It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Convince Me About UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have spent the best part of two hours musing about the existence of UFO's. I have ended up with information about UAV's (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles); Antigravity Experiments (for example, the sort of thing Burkhard Heim wanted to develop - travels at speeds exceeding the speed of light); experiments at making aircraft isoluminescent (invisible to the naked eye) and pure Military and Government Disinformation. The last argument is the strongest to my mind because of the two magic words beloved by our Governments - "plausible deniability." This leaves people who believe in UFO's in the "nutcase" category. If the Military want vehicles to travel in excess of Mach 6 with complete radar invisibility and travel heights of 80,000 ft. it would make sense to deny the presence of UFO's and to stir up the conspiracy. However, I will keep an open mind and want to be convinced that there is CONCRETE EVIDENCE and not hearsay about UFO aircraft. Convince me!

Sites:
Deliberate Misinformation by the Military: www.ovnis.atfreeweb.com...

Silverbug project: www.crystalinks.com...

Antigravity experiments www.americanantigravity.com...

Isoluminosity: www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You are not done. Check out Steven Greer, David Serada, Stephen Basset, Jose Escamilla, Alfred Lambremont Weber, Philip J Corso, just to name a few.

Check video.google.com for more great videos.

start here:

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It is not our place to convince you. It is your place to find all available information and make up your mind.

I cannot convince anyone I saw a Bigfoot. All I can do is share my story and the rest is up to them. Same goes for UFO's.

If you see one for yourself you will believe. Until then everything else is just stories from those lucky enough to have had such an encounter.

Those that are trying to convince you are usually those with an agenda. Those who simply want to share what they saw and let you make up your mind are the real stories we should all be after.

Just my opinion,

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I asked myself this question. Who am I to think that I as a human being am the only intelligent beings in the Universe. You also have to look at technology. I don't think humans have come up with all that we have by ourselves. There are ET's out there and someday the truth will be uncovered. Possibly by ATS members. This is my opinion and that only. I do believe in ET's. You have to ask yourself what you believe.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Convincing? Hmmmm...Ok...I'll try my hand at this.

With all the evidence throughout our history, pertaining to U.F.O.'s, can we not draw pertinent conclusions that our world IS and HAS been visited by other worldly beings?

Concrete Evidence? Hmm...

Let's just focus on the basics then.

1. We live on a planet that revolves around a Sun (Solar System).

2. Our Solar System revolves around other Systems in a Galaxy.

3. There are many MANY Galaxies in the (known) Universe.

ETC. ETC. ETC...

Just how many Galaxies with the possiblility of how many humanoid settlements have developed is mind boggling!

Can you honestly tell me that there is NO POSSIBILTY of the existance of NO LIFE elsewhere in the Universe? Possibly Intelligent or more Intelligent that we are?

Telescopes can see the birth/death of stars/solar-systems.

Here comes the inevitable:

Are WE humans the ONLY sentient beings EVER?
Are all the stars/planets/galaxies/etc, PUT there in the sky, for human amusement only?

I'm sure that these questions have been addressed in other threads, however, I feel the need to see YOU\R response to the above.

As far as perhaps myself or others giving you 'concrete evidence' - What KIND of evidence are you looking for?

Aside from Alien abduction-Physical/Spiritual etc., what EVIDENCE would secure prominence with you?

In other words:

What EXACTLY are you looking for?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hey Heronumber0,

If you want to be convined about UFO's, watch this video:
www.youtube.com...

Huge amounts of people saw that UFO, and they all reported it. Now, a whole town can't be making things up can they?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree with what the mod said. Why would someone without a vested interest want to convince you that UFO's exist. The only thing that would convince you is for you to see one and then it is still up for debate as for the origin.

Why even ask a group of people to convince you of something? It seems that you have done some research on your own. Continue to do so and share your conclusions with us, if you like. That seems more workable, really.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Hey Heronumber0,

www.youtube.com...

Huge amounts of people saw that UFO, and they all reported it. Now, a whole town can't be making things up can they?

Thanks for post except no actual footage but no matter.
I left a comment at youtube.

Five columns of light means five Tesla flat coils flaring up cylidrical
columns of a/c lightning hot enough to boil water from up in the
air.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Great link. That's a multiple witness account I've never heard before, and all of the people were extremely genuine. I've heard of other similar UFO stories of craft picking up water, but nothing as public as this.

Too bad I had to spook myself before going to bed by watching the link after it:
www.youtube.com...

Two very different types of craft in both reports, it makes you wonder how many different aliens are visiting us. Or if it is just one species with multiple types of craft, but why the need for so many different types?

[edit on 26/1/07 by Atomic]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic

www.youtube.com...

Great link. That's a multiple witness account I've never heard before, and all of the people were extremely genuine. I've heard of other similar UFO stories of craft picking up water, but nothing as public as this.

Too bad I had to spook myself before going to bed by watching the link after it:
www.youtube.com...

Two very different types of craft in both reports, it makes you wonder how many different aliens are visiting us. Or if it is just one species with multiple types of craft, but why the need for so many different types?

[edit on 26/1/07 by Atomic]

If it was someone in a rubber suit they might have come from
the ufo, especially if that thing is charged with a lot of electrical
energy.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tock
You are not done. Check out Steven Greer, David Serada, Stephen Basset, Jose Escamilla, Alfred Lambremont Weber, Philip J Corso, just to name a few.

start here:

Google Video Link

Why not William R. Lyne in the list, in the biz since 1993 with his
German - New Mexico saucers by Von Braun using million volt
and/or million frequency Tesla spiral coils, got to give the guy a
chance.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock

start here:

Google Video Link

Thank you. I will check these out.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
It is not our place to convince you. It is your place to find all available information and make up your mind.

