It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT......... Fox and Mufon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I too am glad that someone from the mainstream media is talking about this subject. But who is only Fox covering these UFO sightings? Why not CNN, NBC, or ABC? I hope Fox continues this.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hank,

Perhaps I should be careful about using the word "revelation" around here.

I simply meant the revelation that some event had supposedly occured back in November, but was only recently being acknowledged by the FAA as a reported incident.

Could it be part of a dis-information strategy - certainly - but I must admit I have a gut feeling the event may have been legitimate.

But legitimate or not - the media (or Govt.) can certainly spin this to make UFOlogists look rediculous, or use it to distract us from other legitimate sightings - I would agree.

As far as the incidents you are referring to - could you get me up to speed (or link to them) - I'm not sure I am familiar with what you are refering to.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
As far as the incidents you are referring to - could you get me up to speed (or link to them) - I'm not sure I am familiar with what you are refering to.

Aye, here are two of them, I think the only ones that got mention on ATS. One includes and actual photo taken supposedly at the time of the event and published with the story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will scout through my history and see if I can find the other 2 or 3 that I read about around the same time.

Arkansas 'Flares'?

Edited to include Arkansas story about USAF explaining the sighting there.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hmm...

Interesting...

Certainly could be part of a trend - and the O'Hare incident could be a way for the Govt. to get control of a situation they can't control - apparently these craft make public appearances whenever they want to - but I don't see a reason to attack one UFO event and lend credibility to another.

Let's let all the cases be heard, reported, and researched as professionally as possible.

I, for one, have always been skeptical that a rash of sightings signifies some event is about to happen - as it seems these trends happen repeatedly over the years - maybe even cyclically.

I believe fantastical witnesses like JL are far more dangerous to the UFOlogical community than a potentially bogus sighting.

That being said - I took a little time to read some UFO reports to mufon from my area - man people are pretty mental.

It is unfortunate that Humans make such unreliable witnessess.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I live just outside Philadelphia and as you know I am an experiencer with the Grey's.

Back in 2000 I had two sightings over the City of Philadelphia and I just wrote to them and told them in detail what I saw. I am hoping since Fox and I are close by maybe when they see Philadelphia in the subject area they will have more of an interest.

Just wanted to add that the morning is the only time they seem to broadcast this so I hope I get up early to check tomorrow morning.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
perhaps it would be more fruitful to send them emails about sightings of unknown craft accompanied by any photographic or personal drawing evidence instead of abduction stories, as personally i believe abduction stories are the least likely part of ufology to be believed by the general public.
getting people to believe that unknown craft are flying around is a lot easier than getting them to believe melmak from antar is studying your reproductive organs.
not to say i don't believe some abduction stories, but out of all parts of ufology it is generally the part that is hardest to believe for most people.
so as i said, lets give them some actual evidence, like photographs and drawings accompanied by detailed stories of the sightings instead of unprovable stories of abduction. perhaps then they'll take it just a little more seriously

although, it is fox news.....and for the most part as far as fox news is concerned ufo's are liberal propaganda most of the time

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't think they asked about abductions it should be strickly sightings and pictures.

I only wrote about my sightings in Philly not experiences.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm not going to pass this up. I'm going to email FOX about UFOs. I think everyone on ATS should also. Lets show them that there is a huge interest in this subject, and perhaps they'll cover it more often!

ATS is such a great web site and has so many visitors, we should all do our part to become more pro-active. Every little bit helps. Don't just sit back, do something! Email, write, and call everyone in the news media and government you possibly can!

[edit on 27-1-2007 by classified material]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Posted by anon_92056 on 27-01-07 @ 08:49 AM

This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: ALERT......... Fox and Mufon

This is a left-handed attempt for a Government controlled new outlet to collect data ( email addresses - names - locations ) of anyone who has had a UFO encounter.

What a great way for the secret government to track down and 'interview" see'ers and aductees to determine just how 'much' they know.

Please be careful, because you would be surprised who is in bed with whom!

M.insider

Interesting point... the big-bad-brother is always watching...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A lot of people of stories, and there should be no censorship of their experiences from others.

However, I would encourage all who get involved in this venture, to take a deep breath, create a rough draft, and look at it from a disconnected perspective. Maybe share it with somebody else, and see what their thoughts are.

At this point, sanity and believability are more important than the feelings involved.

No extra dramatizations, guessing, wishful thinking or artistic license should find their way to the FOX network.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I just sent an email to Fox News. It's good to see that some big name media network is looking into it. Hopefully fox will tkae a Fair and Balanced look at UFO's and not criticize or make fun of us believers.

Please keep up to date on on ATS if they mention anymore UFO things on Fox News, for some reason Dish network doesnt carry the Fox news channel with the package I have (whats up with that?)

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I sent them an e-mail telling them that it is obvious that disclosure is coming soon so they might as well use their media outlet as a way to help get the information out to the people and stop playing around. I also thanked them for at least giving the subject the time of day in the first place...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Fox asked for people to e-mail about there sightings and send pictures, they did not ask anything about abductions.

If the government is/was to get involved what are they going to gain when people say I saw something and this is what I saw.

I don't think sightings are going to threaten them in any way.

I hope people did spread this to other sites with the hopes others will e-mail them also.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
A little bird (who works for Turner) told me that CNN is currently researching several sightings across the country -- including the O'Hare sighting and the light show down in North Carolina -- and that the story will eventually appear on Anderson Cooper in a few weeks.

And by "researching," I mean that CNN has reporters on the ground, doing interviews with witnesses across several states. They're not just googling up their info.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/28/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Doc, that's some interesting info. Hopefully CNN won't treat the matter like a joke, but I'm sure they will.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well, as my little bird informant describes it, they're not out to make anybody look like a crackpot. That being said, my informant also won't divulge the actual theme of the Anderson Cooper program for which the material is being collected, so it could be a study of mass hallucination or subliminal suggestion or some other disappointing angle. I honestly don't know, and I've never watched Anderson Cooper, so I won't venture a guess as to how the subject will be broached.

I do know that CNN will also be interviewing a psychologist for the upcoming piece, which is usually enough to make UFO witnesses bite their tongues and head for the hills.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/28/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is why we have to keep this subject now in the forfront. When they ask for e-mails and pictures of sightings we have to flood them with what is out there or what we have seen.

If they come on and make light or make insulting remarks about this subject we need to also flood them with our responses.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It is always of interest to me that when they dismiss these sightings as mass hallucinations - or social studies in people's wishful thinking - they never discuss the psychology of the Astronauts, Cosmonauts, and Military Witnesses that have come forth over the years.

Methinks they don't fit in with the neat "profile" they are crafting for public consumption.

Also - isn't AC essentially compromised with his CIA background? - summer job or not - he sure has ties to both the Rich and the Intelligence Community.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I was hoping that if we flooded Fox with sightings and pictures they would say something on the news like WOW and at least comment on all the e-mails.

I tried my best but I guess some people don't really care enough, I think a great opportunity we were given has now slipped through our fingers.

I'm disappointed this could have been spread big time on the net and news and all I can say is, sad so sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just read the post.

I emailed them an intelligent and very nicely worded email.
I asked them to discuss and not dismiss until they've actually researched and studied what they are to wash away as nonsense. And I also asked them to discuss this with a sincere voice and to take away from the everyday Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan discussions...

Hope they get a clue!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join