a Jew and aren't they allegedly meant to run/own the movie industry?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

I, personally, do not believe that it has anything at all with Speilberg being Jewish..

Am going to just call him special, creative, intelligent, touched, talented, insightful and perhaps..
... of the knowing.

Peace...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Great Film and you have got to recognize the significance of a movie like that.... at least they were shown as friendly and not threatening as in the movie 'Independance Day' . I saw it only a few months ago for the first time in a long time and i think it was better then the first time i saw it....

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
watch this clip and tell me if you don't think there's some heavy symbolism going on here.

at 5:30 the part i'm talking about starts. notice the hand sign on the shirt. then notice the kid wearing number 32 which then stands behind the bullhorns. then there is a sign above the wife's head that says HELP ME (at 6:45)

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Moodle]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
sorry guys but what movie is this? can some one show me a link so i could see what it is, i migth know it in other language.

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchdog-Finland

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

[edit on 19-6-2009 by fls13]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

oh that one, i didnt know the name in english sorry, and yes its pretty good movie,

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Steven Greer has called Close Encounters and The Day the Earth Stood Still docudramas.

I hope V wasn't a docudrama as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Steven Greer has called Close Encounters and The Day the Earth Stood Still docudramas.

I hope V wasn't a docudrama as well.

No question that The Day The Earth Stood Still was inspired by the famous 1952 DC UFO sightings (see my link below
). Using Devil's Tower as the site of the final meetup with the aliens in Close Encounters was Speilberg's homage to Mount Rainier, location of the very famous Kenneth Arnold incident.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
does are great movie and serie i loved the V when it did come here first in the late 80ths then at the mid 2000ths as a reprise

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I really found my faith when I learned that the government was opposed to the film. If NASA took the time to write me a twenty-page letter, then I knew there must be something happening.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All I know about the making of this film is what is contained in the "feature" that is included in at least one of the DVD versions.

The only thing that surprised me concerning this data is this:

On her website : www.reflectionsinthenight.com...

Mauri says that the Nazis used to dress up little girls like aliens to put on a show for certain people they were trying to influence. It isn't clear who the audience was, as Mauri was one of the little girls at the time (roughly 1950) and may have been given drugs on top of everything else.

In the feature Speilberg says that he used little girls to play the aliens.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Not only did the government Not tell Spielberg to stop filming,they told him if he lost money on the movie they would make up the diffence. They never had to that.

Spielberg also had access to top secret files at Wright Patterson Airforce Base. For those in the know, Close Encounters is more of a work of non-fiction than fiction.

The comment Reagan made to Spielberg was made during a screening of the movie for the President, summer 82.

"You know, I bet there aren't six people in this room who know just how true this really is."

Does anyone have any idea if the quote regan gave to speilberg is real, or legend? I've been trying to find a source about this quote, but can't find anything.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Spielberg also had access to top secret files at Wright Patterson Airforce Base. For those in the know, Close Encounters is more of a work of non-fiction than fiction.

I don't know about that, but it is obvious that the story is somewhat based on UFO folklore stories such as the Holloman AFB meeting, and exchange program lore...

Speilberg always was pretty deep into the subject...even his first movie as a kid was based on the "Battle of LA" incident, and Close Encounters is (admitted by him) in some ways a remake of that first attempt and then some.... Secret files wouldn't be needed, as it's obvious he's researched the subject often enough....

My biggest disappointment in the movie is that he showed all the pilots from Flight 19 coming off the ET mothership, but he failed to show the return of Lt. Moncla and Lt. Wilson!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Does anyone have any idea if the quote regan gave to speilberg is real, or legend? I've been trying to find a source about this quote, but can't find anything.

According to Spielberg, the famous quote is absolutely real. But the movie was E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.
Reagan said: "And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true."

edit on 14-5-2012 by vortimond because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Kandinsky posted a good link here concerning the alleged comments by Ronald Reagan and Stephen Spielberg also discusses Dr J. Allen Hynek's role in the film below:

Easynow also authored an excellent thread here concerning the 1966 Portage County incident which inspired the police UFO chase from the film.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join