It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peer Amid or Pyramid? semANTics? A message from whom?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Except the pyramids often have writing in them and they have mummies in them (and the writing refers to the burial of the people in the pyramid, and there are temples outside them that talk about this whole thing.

Hieroglyphics aren't "mysterious pictures." They're an alphabet. All you have to do is learn the alphabet and then learn words. There isn't a single piece of Egyptian hieroglyphics that writes about aliens or any drawing of them, either.

Hieroglyphics are interpreted by the eye of the beholder. They can for the most part mean anything. Those that intrepreted them can never confirm if they had an acurate educated guess or not!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Except the pyramids often have writing in them and they have mummies in them (and the writing refers to the burial of the people in the pyramid, and there are temples outside them that talk about this whole thing.

Hieroglyphics aren't "mysterious pictures." They're an alphabet. All you have to do is learn the alphabet and then learn words. There isn't a single piece of Egyptian hieroglyphics that writes about aliens or any drawing of them, either.

Hieroglyphics are interpreted by the eye of the beholder. They can for the most part mean anything. Those that intrepreted them can never confirm if they had an acurate educated guess or not!

Haven't you ever heard of the Rosetta Stone?
en.wikipedia.org...

The "eye of the beholder" is a falsehood spread by folks who want you to follow THEIR readings. These are people who usually have read one or two books and four or five websites on Egypt and couldn't tell one hieroglyphic from another.

And yeah, they can confirm. Translations vary because languages vary. But they can tell a bill of sale for 5 cows from a prayer invoking Isis or a set of titles belonging to a pharaoh.

Hey, check it out for yourself. There's folks here who can read these things. You can, too, if you try.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi there Esoteric Teacher

Anagram is indeed an interesting conundrum .

It would work much better in an agglunative language .

Still , I see where you're going with this , so to speak .

The whole world spoke the same language, using the same words.
2 While men were migrating in the east, they came upon a valley in the land of Shinar and settled there.
They said to one another, "Come, let us mold bricks and harden them with fire." They used bricks for stone, and bitumen for mortar.
3 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky, and so make a name for ourselves; otherwise we shall be scattered all over the earth."
LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men had built.
Then the LORD said: "If now, while they are one people, all speaking the same language, they have started to do this, nothing will later stop them from doing whatever they presume to do.
Let us then go down and there confuse their language, so that one will not understand what another says."
Thus the LORD scattered them from there all over the earth, and they stopped building the city.
4 That is why it was called Babel, because there the LORD confused the speech of all the world. It was from that place that he scattered them all over the earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
you see where hes going with that so you posted a piece of fiction to help him carry it on
nice one

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

The "eye of the beholder" is a falsehood spread by folks who want you to follow THEIR readings.

Are "THEIR" readings reflective of the truth, or their personal agendas?
If they are not aware of what motivating factors determine their emotional responses, or what motivating factors determine their intentions, then do they even recognize or acknowledge their own agendas?

Notes a Teaser?

Nots a Teaser?

Knots a Teaser?
phonetically:

Nots a tezor [mirror] rozet a ston ..... Rosetta Stone?

Did those notes tease anyone until they translated it?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Jesus didn't say "God is encoding words in the Bible that when you translate them to English are going to make word patterns 2,000 years from now but you have to wait till this language that isn't around yet emerges and then develops sufficiently before you can undrstand it." I'm pretty familiar with the Bible and with the fact that the original texts are in Aramaic and Greek and Hebrew.

But, it has already been proven that the bible was encoded!

So, if the author(s) goal was to spread a message, why encode it??

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Jesus didn't say "God is encoding words in the Bible that when you translate them to English are going to make word patterns 2,000 years from now but you have to wait till this language that isn't around yet emerges and then develops sufficiently before you can undrstand it." I'm pretty familiar with the Bible and with the fact that the original texts are in Aramaic and Greek and Hebrew.

But, it has already been proven that the bible was encoded!

So, if the author(s) goal was to spread a message, why encode it??

Source / Link:
www.layhands.com...

There is a simple type of code that can be created by writing down the letters of the alphabet, and then underneath writing the letters in reverse order like this:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA

This was a common form of code in ancient Hebrew writings, and it is referred to as "Atbash" (see for example Basic Concepts in Data Encryption). The Bible contains several examples of words written in the Atbash code, such as the following:

"and all the kings of the north, near and far, one after the other--all the kingdoms on the face of the earth. And after all of them, the king of Sheshach will drink it too." (Jeremiah 25:26)
"How Sheshach will be captured, the boast of the whole earth seized! What a horror Babylon will be among the nations!" (Jeremiah 51:41)

"This is what the LORD says: "See, I will stir up the spirit of a destroyer against Babylon and the people of Leb Kamai."" (Jeremiah 51:1)

In Hebrew, the word "Sheshach" is actually the word "Babylon" written in the Atbash code. Similarly, the term "Leb Kamai" is actually the word "Chaldea" (the archaic name of Babylon) written in the Atbash code. The footnotes for Jeremiah 25:26 and Jeremiah 51:41 in the NIV Bible say that "Sheshach is a cryptogram for Babylon." The footnote for Jeremiah 51:1 in the NIV Bible says that "Leb Kamai is a cryptogram for Chaldea, that is, Babylon."

This is another example of hidden information being deliberately encoded in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Just feel the need to mention that Ids do not mean 'identities' -or at least I can not find where Id is used in that manner.
Id would be the first parameter of ones personality; the 'primal' or animilistic and instinctual driving force.......

