It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever been had

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
if their are religions older than christianity that had christmas easter and 12 apostles then does that mean the holy book isnt your holy book and you have all been had.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nothing about Christianity is original. We know this. To me, this makes Christianity invalid. Let them believe what they want... until they start hurling hellfire and such garbage, anyway...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Lest we forget,

Christianity should only be about Christ's teachings and everything else is not important.

In that regard I strongly agree with both of you.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Lest we forget,

Christianity should only be about Christ's teachings and everything else is not important.

In that regard I strongly agree with both of you.

i second that. christ rocked. with the sowing and the reaping and the doing unto others as you would have them do to you and the forgiving and loving your enemy and the oneness of it all and the light and the truth and the way and get thee behind me satan and the prodigal son and whatnot. the message is divine whether the man was or not. some seriously wise guidelines for a symbiotic society.
later manipulation of the biblical canon by the vatican and the masons couldn't weed out the simple truths of parables.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   

with the sowing and the reaping and the doing unto others as you would have them do to you and the forgiving and loving your enemy and the oneness of it all and the light and the truth and the way and get thee behind me satan and the prodigal son and whatnot.

OMG THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE CHRISTIAN WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the message was good.
Only someone Devine could follow that way, This is not the way humans can possibly live by, and time has proven that.
Deep

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat
if their are religions older than christianity that had christmas easter and 12 apostles then does that mean the holy book isnt your holy book and you have all been had.

Well, that'd be impossible because Christmas and Easter and 12 apostles are things made up by Christianity. That's like saying "if there's a religion older than Ramadaan that has Ramadaan..."

Are there religions older than Christianity? Yes. Zoroasterism is one of them. So is the worship of Zeus and all the gods of Greece, all the gods of Sumeria, all the gods of ... heck, you name an ancient civilization and their religion is older than Christianity.

Even Judaism is older than Christianity.

Did Christianity borrow elements from other religions? Apparently so.

Are Easter and Christmas borrowed festivals? Yes.

Do other religions teach similar things? Yes. Many have supreme deities that are kinder than the Christian deity, who claims to love and then claims to send most of humanity to hell... a special kind of love, there.

Is there absolute proof that any religion's deities exist? Only in the hearts of their believers. That's why I tend to agree with Terry Pratchett; that when a god's followers die, the god dies too.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well said Byrd. I agree completely.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat

NO...not really
them christians do lots of 'borrowing' & mystery explainations & spin, etc etc
chrisXmas, easter are easily linked to archaic pagans
resurrection a form of reincarnation &/Or Quantum physics??
12 apostles= heavenly zodiac? reign of patriarchs?
old testament borrowed from Hebrews
new testament-->developed by the Pauline Christianity,
upon the expulsion of Peter (remember the Jesus meme...upon this rock, I will build my church) ~325AD??

None of this makes christianity a fraud...it has evolved and developed as todays' christianity... & as far as being HAD?.... Its' All in the Eye of the Believer...

sorry, squintingcat, the volitile religious issues are all on a 'sliding scale'....no real, Absolutes...because its all a faith & belief frame of reality

next epoch, the multi dimensional & Quantum nature of matter & spirit will find grounding in the since evolved religions of today....which will make you/us, what? in the eyes of future believers??

keep your mind & spirit questing,
& enjoy the journey

~~zz~~

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
so if i went on national television with 12 of my mates and said they were apostles,told the world my birthday was 25th december and my dad was god then i wouldnt be considered a fraud if my girlfriend and little brother believed me.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
[Well, that'd be impossible because Christmas and Easter and 12 apostles are things made up by Christianity. That's like saying "if there's a religion older than Ramadaan that has Ramadaan..."

Are there religions older than Christianity? Yes. Zoroasterism is one of them. So is the worship of Zeus and all the gods of Greece, all the gods of Sumeria, all the gods of ... heck, you name an ancient civilization and their religion is older than Christianity.

Even Judaism is older than Christianity.

Did Christianity borrow elements from other religions? Apparently so.

Are Easter and Christmas borrowed festivals? Yes.

Do other religions teach similar things? Yes. Many have supreme deities that are kinder than the Christian deity, who claims to love and then claims to send most of humanity to hell... a special kind of love, there.

Is there absolute proof that any religion's deities exist? Only in the hearts of their believers. That's why I tend to agree with Terry Pratchett; that when a god's followers die, the god dies too.

Well said. You've expressed my thoughts when I lacked the words to do so myself!

new topics

top topics

join