It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution of UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hey all-

Having studies the subject of UFOs for several years now I have made an obersvation. I have noticed that over the years humans have documented UFOs, the shape and structures of craft have changed.

In ancient to mideival times we have descriptions of firey chariots, wheels of fire, etc. We then see post-1600s descriptions of cylindrical craft. Then after the 1940s we enounter the typical saucer.

So there are three conclusions I have come to:

A) As we have evolved, so have the capabilites of the entities visiting us, thus different more streamline and efficient(not "breathing fire", no external combustion.

B)We create these machines in our heads and only as technologically advanced as we are, so will be our delusions.

C)We are being visited by different civilizations with different types of craft.

Thats just my theory on the evolution of UFOs. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think its a combination of A & C. Interesting thread, dont think I have seen this topic discussed before... I cant help but wonder how many different aliens have observed us over over our history. I bet Earth is one giant research topic for many aliens
Imagine being in the position to observe a pre-space age civilization develop?
damn cool

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
yea, A and C because it's only rational that a ship civilization would enhance their ships with incoming technology. Imagine a reverse engineered saucer??

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The greatests thoughts on this specific subject are due to the ufologist, Jacques Vallee. He is a French astronomer (now working in the computers fields in the US) that collaborated with the famous Allen Hynek, and studied the evolution of the UFO phenomena during the centuries.

Cutting long stories short, Vallee believes we are dealing with some kind of spiritual/metaphysical phenomenom that disguises itself, changing disguise as time goes on. Now, since we are in the technology "space age", the phenomenom disguises itself as "space ships", but it's probably very far from it. In the middle agles, it would disguise as fairies, the Virgin Mary or an Angel. A metaphisical phenomenom intent in manipulating/leading us spiritually.

Vallee has written several books on it, and its a very unusual point of view, though I believe that his views are probably closer to the truth than any other explanation I ever heard.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightman9202
So there are three conclusions I have come to:

A) As we have evolved, so have the capabilites of the entities visiting us, thus different more streamline and efficient(not "breathing fire", no external combustion.

B)We create these machines in our heads and only as technologically advanced as we are, so will be our delusions.

C)We are being visited by different civilizations with different types of craft.

Thats just my theory on the evolution of UFOs. Thanks.

I think it is something different. We are evolving. Our perception of what these craft are. An Ancient Egyptian would not describe such a disc as a saucer, because that comparison is a modern one. It is more likely that they would use what they had in their frame of reference to describe it, such as a ball of fire (not understanding the light bulb) or a chariot (not understanding flying craft).

Furthermore, some of the earliest stories of medieval faeries described them as being short, gray, and having large black eyes. Sound familiar? It is no surprise if those stories are accurate that they would assume that those creatures were earthly and magical.

It is possible that their technology is increasing as well, indeed black triangles seem to be a more recent phenomena, but I think the answer is much closer to home.

[edit on 1/27/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I agree with Togetic mostly so far and my oppinion is that they must be evolving on some scale as most things do. I've thought alot about that too, how the interpretations have "evolved" to say the least.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
woe unto the people who believe in option B. Just as humans have evolved it is perhaps relative that the visiting entities "upgraded" their craft since times past? That is what it appears to be anyway. From horsepower to jet engine they might have had a similar evolution?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies and discussion.

Yes it seems that another civilization would have to eventually evolve on some sort of timeline. But perhaps their rate of advancement is much much greater than ours. I always had a fascination with the theory that the craft are time travelers who observe us from space without causing a tear in the space time continum. Perhaps the future guides the past and do what they can?

But in short, we will never know till they land or there is a mass disclosure. Theories are still fun though

top topics

join