It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Vetrans Cemetary Ghost Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hey everyone, ive finaly motivated myself into joining up with ATS because i believe i have captured something pretty good on film that was taken at the Toowoomba War Vetrans cemetary in QLD Australia, i must apologise for the poor quality, ill try and scan one at a hight res when i get the time. Any comments or explanations would be good to see

Full Size Image - 1173x786

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Hate Priest]

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Hate Priest]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Greetings, fellow Aussie.

Happy Australia day for Friday!

Nice photo there. What you have are called Orbs, are generally appear on most photographs around graves and supposed 'haunted' sites. Unlike what some skeptics would try to argue, they are not dust, nor caused by dust or anything in the air. I've captured them on several occasions just after cleaning my camera's lens.

Check out my Paranormal Australia topic here and the photos i've taken. I even caught a face in one!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thanks buddy, and happy Australia day to you aswell!

it wasnt soo much the "Orbs" that caught my eye, i have seen these hundreds of times in previous photgraphs. What DID catch my eye was what looks to me like Ectoplasm eminating from a particular grave to the right.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I see the same. More the ectoplasm emenating from the grave near the right side of the photo. I have taken numerous photos that had what looks like "Smoke" in the picture. and no one was smoking and there was no grill or anything that could of possibly put out smoke. Orbs can be debunked too a point but the "smoke" ectoplasm manifesting in photos is spooky. I believe in both ectoplasm and orbs are forms of the non-living trying to tell us they are still around.
just my two cents

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hate Priest
Thanks buddy, and happy Australia day to you aswell!

it wasnt soo much the "Orbs" that caught my eye, i have seen these hundreds of times in previous photgraphs. What DID catch my eye was what looks to me like Ectoplasm eminating from a particular grave to the right.

Ahh, i didn't notice that. Nice find indeed

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Memorial statues all over seem to have mysterious smoke around them,we have a war hero memorial statue around here too that people have caught pictures of the hands moving on it's rifle while strange smoke appears around it.I have not seen this yet myself but will like to check it out one night.This is the statue...

i32.photobucket.com...
i32.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Was it raining when the photo was taken? and was there a light source above and behind you like a street lamp? As this looks like water on a zoom lens that is flaring with the light either of a flash or another light source

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cs_Exile
Was it raining when the photo was taken? and was there a light source above and behind you like a street lamp? As this looks like water on a zoom lens that is flaring with the light either of a flash or another light source

No, just your normal 28 degree night. Its kinda hard to explain the "orbs" because i took around 20 pics and every 2nd or 3rd was like that...cant be moisture. And YES i did make shure the lense was clear before taking any photos. As for the light source, there was a street lamp behind me but not bright enough to have any effect on the photo itself.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Forgive me for ressurecting this one, but its been like 3 days now and no more comments...anyone else want to have a go at it?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The orbs are a natural phenomen, there is nothing paranormal about them. I have many many photos with them in the pictures, I can post some if anyone is interested and can explain how to do so as I just tried. Now this supposed ectoplasm misty, smokey, stuff, I think that may be something of interest, something researchers need to identify, though I remain skeptical at this point.

Jeff

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hi Hate Priest,

I have taken a look at your pic, firstly i am using a standard CRT monitor, so i cant see anything that appears to be ghostly... It looks like the lense was rained on or something?

However I am a sceptic...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wow, I've only seen that many orbs in a few number of pictures. I am American so I'm not up on the Aussie slang, is QLD short for Queensland? I do not really know where to look for info on the cemetery. Toowoomba, I just get random unrelated sites, do you have any links as to when and who was buried there.

Although orbs are commonly able to be faked, the massive amounts of orbs and the shot of "plasma" picture certainly peaked my interest.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
Hi Hate Priest,

I have taken a look at your pic, firstly i am using a standard CRT monitor, so i cant see anything that appears to be ghostly... It looks like the lense was rained on or something?

However I am a sceptic...

Hey all,

I really want to believe in orbs and ecto but there's something about the photo that makes me say the same thing. This is not a knock on people's reps, but like downunder666 mentioned it does look like rain to me, or droplets, but then again, there are a lot of droplets on the camera, and part of me thinks it could be orbs. Man... I'm confusing myself.

Good pics

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Greetings, fellow Aussie.

Happy Australia day for Friday!

Nice photo there. What you have are called Orbs, are generally appear on most photographs around graves and supposed 'haunted' sites. Unlike what some skeptics would try to argue, they are not dust, nor caused by dust or anything in the air. I've captured them on several occasions just after cleaning my camera's lens.

Check out my Paranormal Australia topic here and the photos i've taken. I even caught a face in one!

BANG!! You hit the nail on the head "just after cleaning my lens"!!! This is typically when you would pic up "orbs"! Sometimes one thinks the lens is clean but all that happens is that the dust particles are moved from the edges of the lens to on the lens or particles from the cloth are left on the lens and suddenly "there's an orb". I have seen this happen a number of times!!

Not to say that there is no such thing but what you said triggered my response

The picture I looked at from the post typically looks like dust or pollen. Some are further from the screen than others. I wouldn't put this down to the type of orbs being refered too. Just my 2 cents. But hey, i am not outright debunking because I am no expert only giving MHO based on experiences.

[edit on 31/1/2007 by shearder]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Although orbs are commonly able to be faked, the massive amounts of orbs and the shot of "plasma" picture certainly peaked my interest.

Precicly what made me post it upon here, Ill have a look around for sites on the Toowoomba grave yard or surrounding area...but i can tell you now it wont be much. There have been a lot more "official" paranormal investigations in the surrounding districts, as well as histoical reports.

join