It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Brothers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The lifestyle they promote???? What, you mean like a healthy family bond, brothers working together in a cooperative manner, creative expression, self awareness, personal goal achievement. Yeah, these are very bad things.

When you separate the word naked from the show and turn it into something somehow dirty, that is YOUR doing, YOUR attitude, not the shows. The only way your children will get something bad from watching this show, is the judgmental and reactionary attitude that some parents seem determined to promote.

Hey, if you don't like television, then don't watch it, but to rant against a good show simply because you have personal issues with the title is silly. There are far worse things in society to protect your children from, than the simple use of a word in a television show title. You are judging a book by it's cover and that is just wrong.

Children can grow up healthy and well balanced if they are given the tools to do so. Crime, war, corruption, promiscuity, moral degradation, all of these will be met in life as well as on television, and if children are given the proper tools and they will meet them and still grow up healthy. Banning words wont help at all. Teaching objective reasoning will. Being judgmental and reactionary is the opposite of objective reasoning.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
The lifestyle they promote???? What, you mean like a healthy family bond, brothers working together in a cooperative manner, creative expression, self awareness, personal goal achievement. Yeah, these are very bad things.

When you separate the word naked from the show and turn it into something somehow dirty, that is YOUR doing, YOUR attitude, not the shows. The only way your children will get something bad from watching this show, is the judgmental and reactionary attitude that some parents seem determined to promote.

Hey, if you don't like television, then don't watch it, but to rant against a good show simply because you have personal issues with the title is silly. There are far worse things in society to protect your children from, than the simple use of a word in a television show title. You are judging a book by it's cover and that is just wrong.

Children can grow up healthy and well balanced if they are given the tools to do so. Crime, war, corruption, promiscuity, moral degradation, all of these will be met in life as well as on television, and if children are given the proper tools and they will meet them and still grow up healthy. Banning words wont help at all. Teaching objective reasoning will. Being judgmental and reactionary is the opposite of objective reasoning.

Sorry man. A "Rock Band" lifestyle is not a healthy lifestyle.
No matter what you say. That is just the end of the story. Maybe SOME adults can handle the rigors of it, but kids can't, and they should not be expected to know how to move through the obstacles of it.

As a matter of fact, kids that were exposed to a celebrity lifestyle and had it end negatively, FAR exceed the number of positive stories.

Like it or not, that is the truth. And, no sane parent wants their kid to think that the Cheetah Girls, or Naked Brother Band is a "Normal" life. And, no, I don't think most of the little kids that watch these shows can tell the difference, or are able to sort things out for themselves. And, they shouldn't have to.

And, I am ranting more against the people behind the ideas, than I am about the show itself.

If we able to destroy thousands of families each year with Megan's Law, we should also take the responsibility of making sure kids are not depicted sexually in ANY way through the media.

Here is another example: Just in the last hour, my girlfriend and I, while watching TV, watched 2 commercials for "ABC Family", which is, laughably, ABC's programming geared toward, yup, families. The advertisements for both shows were totally focused on cheating, sex and violence. The one, "Wildfire", did nothing but tell us how the one kid caught his girlfriend in bed with another guy. The other, Lincoln Heights, I think, was all about an obsessed man, trying to sleep with the wife of another man, ending in a huge violent blowout. That, to me, is not "Family" programming.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that the narrator for the nice shows, were portrayed by young kids exclaiming, "Awesome show!", "I can't wait for the next one", etc. Hehe. Honest. That's just nuts.

Are things getting clearer?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by IeatALIENS]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You want to talk Barbies? This is the image that Barbies give off. If I had a daughter, there is no way in hell I would allow this trash in my home. And these commercials are all over kids programming. Now, is this appropriate for our children?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by dirty_underground]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
These are the commercials they play during the "good wholesome, wannabe rock star" family programs that is so good for our kids to watch. The little girl across the street is 9, she looks up to these images and tries to be just like them. This is why I feel so strongly on this issue. I see first hand what this imaging is doing to our youth. Is this how you want your kids to look?

