It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Lies Again About Soldiers Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It is come out that last week's news story about Iraqi insurgents storming a government office during a meeting in which five American soldiers were killed was a fabrication. One solder was killed on site and the other four soldiers were killed instead after being taken hostage, drove 25 miles into another province and executed.

news.yahoo.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq - In perhaps the boldest and most sophisticated attack in four years of warfare, gunmen speaking English, wearing U.S. military uniforms and carrying American weapons abducted four U.S. soldiers last week at the provincial headquarters in the Shiite holy city of Karbala and then shot them to death.

The U.S. military confirmed a report earlier Friday by The Associated Press that three of the soldiers were dead and one was mortally wounded with a gunshot to the head when they were found in a neighboring province, about 25 miles from the compound where they were captured. A fifth soldier was killed in the initial attack on the compound.

The new account contradicted a U.S. military statement on Jan. 20, the day of the raid on an Iraqi governor's office, that five soldiers were killed "repelling" the attack.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well now it just seems that this military can't keep its stories right. First there were the fabricated heroics of Jessica Lynch, which she herself reputed, then there was the whole Pat Tillman fiasco, the lies surrounding Abu Graib (a few bad apples, so only the lower ranks are punished), various rapes and Mai Li style massacre's (give me the Alice's Restaurant Massacre any day) and now this.
Just why is this... are we afraid to admit our men were captured instead of fighting to the death? Does it read better in the papers? Or does this Administration, one so allergic to the truth anyway, seem to think that somehow these lies make this ignoble war look more noble?

Related News Links:
hosted.ap.org

[edit on 27-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They have to keep the situation there from sounding as dangerous as the media portrays. How else will they be able to recruit more people to put their lives in the line to fight for their ideologies?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Well now it just seems that this military can't keep its stories right.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps in their zeal to get story out fast that AP got the facts wrong the first Time?

Or perhaps they did it intentionally as they did in one or two other cases?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I will go with the situation in Iraq so dangerous that the government is trying to paint a better picture for the sake of the US public opinion, taking into consideration that the American public already is fed up with Iraq.

They don't need to keep hearing that is just getting worst.

But that is also deceiving, because after all is many other ways to find the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Nooo... because that is how the military reported it. Just like its how they reported the Pat Tillman case and the Jessica Lynch case. There is a pattern there AND since the Pentagon has an iron grip on the media access of this war, unless they have "reporters" in bed with the troops... what news they get comes first through official channels. They didn't want a repeat of Vietnam where reporters reporting what they actually saw and experinced went a long way towards souring public opinion on the war.

I guess they felt that they could screw this one up on their own without any outside help.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Excuse me, but this is nothing new. Since when did the Military tell the Truth? I mean, this is not "Special" just for the USArmy, but basicly every Armed forces in the world. Especially when they are involved in a war or a conflict situation. You must be aware, that the Army has to fight a whole different front, besies that on the ground or in the air or in the waters - information warfare.

Media principles: Killed by friendly fire in US infowar - William Arkin
In [many cases], the U.S. and other western news media depend on the military for information.... And when the information that military officers provide to the public is part of a process that generates propaganda and places a high value on deceit, deception and denial, then truth is indeed likely to be high on the casualty list.

Suggested Read:
War, Propaganda and the Media

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Shameless AP Crime of the Day

More False headlines from Ap

AP We have no Honesty

Lies and Ommisions/Simple test of Media Bias

There are sevral more instances with the AP but I will spare my time and effort.

I really do not think there is a need to post the Reuters flangrant lies and made up photos do you?

[edit on 1/27/2007 by shots]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Don't like the message so so blame the medium huh? Like the military did not fabricate the whole Jessica Lynch thing or the "heroic" death of Pat Tillman either? Burying your head in the ground is supposedly what Ostriches do... but then that is probably a lie as well huh?

Oh yes its all liberal bias in the media against the poor hapless conservatives and Republicans bullhooey all over again.
Yeah right who owns 90+% of all the media? ROFLMAO!!!

[edit on 27-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hey what can I say you want to blame the military yet refuse to admit the press has and does make mistakes all the time. If you don't like it, that is not my problem.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I never said the media doesn't make the mistakes but the "liberal bias in the media" mantra has never been true, or at the very least to the degree that conservatives like make it out to be, and was sounding like a broken record years ago... now its just hackneyed and boring.

After 10 years of a Republician controlled congress and 6 years of a Republician presidency you have no one left to blame for the mess we are in except yourselves.

top topics

join