It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons brought satanic worship to Utah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Continuation of Mormon experience...

After breaking the cycle of church everyday but saturday, I slowly escaped the grasps of the religion. My attendance dropped from weekly to almost non-existent. My parents required that I went unless I was working. I made sure my managers would schedule me as many sundays as possible. As I started fading away from church and the members in it, I remember hearing alot of talk about me. My status if you will went from active member to inactive member, and there were a plethora of attempts to reel me back in, which I avoided like the plague. Nerdy kids at school would come up to me and say how much they missed my presence at church and how they wished I would return. I would run into an occaisonal member in a supermarket or library and would be forced to endure their fronted delight to see me. In high school the regulars would constantly talking about other students and about how bad they were. There is a general air about mormons because it is extremely common for them to think they are better than everyone else. True everyone has their own thoughts, but since the religion teaches they are the only true church, these people look down at those who do not attend as damned, and make the very best effort to 'save' them.

Also I have had several friends that have drifted from the church as well. My best friend no longer talks to his parents because of the church. As he started to see things beyond what the church wants you to see, his father began to resent him. His father disowned his own child because he refused to go to church. I have seen this happen to many people. My parents are great people, but since I have not gone to church in so long, I see the blatent difference in treatment between the rest of the family and me. They look down on me, they have basically counted me out of the family save reunions and extended family gatherings.

TEMPLE STUFF

True my statements are probably disorganised and what not, but its really late.. that is my excuse, but I wanted to comment more on the temple things mentioned earlier. When I was younger after I was baptised at 8, I did the proxy baptisms for the dead as another member had mentioned. The water was warm but the whole thing was creepy. Being a sneaky fella' I got out of the 'baptismal font' as they call it and waited for my friend to get finished. As I was poking around, I noticed that the font thing was indeed inside of a sunked circle with I believe 7 Brass bulls standing around it. My count could be off but I remember it vividly because I was so confused as to why there was metal bulls inside a church building, I had no clue what it meant and I had never seen it before during regular church. My friend was finally done after about 30 names and we scurried back into the changing room and into the waiting room to leave.

This hasn't been my only strange encounter with temples. After I graduated in Missouri, the family took me on a trip to Illinois to visit the newly made Nauvoo Temple. This temple, if I have my story straight was burned down in the late 1800's as the Mormons were forced out of the state. They finally rebuilt it just a half a decade ago. Its a nice looking temple but what I saw in the top windows startled me. Every other window is adorned with an upside-down star, and the windows are circular. This is referred to as a pentagram, a sign of the devil. I pointed it out to my parents and they denied it was a pentagram and brushed the whole thing off.

I am not sure why they keep so many secrets. My friends dad won't tell him about the stitches in his draws because he says its sacred. If this is the true church, why is truth being kept behind tight lips. Why are temple-unworthy people not allowed to witness a temple marriage?

.....please continue.....

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If the Mormon church is the only true church, then their leaders who claim they have an open channel with God would only make policy that is pure and truthful. Why then would they ban blacks from joining the church, and then limit them to positions they could fulfill until the law stepped in? Why then would a prophet tell his members to perform acts of poligamy (sp?) during the journey to Utah and shortly after, ban it. Today if you ask a church member about poligamy, they will tell you it is wrong and illegal. If it is so, then why would God tell them to do it?

Now to address some of the earlier statements about being cursed, etc. I don't believe people who are baptised are cursed with financial trouble, prone to break bones, etc. I think that life happens all around to everyone, it doesn't see religion as a factor. So that is really non-sense. Also in general I do think Mormons are good people at heart, and of course people are individuals, and can make irrational dicisions and it's easy to accuse a religion of a persons actions. There is a fallacy for this type of assumption I forget the name off hand. But its a fallacy about correlation and causation. On the other hand, I do think that the religion has a handy way of convincing members to seperate themselves from non-mormons, and convince them they are better than everyone else. I have seen this first hand over and over again. The idea is very similar to Nazi-ism but using religion as an argument and not race. They also aren't known for killing millions of outsiders either. My biggest complaint with the religion is their hypocracy. They are always preaching thou shalt not judge, but they are the first to judge a non-mormon, or sinner in general (namely everyone given sin exists).