I cannot convince anyone I saw a Bigfoot. All I can do is share my story and the rest is up to them. Same goes for UFO's.

Just my opinion,

Good point. I suppose I need to know if Government (CIA/FBI) people were not involved in the Government denials and also in investigating UFO's. Also I need to know if the alien aircraft are not actually experimental UAV's or manned aircraft with technology well in advance of conventional aeronautics. I would also need to know that the experimental aircraft do not have the capacity for VTOL and that they do not have weaponry which could be tested from the air on cattle etc...
You are right of course. All people can do is share their stories and I intend to investigate further. However, as I said before, I have an open mind.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Convincing? Hmmmm...Ok...I'll try my hand at this.
Can you honestly tell me that there is NO POSSIBILTY of the existance of NO LIFE elsewhere in the Universe? Possibly Intelligent or more Intelligent that we are?

Here comes the inevitable:

Are WE humans the ONLY sentient beings EVER?
Are all the stars/planets/galaxies/etc, PUT there in the sky, for human amusement only?

In other words:

What EXACTLY are you looking for?

I see that you have stated the Principle of Mediocrity and have referred, subtly, to the Drake equation. I agree that with a billion Galaxies and the billion Solar Systems in each Galaxy point to other life "out there." However, I would also have to be convinced that ex-Government people (ex-Intelligence) did not start off the trend of UFO deniability and also UFO incvestigation.

I would also have to be convincd that current UFO's are not secret military aircraft with VTOL teachnology and laser/microwave weaponry. Furthermore, I would have to be convinced that the Government have not developed UAV's with the features attributed to UFO's.

My links indicate that the Military were involved in "Black" projects to develop aircraft with technologies far advanced of what we have now.

Finally, I could not find the link for this, but the Iranian government last year complained to the Russian Government about UFO's seen in their airspace. Bearing in mind that the USA, Britain and Israel are interested in oil, sorry, democracy in Iran what should I think? Are these UAV's or UFO's working for the USA Government?

Incidentally, the Russian Air Force asked the Iranians to shoot down the UFO's.

However, I still keep an open mind.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Whether these craft are alien or not is not at the moment provable in my humble view. If these are simply government craft (which is more than likely) then it is still extremely important we expose this as the technology is so very very advanced. We are not talking 10 or 20 years ahead here, we are talking seriously suppressed technology which seems to defy our understanding of basic physics and aeronautics.

There are a couple of cases that swung it for me.

The Battle of L.A

This is a fantastic case rarely covered in the mainstream media. Despite how it sounds the craft didn't attack anyone but the USA Anti Air guns fired tons of ammo at it, kept it illuminated the whole time and didn't bring it down. There is a video on youtube i believe along with a newspaper article and photo of it happening at the time.

The belgium Triangle UFO incident.

This one is one of my personal favorites. Radar contact, military jets sent up, thousands of people seeing it independantly. What more could you ask for as proof?

Rendalsham Forest

This case is slightly controversial, but no one can argue that something strange happened to these military men.

So to sum up, i don't know if it's aliens or our own government. I suspect it's more likely to be us, but as i said, i want to find out even if it is us.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How about you convince us to try to convince you :0

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
I have spent the best part of two hours musing about the existence of UFO's. I have ended up with information about UAV's (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles); Antigravity Experiments (for example, the sort of thing Burkhard Heim wanted to develop - travels at speeds exceeding the speed of light); experiments at making aircraft isoluminescent (invisible to the naked eye) and pure Military and Government Disinformation. The last argument is the strongest to my mind because of the two magic words beloved by our Governments - "plausible deniability." This leaves people who believe in UFO's in the "nutcase" category. If the Military want vehicles to travel in excess of Mach 6 with complete radar invisibility and travel heights of 80,000 ft. it would make sense to deny the presence of UFO's and to stir up the conspiracy. However, I will keep an open mind and want to be convinced that there is CONCRETE EVIDENCE and not hearsay about UFO aircraft. Convince me!

Sites:
Deliberate Misinformation by the Military: www.ovnis.atfreeweb.com...

Silverbug project: www.crystalinks.com...

Antigravity experiments www.americanantigravity.com...

Isoluminosity: www.rense.com...

The so called underminding of the existence of UFO'S starts with the name UFO'S by the so called parallel government. Unidentified Flying Objects should be stated Identifiable Flying Objects or IFO'S. My thoughts if you do see a known or unknown aircraft with wings you still say it is an aircraft regardless of propulsion. If you see a flying saucer you have identified its shape, possible color, lights, markings and possible occupants and the discription of the occupants. Again this is what is Identifiable. I say no to UFO and yes to IFO. Think for yourself out of the box and not what you are lead or told to say. Convince you that UFO'S exist I am sorry IFO's you will eventually have to convince yourself with continued research. Rik Riley

[edit on 27-1-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hi Hero,
I agree with Wupy (mod), none of us can convince you, I was a sceptic and seeker until I had my own experience. (1988)
At that point I stopped searching, I have hardly spoken of "aliens" since unless people ask me directly.
I do read this forum though, wondering, listening.
Perhaps you will be "convinced" by intellectual reasoning, perhaps not.
Is it important? Or is it just a matter of winning an argument?

Good Luck
WIS

join