It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peer Amid or Pyramid? semANTics? A message from whom?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator

I truely believe within the English language another dimension exists. Quite what this dimension is trying to tell us/direct us towards is ????.

Time

Or rather that our perception of it is ..... incorrect.

The only variable that exists in the realm that we use as a basis for comparison when judging time which is not based upon a system that is round is .....

popular opinion.

Opinion, and perception are the only variables in existance telling us time is linear.

Everything else in reality is telling us time is round.

So i embrace reality, and dispute peoples' opinions.

Even THE LIGHT when disected and examined is ...

a rainbow, which would also be perfectly round, if it weren't for our observations of it from the ground, with the earth obstructing half of it.

So, even the light is round. As is every other basis for comparison when judging time. Sun, Moon, Orbits, .... even the input from the senses are senses based upon round. eyes, eyeballs, irises, pupils, optic nerves, nostrils, earholes, .... etc.....

So, perhaps either reality is wrong, and our opinions are right ...

Or our opinions are the only linear variable that exists.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
A related read. Especially the parts that mention how the brain's comprehension of time ties together with perception of speech and communication.

Source/Link:
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

theres a third alternative that you missed
I think you know what it is

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

theres a third alternative that you missed
I think you know what it is

Just one more alternative?

I haven't seen the first two, and/or the infinitum of negative numbers on the other side of 0.

an excellent method of analyzing...

I ask, ... have you seen yourself? ..
or rather..
Have you ever seen what you really look like without your ideas and/or thoughts interfering?
If you haven't even seen that, that why do we toil back and forth in this insipid search

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Speaking of Pyramids I have a riddle for you. What walks on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a man whos been mugged in a field and had his leg broken the night before and who gets to casualty around lunchtime where hes had his leg set and given a crutch to support himself for the evening

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Much Thanks for the contribution.

ape parent lie
ape parent ly
ap parent ly

lie = fib

all fib i bet.

Ape-parent-lie you'd rather believe the lie than believe a truth... that "apparently" relates to "appear" and has to do with "seeing." So once you know the apparent truth, then you can see that "apparent" and "appear" and "apparition" and once you know that, then you know that in a related language (Spanish) that "apparace" must have something to do with seeing and that "apparaissez" in French also means appear and you can figure out the meaning of the Portugese "apareça".

And if you knew etymology, you would know that "parent" really comes from the Latin "parentem", which would give you the true meaning of "postpartum" and would also tell you the meaning of "parent" in French. If what you have is the truth, it also explains other linked language words.

If what you have is a lie, it offers no link and no understanding in any language other than English. If you see what etymology tells you then you get a deeper understanding of words and not a shallow anagram play that gave the rather absurd "peer amid."

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Ape-parent-lie you'd rather believe the lie than believe a truth... that "apparently" relates to "appear" and has to do with "seeing." So once you know the apparent truth, then you can see that "apparent" and "appear" and "apparition" and once you know that, then you know that in a related language (Spanish) that "apparace" must have something to do with seeing and that "apparaissez" in French also means appear and you can figure out the meaning of the Portugese "apareça".

And if you knew etymology, you would know that "parent" really comes from the Latin "parentem", which would give you the true meaning of "postpartum" and would also tell you the meaning of "parent" in French. If what you have is the truth, it also explains other linked language words.

If what you have is a lie, it offers no link and no understanding in any language other than English. If you see what etymology tells you then you get a deeper understanding of words and not a shallow anagram play that gave the rather absurd "peer amid."

Etymology is a "time is linear" perspective.

I theorize reality is right, and the collective opinion of time being linear may be incorrect.

Etymology is 100% correct, if reality is incorrect concerning time being circular.

I would trust etymology more, if it were compliant with what reality says concerning the nature of time.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Etymology is an applicable study of language, if time is linear.

Reality does not say time is linear.

Linear minds say time is linear, not reality.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Speaking of Pyramids I have a riddle for you. What walks on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening?

I just thought with all this talk of pyramids someone could answer this ancient riddle given by the mythical Sphynx if answered correctly you get to live. If not you get to find out if there really is an after life.

The answer is man.

In our childhood we crawl on all fours.

In adulthood we walk upright on two legs.

In old age we use a crutch.

There is a nother version where in old age the third leg is wisdom.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I just thought with all this talk of pyramids someone could answer this ancient riddle given by the mythical Sphynx if answered correctly you get to live. If not you get to find out if there really is an after life.

Wrong sphynx, actually.

The Riddler was the Greek (female) sphynx. I'm pretty sure the Greeks copied the concept from the Egyptians rather than the other way around. The sphynxes of the pharaohs symbolized their divine power.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Isn't this thread a 'thought experiment'?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
life is a thought experiment

I just thought with all this talk of pyramids someone could answer this ancient riddle given by the mythical Sphynx if answered correctly you get to live. If not you get to find out if there really is an after life

perhaps you should have considered that not only does everyone already know the answer to that riddle but that most people into mythology knew the answer when they were 5
but what you have said as the answer is only the answer given by Oedipus
as such it isn't the only answer
anyone who's read the Hobbit apparently has more imagination than either the sphinx or Oedipus
besides which the riddle you asked was not actually written down until much later in greek history
it was just said that the sphinx would ask a riddle
so if you ever do meet a sphinx and it asks you a riddle don't put all your money on "a man" being the only answer
btw
what is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow ?

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I don't know.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Click on my blog link below if you want a good sphinx riddle.

I would have c&p but there is a picture link in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join