I would however be interested in hearing more about the conspiracy ideas. Seeing those metal bulls around the baptism font and seeing pentagrams all over a new building is pretty creepy. Plus I have no idea what the moonstones and sun stones or stars that I have seen in person mean either. Why the secrecy is ultimate truth is undeniable?

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Bill Schnoeblen confirms the OP as aninsider in the Mormon church.
See this thread for more info www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by illucid

The circular pool with the metal cows sounds like the Molten Sea in Solomon's Temple. This Molten Sea was filled with water and was supported by 12 oxen. Three oxen faced east, three oxen faced west, three oxen faced north and three more oxen faced south. The basin was made of copper and it could hold about 17,000 gallons of water. The Molten Sea was meant for priestly cleansing. It was built by Hiram the Phoenician king of Tyre.

2 Chronicles 4:4

This must be the reason why the Mormon faith uses the oxen to support the baptismal pool.

It's interesting that God would use supports carved in the shape of oxen to support the water basin. He could have just used pillars to support it. Maybe it has something to do with what Enoch wrote.

"Then one of those four went to the white cows and taught them a mystery. While the cow was trembling, it was born, and became a man and fabricated for himself a large ship. In this he dwelt and three cows dwelt with him in that ship which covered them." -Enoch 88:1

This is obviously describing Noah and his three sons Ham, Japheth and Shem.

Enoch has a dream about cows from chapter 84 through chapter 88. Three cows came out of the earth. One cow was white, another was red and another was black. Remember the Molten Sea has three cows supporting one of the four corners.

This thread got me thinking. Thanks people. I'm starting to think there's more to Enoch than we give him credit.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by lostinspace]

[edit on 19-4-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As far as what is inside a mormon temple, these 2 clips show the interior of a new temple in Tonga.

Inside the new mormon temple in Tonga: Part 1
Inside various other mormon temples: Part 2

Not really what I expected...

EDIT: you can also see the oxen under the baptism area as mentioned above.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by illucid

Thanks for going to all the trouble to type that all out, and for sharing your experiences with us ATSers...but most of all congradulate yourself for doing some thinking on your own rather than just accepting what someone else tells you think, or being afraid to ask some questions and look for answers...

IMHO these issues are not exclusive to this brand of "faith". Look around...infact circle the globe. There's a lot of folks following a lot of doctrine and eating up the dogma like it's candy. The one thing all these religions, including LDS, have in comon is that they rely on "subjective" material rather than "objective" for the purpose of control and exploitation. Seems you caught on to the scam relatively early as I did.

Congradulations on your path of freedom from the madness!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Thanks SystemiK for linking those videos in your reply. Your posting confirmed my theory about the oxen. The video also identified for me which color of oxen they used in the LDS Temple. I see they chose to use the white oxen in which Noah was identified in the book of Enoch. I see from Wikipedia the LDS are somewhat interested in writings of the book of Enoch.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

With so many temples all over having been built, I wonder what they will spend their money on next? The morman church has more than they even know what to do with, and the poor members keep giving them more!

Why not quit basking in self gratification and start giving ALL of it to the care of the millions of people around the world who need it? This is what drives me away from these religions the most...they claim all these great moral values and stress the philosophy of helping others less fortunate, but then (by the deeds done ye' shall know them) you see them all for what they really are and that's a giant corporation that is tax exempt. Don't believe me? Research the LDS church and you will find a team of high payed Executives from Wall Street who manage the vast financial portfolio including financial firms, soft drink company, department store, agriculture and so on...and a mamoth legal team that makes OJ's dream team look like a night mare you forgot before you even awoke!

I wouldn't give them one dime even if it was to watch Christ ride a bicycle around temple square! No way, no how!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by lostinspace

With so many temples all over having been built, I wonder what they will spend their money on next?

Well for starters how about a multi-billion dollar mall? (the article states 1 billion though that was in 2005, speculation is that this and other ongoing projects in the area will top 3 billion by completion). Not to worry though, the church is using it's own money for these projects.

Billion
Booze

One other tidbit I came across while looking into this is that while the mall will be closed on the lords day, they will be selling alchohol on the other six days.

