It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry Calls America "International Pariah"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
At the World Economic Forum being held in Switzerland, US Senator John Kerry took advantage of a prominent world stage to criticize the Bush administration, and referred to the United States as "a sort of international pariah."

www.foxnews.com

DAVOS, Switzerland — Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry slammed the foreign policy of the Bush administration on Saturday, saying it has caused the United States to become "a sort of international pariah."

The statement came as the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee responded to a question about whether the U.S. government had failed to adequately engage Iran's government before the election of hard-liner Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in 2005.

Kerry said the Bush administration has failed to adequately address a number of foreign policy issues.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Perhaps Kerry is still reeling from the very lukewarm response to his desire for a second shot at the White House, which caused him to drop out of the 2008 race. Perhaps it is just more of the same blundering rhetoric that he has become famous for. He should not have broken the unwritten rule that says that criticism of our country should stop at our borders. Criticizing our country while in a foreign land shows division to our enemies, and gives them a morale boost.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If you really want to know what the rest of the world is saying about us go to www.watchingamerica.com and you will quickly see he is not so far off the mark... and to think just 6 years ago right after 9/11 we had the world's sympathy and support.

Thank you Mr. Bush one more thing you have throughly screwed up.... LOSER!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is a classic example of what is wrong in ATS. The above post was fine, with the exception of this:

Originally posted by grover

Thank you Mr. Bush one more thing you have throughly screwed up.... LOSER!!!

What the hell has this got to do with the topic, other than to inflame?

Let's keep it clean folks, particularily in the News Network. This is a discussion board, you want politics, go to Above Politics, that's what it's here for.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

He should not have broken the unwritten rule that says that criticism of our country should stop at our borders.

Remember - This is John Kerry that we are talking about. The same guy that went and had illegal discussions with Vietnam (the enemy) over in France during the Vietnam war. He thinks nothing of going overseas and doing his own anti-American thing. (or illegal thing)

Kerry plays for the world stage, not for America. We rejected him. We didn't vote him in 2004 and he was at the bottom of the barrel for 2008. No one here wants him so he's licking his wounds over there.

He probably figured the American press would be too busy with other things to care about telling us of any anti-American crap he spewed over there. HA! WRONG!

I'm am SOOOOOOOOOOO glad he isn't our president. Hillary, Biden, and Obama know better than to behave like that (at least I think they do). (future) President Hillary will most likely smack him upside the head when he gets back from his trip. I'd love to see that!

This is a discussion board, you want politics, go to Above Politics, that's what it's here for.

But intrepid .. the guy is a politician. Ya' kinda have to talk SOME politics. Can't escape it when talking about a politician.

[edit on 1/27/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What does it have to do with it? The loss of standing in the world is largely due to Bushes heavy ham fisted tactics. That is what it has to do with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Kerry is up for re-election to the Senate in 2008. There is a lot of buzz in Massachussetts about fielding a viable candidate to run against him. He and Kennedy had pretty much a lock on Mass. senatorial seats before this. I think this will hurt him more than he realizes.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes FF BUT, Bush is NOT the topic. Cross pollinating divisional politics merely inflames and adds NOTHING to the topic except another derailed he said/she said thread. The hardliners from both sides may enjoy it(mudslinging) but the readers tire reading that tripe. That's the purpose of Above Politics.

I hope I've been able to make this clear to EVERYONE and I don't have to again.
That being said, if you have further comments on this, u2u me or hit the Complaints button.

Let the topic continue.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I watched the video provided in the link. The reporter stated that Kerry had violated an unwritten rule of criticizing one's country when abroad. Certainly, it's hard to think of examples of foreign ambassadors doing the same when in the US. They don't remain ambassadors for long. I think it is a prudent rule to follow.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
John kerry is rapidly becoming the Rosie O'Donnel of the political world. But the quote in and of itself is no big surprise. To be fair he has never really changed his position

From 1970

"“I’m an internationalist, I’d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.”

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yes FF BUT, Bush is NOT the topic

I know INTREPID .. I was just trying to tease you a bit. I guess it didn't come out that way. It was just my poor attempt to be lighthearted in a heavy subject.
Nevermind.

I like the Kerry and Rosie O'Donnel comparison. I am thinking about that and it seems to fit. He's said some wonky things that have really come back to bite him - (that 'botched joke' that wasn't really a botched joke!).

When someone doesn't win, the party likes to discard them and go for someone new. Kerry now plays to the foreign audience. What he said was most likely factual, as Grover pointed out, but it didn't need to be said. He said it because he thought he could get away with it overseas and he wants the euros to like him (since we Americans have ditched him).

[edit on 1/27/2007 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join