It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peer Amid or Pyramid? semANTics? A message from whom?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall

I just can't believe how much time you're spending on this.

Perhaps it requires a mindset you have not yet explored.

Then you have not seen it all.

i thank you for sharing,
john

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
this site will let you explore it
www.worth1000.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
To answer a question asked ages ago, the pronunciation of "pr" is... "pr." For ease of speaking, it's sometimes pronounced "per" or "pir".

We don't think this is the way they actually said the word.

The ancient Egyptians seldom used vowels, so the word could also have been "peer" "pier", "par", "pyer", "por", "poor", "pore", "pare", "pure", "poer", or even some variant of the letters P and R and the umlauted or diacritical marked vowels. Each is very distinct in a phonetic sense, but there's no way we can come in and say "this is EXACTLY how "pr" sounds in Ancient Egyptian."

The folks who spoke it certainly knew how it was pronounced, but the last speaker of the language died about 1400 years ago. Playing anagrams with words from another language is not terribly useful, since our alphabet is not always constructed so that we can transcribe the words correctly. For instance, English has no equivalent of the German umlaut vowels and is hopeless in trying to transcribe the language of the !Kung -- or even modern Tlinglit (there's no way to reproduce that first "t" sound. "K" is sorta close but not close enough.)

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
To answer a question asked ages ago, the pronunciation of "pr" is... "pr." For ease of speaking, it's sometimes pronounced "per" or "pir".

Thanks Byrd for the insights. I'm looking into the Etymology thing. I appreciate you pointing me in a useful direction. The advice isn't dissapointing.

As for the "pr", the ancient egyptians did call the pyramids "mr", right?

I really don't know, but i am taking your word on that from a previous post.

Incidently, although it is just what it means to my mind, when i hear "pr", i think of it as an acronym for "public relations", but this is just my mind, and perhaps very unrelated.

Thanks for the insight Byrd,
john

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
120 hour work weeks and you got time for this!!! amazing!!!!

you are reaching = ur reaking = your theory stinks

im sorry but i can't quite help myself

my self = me me = mariah carey = horrible singer = hor able sing her

a hor able to sing to her..... hmmmmm, that means absolutely nothing, lets try again

egypt = e gypt = he jipped = this theory ='s ripping yourself off

when you ignore all the relevant, qualified, peer-reviewed knoweldge we as a species have learned, you are ripping yourself off. Try using all the credible knoweldge we have to come up with a theory for what you believe. Don't pick and choose things.

Sidenote:
I believe in Gd, Yhwh or whatever you would like to call him, and I don't need to give Marduk proof, nor do I need to give myself proof. There is no proof against my Gd, there is no proof for him (hint: i think this is the way he/she/it wants it) well maybe there is, we exist. So the religion talk should be seperated from this horrible extraction of meaning from completely unrelated languages.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hello ET, i find this subject very interesting. For a long time i looked at something very similar.

I truely believe within the English language another dimension exists. Quite what this dimension is trying to tell us/direct us towards is ????.

My trip looking into this at times almost blew my mind.

I'm glad to find another who trys thinking outside the boX with the language we use, i thought i was the only one.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Actually it is

Beer - Ahmeed = Peerahmeed = Pyramid ( today English )

Beer = common English drink; normally pronounced as "Peer" under normal drunk circumstances as normal English men do

Ahmeed = common ancient Eqyptian name like John is today in England

Pyramid is actually a building built by Ahmeed the drunken Egyptian.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by CinLung]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
etymology and folk , eh ?

What if Yeshua Ben Yosef plotted to pull a " Da Vinci " on everyone ?

Mar(Tur)duk ; 2012 is still on , eh ?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Mar(Tur)duk ; 2012 is still on , eh ?

what you mean you haven't heard
2012 has been cancelled
its now been moved til 2036

the main reason for this is that pseudohistorians have milked the 2012 date for all its worth and with a new generation of suckers being born they needed a new variation
this in fact is exactly whats been going on with end of the world prophecies since the creation of man
see the problem with having a fixed date is that sometimes you pass it
this is why succesful organisations who prophecise the end of the world never actually mention the date
they have cool names for it instead
stuff like "the rapture" or "the apocalypse" or "doomsday"
that way they can never be proved wrong

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Hello ET, i find this subject very interesting. For a long time i looked at something very similar.

I truely believe within the English language another dimension exists. Quite what this dimension is trying to tell us/direct us towards is ????.

Whatever it may be trying to tell us, if this exists, it must be of importants.

My trip looking into this at times almost blew my mind.

I'm glad to find another who trys thinking outside the boX with the language we use, i thought i was the only one.

I found many others as well. But, i'm not sure they wanted to know after having believed it were true, if even for one moment.

Some people seem to think i'm anal , and/or telling lies.
Perhaps they are inclined to make such accusations of my character because i analyze.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
attempting to apply the same principals to words/names from antiquity, such as Egyptian names for places, dieties, etc.

looking at the syllables, reversing the letters, mirroring the words, spelling them out phonetically.

etc..
etsetorah

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
attempting to apply the same principals to words/names from antiquity, such as Egyptian names for places, dieties, etc.

looking at the syllables, reversing the letters, mirroring the words, spelling them out phonetically.

Except we don't know exactly how they were pronounced and some langauges have sounds that we don't have. And we have sounds some languages don't have.

