It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of thousands protest Iraq war in DC today!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Jane Fonda's back in action. Thousands of protestors were bussed in from neighoring states to attend a protest against the war in Iraq, Congressman included.. This is a damn big rally.

artical

AAC

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Kick ass!

Unfortunately this may do more harm than good. While it is right to speak up, this pressures the powers that be to "convince" us a little more. The last time they did that both world trade centers fell.

So, it worries me.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Kick ass!

Unfortunately this may do more harm than good. While it is right to speak up, this pressures the powers that be to "convince" us a little more. The last time they did that both world trade centers fell.

So, it worries me.

Wow -- that's an extreme view on things. It's good to see people getting of their ass and making a statement but really the only thing that will stop this insanity is impeachment and that at this stage looks highly unlikely.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
People set on their plans are not affected by statements. I don't like the reality of it either, but there it is. Do you really think the PTB are willing to change their plans and listen?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Americans making a stand. Democracy in action. There really is no reason for Americans to be in Iraq in the first place.

A simple coup would have removed Sadaam from office. Technology exists and is cheaper.

This rally is just a different way of saying there is no need to humiliate someone through taunting followed by a hanging at the cost of (insert death toll of Iraq civillians and American Service members).

Allowing the hanging to take place as a public humiliation also may have enticed the neighboring countries to be on guard. An injection would have been just as effective.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I attended one here in my city of Racine,Wisconsin today.
No where near the numbers in Washington though.
Roughly about 100 or so.I think we have the obligation to at least try.
Try to be heard and try to make a difference.
Hats off to the people here in my city,Washington and everywhere else they protested today.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I attended one here in my city of Racine,Wisconsin today.
No where near the numbers in Washington though.
Roughly about 100 or so.I think we have the obligation to at least try.
Try to be heard and try to make a difference.
Hats off to the people here in my city,Washington and everywhere else they protested today.

Hats off to you too Black_Fox for your efforts! I applaud you.

AAC

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I hope all these protests actually ring a bell in the presidents skull that everybody else wants out of Iraq!!! pretty much dubya is the only one left supporting the war.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ya Anti-Flag (Punk rock band) had a blog entry on their myspace rallying people to this.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Why is there even the need for a protest? Haven't the people of the United States already told this administration that they have already had enoughwhen they ousted the Republicans from power? Aren't the Senators and Congressmen already speaking for the people when they say, NO to George Bush and company in regards to his choices? Isn't it obvious that this war is a private war being waged by George Bush and his 25% of followers/supporters using the US Taxpayers monies? I believe the only way to stop this man, his administration and to show his supporters we mean business is to impeach the President, The VP and Dr. Rice as well. This has turned into nothing more then a holy war for his supporters, a campaign to isolate the USA from the rest of the world and an effort to extort & drain trillions of dollars from the US treasury. I believe there is no other way around this. He has already said even if they block him , he will continue on. He is beginning to sound like Ahminijiad to me when he defies the people he is supposed to be working for and representing.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Why is there even the need for a protest? Haven't the people of the United States already told this administration that they have already had enough

I agree with you there. Put simply, protesting assumes this is a democracy and you will be listened to. That isn't the reality here. It would of worked already.

ape

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree with protest as it's patriotic however I feel jane fonda damaged the image of the entire rally by speaking, that woman is a communist.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi There,

Websurfer wrote:This rally is just a different way of saying there is no need to humiliate someone through taunting followed by a hanging at the cost of (insert death toll of Iraq civillians and American Service members).

I take it then you are either unaware of the other nationalities whom have died, or is it just another display of American insularism, or perhaps the other nationalities do not enter significantly or meaningfully into your conscience?

Ape wrote:I feel Jane Fonda damaged the image of the entire rally by speaking, that woman is a communist.

Not at all! It depends upon your own image of her. Personally, I think Fonda has acted conscientiously in both war protests, and I applaud her for putting her career as a actor on the line, along with the other actors, like Redford, Robbins and Penn. However, I save my loudest applause and praise for all the non-public persons whom took part in the protests...they are making the silent majority heard.

By the way, Communism fell and died when the Berlin Wall came down...it is no longer a ideological entity, certainly not in the Soviet context, which is how you are applying the nomenclature to Fonda. You need to shed and moult your nationalistic hide and enter into the real world as a human being. Nationalism will destroy humanity if we allow it.

Best wishes

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is absolutly awsome, I am so glad American citizens are really starting to push this issue.

Yippeee

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've question the war in Iraq is going and have for the past couple years. I have no idea why we're there. I know it's not just WMD's and fighting terrorism. All of us know someone who has or is currently serving in Iraq or is active military. When you hear some of these people speak. It's as if they only care about furthering their political agenda and could care less about the troops. Jane Fonda and Sean Penn do not care about the men and women of the United States military. This is still America and until the NWO says different. We the people still have PARTIAl free speech.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ya, so I was just wondering why you people think that NOW Bush will supposedly "pull another 9/11"?
People have been whining and moaning about this war for some time.
And NOW is the time because a bunch of people decided to go sit on the lawn of the White House?
Please.

(On a different note, Bush is going to have to leave office soon so there's no point in impeachment, whatever your political veiw.)

I'll tell you right now if I were Bush I wouldn't give two stuffs.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I guess I don't understand why they had a protest march...didn't Bush's administration and Congress pretty much agree this year is the last year for troops? I'm not against a protest march, but isn't this kind of late and ineffective, since in essence we are going to stop the war?

What's sad is that there were more protesters for allowing illegals into the country than protesters to stop the war.

Originally posted by websurfer
Americans making a stand. Democracy in action. There really is no reason for Americans to be in Iraq in the first place.

Allowing the hanging to take place as a public humiliation also may have enticed the neighboring countries to be on guard. An injection would have been just as effective.

I don't understand this...it's ok for US democracy to exercise its rights but not ok for Iraq's democracy to exercise its right to hang Saddam, so the US should of stopped it? Mussolini was hung in Italy and Italy survived. Saddam is dead, an evil delusional man that was given much more mercy in his death than those he killed by tying hand gernades to their bodies or poisoning with gas. He's dead, the world in the Middle East moves on quickly...I don't think a lethal injection would of changed much.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Saddam is dead, an evil delusional man that was given much more mercy in his death than those he killed by tying hand gernades to their bodies or poisoning with gas. He's dead, the world in the Middle East moves on quickly...I don't think a lethal injection would of changed much.

Unfortunately what you are saying is just heresay since he was never tried and convicted of those charges as it should have been. He was however found guilty of the murder of about 128 people, even though the trial evidence was a bit on the shady side.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that Saddam was innocent?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I agree with Ape, Hanoi Jane isn't fit to wipe a veteran's ass. Yes, she has the right to speak out against the war but she never had the right to say American POW's were being treated fairly by their Vietnamese captors. She wasn't being tortured in violation of the Geneva Convention like they were. She's still is and always will be a vulgar, egotistical spoiled Holly-weird Commie sympathizer who was nothing but a fool used by a totalitarian state for propaganda purpose. I won't call her a traitor because she's never espoused belief in the American representative democratic system. She's a plutocratic elitist like most of the liberal left in the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join