It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bong Park Wisconsin secret base?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.burlingtonnews.net...

I'm going to check out this supposed secret base today in a hour and spend all night there. Supposedly there is an abandoned military base in the park, and all sorts of unusual ufo like activity around the area. I'll report back any findings i may have.

````````````````
Edited title

[edit on 6/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Let's see...Bong Park, and you go by Hii. Hmmmmmmm...

Anyway, have a safe trip and get some cool pics !!

Regards,
Lex

Edit due to phat phingers.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wouldn't you think the name of the park sort of clues you in to the source of the UFO activity?

Supposedly Spielberg got the design of the Close Encounters mothership by getting fried off his gourd and looking at LA upside down whilst laying on his back on his car hood.

It's cold up there, carry some warm clothes.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Being a Wisconsin Resident myself, "Bong" is being refered to as the famous world war II pilot Richard I. Bong. Bong is the United States' highest-scoring air ace, having shot down 40 Japanese aircraft during World War II. Bong was a pilot in the U.S. Army Air Forces (USAAF), and was a recipient of the Medal of Honor. Just a little history behind the name "Bong"

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
well after having visited the Park, and spent all day night there, i can definatly say i wish i had brought a "bong". A total and complete waste of time. No strange lights, no noises that go bump in the night (bigfoot)... really nothing. No secret underground bunkers, no above ground bunkers. Whoever made that website was definatly going for a sensationalistic perspective. On the other hand i bought a RC Stealth bomber that we had alot of fun launching from the abandoned air field.

Once designated to be a jet fighter base, Richard Bong State Recreation Area is fittingly named after Major Richard I. Bong, a Poplar, Wisconsin, native who was America's leading air ace during World War II. The project was abandoned three days before concrete was to be poured for a 12,500-foot runway.

I think the people of Burlington get alittle bored & imaginative dontcha know...

OMG now Burlington is opening a UFO Cafe like in Rosewell and Rachael?!?

www.burlingtonnews.net...

I think alot of this werewolf and secret bases in wisconsin can be directly attributed to the fanciful imaginatin author Mary Sutherland. (I believe she wrote the Bray Road Beast book)

[edit on 28-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Dude,
Glad you had a safe trip.
Sorry nothing happened, but get used to that. In all my years of camping sites and checking out stories, I've yet to really see anything.
Well, some cool lights down Tikaboo Valley, but...meh. Coulda been a lot of things.

Persistence, and having fun have been my motivation. You just need to find yours.

Glad you're home safe,
Lex

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

cool lights down Tikaboo Valley

same when we went, alot of very very strange lights, but nothing i can say was a flying saucer. Was well worth the trip however and inspired me to do such adventures at home. However i'm learning wisconsin so far isnt the goverments #1 military state. On the other hand the most clear pictureS of a ufo to date was taken here in wisconsin only 2-3 weeks ago...

I really encourage people to get off their butts and away from this forum if they have the chance to check out a mystery in their own neck of the woods. So far i have found this to be a rewarding and adventursome endeavor. Your never going to find bigfoot, et, or nessie hiding in a book or even on a forum, but you might if you go out looking!

I love reading these stories on ATS where people actually take a camera and investigate stories and rumors and report back here. I hope to contribue to this process in my own unique way one day and always look forward to the adventures of others across the world here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
England is so boreing whern it comes to UFOS there has been a couiple of incidents but nothing in my lifetime at least. i would love to go and camp out on tikaboo peak it would be soo cool even i didnt see anything which i hope i do if i do eventually spalsh out over 2k to go to the usa

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
for me at least the trip to the base was better than any vacation i ever experienced. Sitting in the middle of the desert freezing cold all night long watching the stars doesn't sound exciting but I savor every moment. Honestly i cant wait to go back, there is a deep resonance within my soul that felt fufilled just by my proximity to such exotic secrets.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
im sorry BONG park? secret millitary base at BONG park? lmao I wonder if they have an unusualy high drug problem at that military base

so did you happen to see anything cool?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hii,
I agree 100%. Chilling in the Nev. desert, watching the sky. No lines for
rides, no itenerary, just enjoying the moment.

No vacation to a theme park can equal that, for me.

My 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"im sorry BONG park? secret millitary base at BONG park? lmao I wonder if they have an unusualy high drug problem at that military base

so did you happen to see anything cool? "

well after having visited the Park, and spent all day night there, i can definatly say i wish i had brought a "bong". A total and complete waste of time. No strange lights, no noises that go bump in the night (bigfoot)... really nothing. No secret underground bunkers, no above ground bunkers. Whoever made that website was definatly going for a sensationalistic perspective.

"No vacation to a theme park can equal that, for me. "

Ahmen brother..

[edit on 6-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So I'm actually going to be heading out to the Bong Recreational Park for 3 days/2 nights with my wife and 2 friends to go camping in about 2 weeks time (Not originally to investigate, but to take some time away from work. Today, one of my buddies sent me an E-mail at work with a link to this post knowing I frequent ATS to kill time at work when I'm on hold...

I've looked around on Google and I'm having some trouble trying to find a lot of accounts of what goes on there or the actual location of any D.U.M.B.s or supposedly active bases or areas. Can anyone help me out here?

I want to gather as much info as possible because we're going to be out hiking with Camera gear on hand (35mm film SLR, digital cameras, and hopefully a video camera) during the day and if we know EXACTLY where to go, at night as well. We'll be UFO watching at night for sure, but would like to be near areas that would be of interest.

Any additional info or tips would help. This is my first investigation, so any tips on what to bring would be a big help as well.

[Edited: adding information]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by IHIPrelude94]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Anyone? Or is this a dead end...

Sorry for pirating this post, I'm still a relatively new user (posting at least...) so I can't create a new thread just yet...

Any information or a hearty "!#$^ you" would be appreciated... looking for some insight and direction here

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I grew up in WI. Walworth county in East Troy. Been to Bong a few times camping. Never saw anything. I heard the UFO stories and all, but never saw them. I believe in UFO's, etc, etc. But there are much better areas in WI to check out than Bong. Hell, just research Oshkosh.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
what are some better hot spots for ufos other than bong park (which is horrible btw) I'm always looking for new local ufo haunts

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I only skimmed over that page, but I think that webpage might be intended as a joke.
Calling a windshield glare an "intra-dimensional portal", calling the Moon an "intra-dimensional creature" with "the ability to 'cloak' itself", calling the Moon's light causing a diffraction spike "[the creature] shoot[ing] a beam down in the direction of the sign", calling dashboard lights reflecting in the window "[the creature] pulling images from us" and so forth. It looks like a joke to me. Then again, I've thought that about things before and had it turn out that the person was serious. Either way, the descriptions of many photos on that webpage are misinterpretations (accidental or intentional) of common objects/optical phenomena.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

hi, 98.....wait....those lights. were they orb like and moving around a little and maybe growing just noticably and shrinking?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by hiii_98

hi, 98.....wait....those lights. were they orb like and moving around a little and maybe growing just noticably and shrinking?

[edit on 16-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

i've had so many encounters at so many different places and this thread is very old that i started. Can you please help to refresh my memory? Which orbs where? The orbs i've seen in Utah have blown my mind. I dont remember seeing orbs however at Bong Park (or actually anything of interest there....)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I live 20 minutes from it and I can tell you nothing funny is going on in the park. Wisconsin does have alot of weird places but this is not one of them.

Has anyone ever gone to the hanchy ville? Were all the midgets chase your cars? I have heard about it but never dared to drive down the road. I heard they will all come out and attack like crazy little badgers in the night.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join