But whatever...lets have Id mean 'identities' .

Are you implying that every time someone asks me for 2 forms of I.D. that they are referring to pictures of my primal animilistic driving force?

And all this time i thought they wanted 2 forms of picture Identification of my Identity.

Thanks for correcting me,
john

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

The "eye of the beholder" is a falsehood spread by folks who want you to follow THEIR readings.

Are "THEIR" readings reflective of the truth, or their personal agendas?

Well, you can go see the Rosetta stone and work on the translations for yourself and see how accurate they are. Greek's a modern language and it's not impossible to learn.

You can either accept that it's been checked and tweaked by thousands of scholars and that the meaning is correct, or you can go and learn the Greek yourself and begin the translation yourself. Don't be lazy!

Notes a Teaser?

You misspelled "Rosetta", there.

Nots a Teaser?

Knots a Teaser?
phonetically:

Nots a tezor [mirror] rozet a ston ..... Rosetta Stone?

Sorry, but that phonetic spelling's mangled considerably. Should be "nots at tezor."

If you're playing the anagram game, you have to spell the names correctly and not your version of what you think the phonetics are. And you can't "tweak" it to make it come out right. Heck, if I spelled "Rosetta" as "Rozietia Sthoyne", then I could get all sorts of things out of that mangled set of words.

There's about 400 different anagrams (and believe me, there's nothing terribly insightful there although you can make some to be fairly obvious) for the words "Rosetta Stone". Same with "Rozeta Ston" and "Rozetta Ston." NATTER ZOOS is my favorite. You could, I suppose, make some sort of wild connection such as the translator liked to talk a lot and visited a zoo once or twice.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well, you can go see the Rosetta stone and work on the translations for yourself and see how accurate they are. Greek's a modern language and it's not impossible to learn.

I'm familiar with it, and i think the work is good. It's not my intention to dispute the work, or the findings, but rather interject that perhaps we are not always consciously aware of how the overwhelming majority of our minds that is not attributed to our conscious mind does have an effect on the development of our languages.

In other words, if i am to believe the rest of humanity, i should believe that 0.0000002% of our thoughts that name things is not affected whatsoever by 99.9999997% of our thoughts that we are not consciously aware of.

You can either accept that it's been checked and tweaked by thousands of scholars and that the meaning is correct, or you can go and learn the Greek yourself and begin the translation yourself. Don't be lazy!

Even with a million scholars checking and tweaking it, they still would only have the combined brain power equal to 0.2% of the brain's potential.

As for being lazy, may i suggest that since each and every cell of your body is encoded with "self pre-serve", that the sum of all your cells makes you a manifestation of selfishness before you serve anyone or anything?

Perhaps we do not share the same perceptions.

I'll get off my lazy butt and try to fit learning greek into my 120 hour work week.

I'm sorry. But, perhaps we're not on the same page, or perhaps not even in the same book. I do however pay attention to what it is you present, and i am gratefull for your contributions.

Sorry, but that phonetic spelling's mangled considerably. Should be "nots at tezor."

then how would you phonetically spell out rosetta stone?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
you see where hes going with that so you posted a piece of fiction to help him carry it on
nice one

And who authors the history you accept as true, if not for those who won the right to write it in the first place?

his story or history?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And who authors the history you accept as true

well I'd have to go with historians, thats actually what they exist for
not some Hebrew scribes with a religious agenda
if you're claiming that the bible is true how do you explain fossils
how about every race of man being descended from a Semitic sailor called Noah in less than 5000 years
hehe
how about the total lack of evidence for this guy called YHWH

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

nice one

And who authors the history you accept as true, if not for those who won the right to write it in the first place?

his story or history?

Polat Kaya , diabolical opposition ?

Marduk is really what ?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Marduk is really what

lol
here we go again
Marduk is a babylonian name it was quite common like John is today
Bel Marduk is a babylonian god
likewise every person in Mexico called Jesus is not the messiah

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

well I'd have to go with historians, thats actually what they exist for
not some Hebrew scribes with a religious agenda

Good point. So why was it their agenda to spread their religion, while hiding it's meaning in codes?

I sense a contradiction, why don't you?

how about the total lack of evidence for this guy called YHWH

Perhaps you are subliminally influenced to believe the book is a whole lie!!!

Whole Lie Buy Bull?

Perhaps you consciously think the book is a Whole Lie and you don't Buy into the Bull because it's name is:

Whole Lie Buy Bull
Hole Ly Bi Bul
Holy Bible

WHICH CAME OUT OF EGYPT

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Perhaps you are subliminally influenced to believe the book is a whole lie!!!

nope
try again

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Lets not play a name game.

Lets stick to the ideas under consideration and not worry about one another's personalities.

Remember, we're all freaks here.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Lets not play a name game.

Lets stick to the ideas under consideration and not worry about one another's personalities.

Remember, we're all freaks here.

** I can't argue that. I know i'm a freak. And i accept it.

Thanks Nygdan,
john

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Add Pi General Electricity

+ Pi G.E.

(*what does GE mean to you? to me it means general electric, but people think differently.)

+ Pi G.E.

+pige [mirror] egip+ ......... egipt?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I want some of what you've got Esoteric.

I'm sure there are others such as myself that really hope you will stop bombarding the boards with this stuff. At least keep it to one section would you, or even to yourself.

I just can't believe how much time you're spending on this.

Seriously man, even the ANTS are laughing.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by seenitall]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join