It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the earliest recording of UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was watching the History Channel last night and they were talking about Roswell. They said that even though it happened in the 1950's it wasn't until the 80's that it become the legend it is today.

That got me thinking what is the earliest recording of UFO's. Wasn't there something on Cave walls or in old scriptures if I remember correctly?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Roswell happened in 1947... The oldest recording would have to be the cave drawings yes. There is even mention of flying saucers in the Bible if my memory serves me well.

-Jimmy-

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I found this interesting web page with early UFO drawings!

UFO's in earth's history!

This is my favorite!

This one from Basel must of been most frightening for the residents and fascinating!

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wikipedia article

en.wikipedia.org...

329 BC, Central Asia, (Reign of Alexander the Great, 356-323 B.C.) A historian of the reign of Alexander the Great allegedly tells of two strange craft that dived repeatedly at his army, until the war elephants, the men, and all the horses panicked and refused to cross the river where the incident occurred... The historian describes the objects as "great shining silvery shields, spitting fire around the rims... things that came from the skies and returned to the skies."

I"m guessing that would be one of the earliest sightings. 329 BC.

Also on that page are sightings from 539, 1235 and others from way before Roswell

[edit on 27/1/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Another one from Nurnburg, 1561 there was also a big "flap" at the turn of the last century with a cigar shapped ships!

Nurnburg, 1561!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
20.000 years ago: Cave art in Spain and france

15,000 yrs: cave art in S. France

5,000 yrs: cave art in usa and australia

5,000 yrs: Sumerian texts detail aerial craft

3,500 yrs: Tutmosus III provides written account of flying object

These are some of the earliest accounts i know of as readily verifiable.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Stewart Lewis]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That incident from Nuremberg has interested me for a while, If i remember correctly the black spearhead appeared last. I didn't know anything was known to have hit the ground though. Apparently it was taken to be a divine warning by the people who saw it.

Oh, and it was clearly a weather balloon, swamp gas and the planet venus really.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Excellent info- thank you all!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i saw those bible entries on UFO;s on a program called fastwalkers and it pretty suprising cos in those days it wouldn't be so easy to get a remote controlled disk and fly it around or mistake it for a commercial airliner
:lol. Im suprised about the cave paintings though had no idea it went back that far. i did start a thread a while back about christopher collumbus's USO encounters where he recorded (on paper not camera obviously) cigar shaped objects etcontact.net... thats a link to a site which explains siteing in more detail.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Shame on the History Channel for getting the date of Roswell wrong!

new topics

top topics

join