Further Reading This link has some interesting info but it gets a bit satirical toward the end so I'm not sure about the accuracy of some of it's figures....

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

ha ha you think the lds church is just grossly rich and more then financialy secure? thats not true at all were not poor but were deffinitly not loaded with more then what we know what to do with. thats because were always using the money that we do have to help what we can

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
My brother was vice president of a large title company in SLC for many years and as such, was privvy to information which was not widely known to the general public. He spoke to me on several different occasions about how the general authorities of the church would buy land through companies which they owned or derrived benefit from, and then re-sell that same land to the church at substantial mark-ups. The land in question would be used for temples, churches etc.

Ever wonder why most of the church leaders are multi-millionaires? According to my brother, this tactic was quite common and millions upon millions of dollars of the church's money was transferred into the accounts of it's leaders in this fashion.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I hate to break it to all of those who think that the Mormon church is this interesting secret society and everything, but in all actuality, there is not anything in the church or temple that isn't found in the books that are held as cannon. You can call a number and get a free book of mormon, it has everything in it, so it can't really be that secret if they are giving it away.

Heck, I'll come right out and say it, I am a Mormon, I live in Utah. I go to the Temple regularly. I was one of those guys that went around with the name tag and the white shirts, I am sure you have seen them, they are all called Elders. My ancestors were some of the original members, they also helped settle lots of the cities in Southern Utah, like Minersville, and St. George.

I really hate to dissapoint everyone, I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but all the stories I have read on here, though they have some facts to them, are not the whole story. I am down with answering any questions anyone has.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by PZXN_]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I grew up and lived in Utah (not mormon) until I was 18 and left for the Navy. The book of mormon may say one thing about their masonic symbols, but they are all well acknowledged negative symbols. Take a walk through any old cemetary in Utah and you will find masonic symbols everywhere. upside down penticles flaming swords hour glasses on their sides, etc. . Heres some pics from the open house in the draper utah temple from KSL. Nice livestock!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedpickr
It was only practiced in a select group of families and had more to do with the appearance and belief in power and world politics than the actual worship of satan. But evil is evil and the practices of these Mormon families has been hidden and passed on from generation to generation.

Why don't you divulge these select families?

You say it, "had more to do with the appearance and belief in power and world politics than the actual worship of satan. But evil is evil"

The political world may be evil, but it is NOT to be mistaken with "worshiping satan", your theat title is misleading and your post is misleading, in what way shape or form do mormons practice "satan worship" ? And who are these families that practice this?

If you can't answer these simple questions, I will assume you were never a mormon and just made up this story to make mormons look bad, I happen to know a lot of mormons and none of them practice evil political practices or satan worship, also what is your opinion of evil political practices?

Your post makes no sense.

The Mormon church is one of the richest organizations in the world with land holdings in every country.

Haha... when I read this I said to myself, wow, have you checked the list of the richest churches? Mormons aren't even on the top 7...

Religion Average family income
Jewish 51,484
Episcopal 42,510
Presbytarian 39,715
Catholic 33,343
Lutheran 31,665
Methodist 31,229
Baptist 24,577

Okay I can't find a list for the bank account of sceintology, mormons or catholics, I think they hide that info, if anyone can find a site post it, but I know mormons aren't as rich as this guy says, and since when did wealthy equal evil, if that were true Catholics by far would be pretty evil.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by flyingunknown]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

as you said most LDS are good people, but if you live here and dont go to church
you are oppressed and looked down apon by them who do!..

As a excommunicated Mormon i have to laugh at about half the post here.

I have a unwritten agreement with the local Mormon church.
they do nothing against me and i don't try to convert any of there non excommunicated Mormons to the Deist Fellowship.

The excommunicated Mormons are fair game.

I also have found that there is a higher then normal number of Mormons that hold security clearances at military research labs and i believe if you could find out who worked at area 51 you would find a lot of Mormons work there.

The government likes there life style and it is easy for them to get top secret clearances.

I know that if you are not Mormon you will not understand the people that work at Dugway proving ground in Utah.
about 700 of the 1900 employies working there are mormon.

query.nytimes.com... %20Christianity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join