Please. Look into etymology. It's a lot more accurate than whiffling around and tweaking spellings until you come up with something that makes sense to you.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Please. Look into etymology. It's a lot more accurate than whiffling around and tweaking spellings until you come up with something that makes sense to you.

There are processes occuring within the subliminal mind that those of etymology do not always even acknowledge or recognize.

I do not blindly accept that the overwhelming amount of my brain which constitutes my subconscious mind is somehow submissive to the tiny part that constitutes my conscious mind.

And, given that my conscious mind has no first hand experience whatsoever since all sensory input first gets delivered to the subconscious mind, i can not in good conscience accept there findings as fact, since their findings do not include all facts, but rather second hand knowledge that was only compatible with the instinct of selfishness.

I take it under advisement. And i will continue to learn more about it.

But, i truly feel it may be a mistake to disregard what it is i am sharing.
Although, i am not offended by your reluctance to see truth in it. You are most certainly entitled to your opinion.

Thanks,
john

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
It's a lot more accurate than whiffling around and tweaking spellings until you come up with something that makes sense to you.

This is not what i have been doing. There are discernable, repeating patterns, throughout language. And these patterns are recognized by our minds, just not accepted by the conscious mind because of intentionality.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This guy knows nothing about language... just move along.. move along.. come back when he gets his GED.

you CANNOT take Pyramid and turn it into Py Ram id and find the meaning. That is actually so ASTOINDINGLY STUPID I just literally beat my head on the desk knowing I am in existence with someone who can think that.

A Pyramid is a 4 sided object with 3 triangular side coming to a point with all side being the same size. That is what it means. Honestly man... why do you pick random words... throw BS like this into it.. and come up with what ever god-only-knows-what out come and claim to be some kind of.. what do you claim to be? .. Subconscious word identifyer?
What ever. People laugh you out of every thread, you go find a new word and come back with more of the same. Tis getting a bit old.

PS

Why dont you ever say WHAT YOUR WORD means? .. why it is important? Why are you bothering with it at all? How do we benefit? ....... anything?

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
This guy knows nothing about language... just move along.. move along.. come back when he gets his GED.

you CANNOT take Pyramid and turn it into Py Ram id and find the meaning. That is actually so ASTOINDINGLY STUPID I just literally beat my head on the desk knowing I am in existence with someone who can think that.

These responses are due to what it is your opinion permits you to accept. And all that you know about yourself is what you hold up for a basis for comparison when judging others. So, the only attributes you can attempt to label me with, are attributes you know. And you cannot comprehend attributes in others that you have yet to recognize within yourself.

I am not offended by your contribution. It is not a threat to my thought process.

Perhaps these concepts just reside outside the realm of your expectations.

Honestly man... why do you pick random words... throw BS like this into it.. and come up with what ever god-only-knows- ...

I've supplied the justification for doing so, and it is legitimate.
I've supplied the reasoning for doing so, and it is legitimate.
I've supplied the collaborating supportive evidence, and it is legitimate.
I've supplied the answer to this question repeatedly, yet not 1 person has yet to discredit it.

Instead they are usually reduced to attacking my character, questioning my integrity, questioning my mental status, or ....

what do you claim to be?

i am who i am. nothing.

.. Subconscious word identifyer?
What ever. People laugh you out of every thread, you go find a new word and come back with more of the same. Tis getting a bit old.

Actually they should be thankfull i just don't supply an overwhelming amount of supportive evidence. I'm still waiting for people to explain away the examples i've provided, which has not happened. Furthermore, you do not speak for everyone, you don't even speak for yourself, considering you don't know yourself.

And please point to where i have been laughed out of a thread.

Why dont you ever say WHAT YOUR WORD means? .. why it is important? Why are you bothering with it at all? How do we benefit? ....... anything?

It has to do with everything.

How do we benefit?

Is this what is most important? How we benefit, or how you benefit?

And that is why you are blind to what is in front of you.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Instead they are usually reduced to attacking my character, questioning my integrity, questioning my mental status, or ....

no i won't have that
Rockpuck you are out of order
Attacking ET's character is against the code of conduct
questioning ET's integrity is against the code of conduct
questioning ET's mental status is mocking the afflicted

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

questioning ET's mental status is mocking the afflicted

Ya! Thanks for sticking up for me Marduk

Even if it was sarcastic, it made me laugh.

Thanks for that,
john paul peter

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Etymology is supposed to tell us from where a word originates

pyramid 1552 (earlier in L. form piramis, 1398), from Fr. pyramide (O.Fr. piramide, 12c.), from L. pyramides, pl. of pyramis "one of the pyramids of Egypt," from Gk. pyramis (pl. pyramides), apparently an alteration of Egyptian pimar "pyramid." www.etymonline.com...

But when thet use words such as "apparently" we can't believe it as being true 100%.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Etymology is supposed to tell us from where a word originates

pyramid 1552 (earlier in L. form piramis, 1398), from Fr. pyramide (O.Fr. piramide, 12c.), from L. pyramides, pl. of pyramis "one of the pyramids of Egypt," from Gk. pyramis (pl. pyramides), apparently an alteration of Egyptian pimar "pyramid." www.etymonline.com...

But when thet use words such as "apparently" we can't believe it as being true 100%.

Much Thanks for the contribution.

ape parent lie
ape parent ly
ap parent ly

lie = fib

all fib i bet.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks Rotator,
john paul

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>