It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnets are a potential power source

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
This is a similar design to the Minato wheel:

www.youtube.com...

Yes, I saw this but was under the impression that the rotor was getting a 'kick' from that thingy that has the wire going to it. I wasn't able find anything else about it.

Another magnetic motor that has uses no power whatever and was patented (on appeal) is the Howard Johnson Magnetic Motor. The magazine article below relates how the reviewer travelled to see Johnson and saw firsthand that it did work. He also relates how scientists that were trying to work out how it worked using computer modelling and an actual prototype were perplexed by it all! I mention this because I found another site where a scientist has modeled the same motor but obviously with much more sophisticated software and concluded that it does indeed work but the construction tolerances required are critical.

This would suggest a reason why people have difficulty reproducing it. It also highlights a recurring theme in the Alt. Energy saga - that of repeatability or lack thereof. The only thing more depressing is the amount of time that has elapsed since the patent was granted in 1979 - nearly 30 years...

Another recurring theme

Johnson Magnetic Motor Magazine Article

JLN Labs

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
An electromagnet is required for all the functioning motors i've seen. The power consumed by the kick pulses in this design are rated to be lower than the power the machine produces.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wingman77

I would like to thank all the references to theory and limitations to this "perpetual motion" idea. I think that with the current Oil production / consumption problems we stronly need to look at this radical idea. I believe that this would only be a piece of the puzzle, however a LARGE piece. With current technology it is possible to have a vehicle that runs on electricity, however still needs a small gasoline powered engine to "help" with the process. It is my Idea that instead of using a small gasoline engine we use a magnet field generator to recharge the batteries.

My question to all you brains far superior to mine would be is it possible to obtain a DC voltage high enough to recharge the batteries of the hybrid vehicles of today?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Magnets aren't infinite and don't last forever. That statement 'even weak magnets...' isn't true. Magnets will, over time, degrade as they are put back into synchronicity with the earth's own magnetic field. A constant, unchanging, and ever-lasting magnetic field requires an electric current, which sort of precludes utility for energy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wingman77

a magnetic field is a property of space itself, not something attached to the magnet, which merely serves to induce or evote the field.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join