Who would watch a show called The Silver Boulders? Now lets name it Naked Brothers and get some attention. Sure I have given the show attention in this forum, but this is hardly publicity for them!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This family is so talented and so wholesome in what they do I would watch them if they were called the 'spawn of satan' or 'kids that like cream corn'.

Like Ozzy, the KING OF DARKNESS. Yep. Im scared of him, yeah boy. *meow*

I tend to actually watch what my kids view. Like Avatar for example... love that show. It helps children realize enlightenment exists and somewhat of a road map on how to set out for a bit of it. Seen it? Its great.

If I dont like something, I simply turn the channel or divert the activities to something more creative. I dont care what is on TV because I know I am there to monitor it.

Did you crap when the Tellatubbies came out with their pretty purses? Thats a little different. That is something to be looked at 'for a good reason as to why they need purses... subliminal'? This isnt. No conspiracy to be found here and not much anger about the little boys choice either, or so it seems.

If you look for nasty hard enough... you bound to find it. In anything... even and especially the bible.

Also, parental controls are available to all of us. If you get Nick, you have cable. Thus, the access to parental controls. Use them. Or watch with your kids. You'll see some of your paranoia is founded but in this case, you are way off base.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You still don't understand my point.

You are looking at specifics. I am seeing hundreds of situations like this, all adding up.

I should not have to monitor my child viewing a station that markets itself as a "Kids-Safe" media-type.

There is no "paranoia" on my part. Just common sense. You see, I have been around long enough to have viewed the coming of, the establishment of, the battle against, the loss to, and the effects of media that is too liberal when it comes to the concerns of our children.

Years ago, people were outraged against TV marketing programs to children, that were morally lacking, too violent, too sexy, etc.

The people that were talking about the coming problem were labeled as ultra-conservative, paranoid crazies. The trend proceeded unhindered.

In recent years, this trend has been blamed for everything from the high pregnancy rate among underage girls, to little kids shooting each other in schools, too the rise in sex crimes against kids.

Hey! This is actually happening. Get it? The difference is, even though this was already accepted as fact, and isn't even disputed anymore, nobody is doing anything about it. It is just accepted at this point.

The only people that are really going to understand what I am saying, are the people that experienced and observed all of this, as I did.

It isn't really worth arguing about for me after this post. Anybody that has done any type of research, knows that I am not giving an opinion here. I am stating fact. The problem is similar to Global Warming. The facts are known, but the problem is, nobody wants to do anything about it.

So, the children are now groomed on the "Kiddy Channels" with a half-dozen shows about preteen rock stars and pop dancers. After that, they can slide, effortlessly, into the MTV culture, cars, sex, money, "Ho's", etc.

And, if a parent tries to stop it, they are in for a battle, because the child already thinks it is "normal", they have grown up with this imagery, and anything that veers from this course, will seem uncomfortable, unfair, and unwelcome.

Sorry... that just isn't ok for my kid.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thank you IeatALIENS. You have added a great deal to this thread. There are only a few of us left who really understand what this world is creating and all that our children face. If protecting my child's innocence and morals is considered being a dictator over my children, then so be it. I will continue to keep my children safe from the other children the people on this thread will be raising. I, for one, know good morals and values and will continue that course no matter what...does that mean I am a terrorist? Anyone who goes against the "norm" is labeled that right?
How can you call a show that introduces it's first guest star being Snoop Dogg, good wholesome family value? When this rapper first came out, he was a huge contreversy with his weed smoking, girl pimping, gang banging, gun toting lyrics and ways. Now here he is 15 years later showing up on our children's programming. How is this family value?

To say that my mind is in the gutter when I say Naked makes you think of nude is just absurd.
NAKED-1. completely unclothed; nude 2. without covering
BROTHERS- male related to one by having the same parent

Now those two together would mean, unclothed; nude, males. Maybe that just means I'm more intelligent then you are. I know the definition of these words. What else could it mean but that, it does not mean my mind is in a bad place. Sure you may think it's innocent now, but that does go away. My son will learn about sex, it is natural and everyone does it, but he will learn it from me and taught the right way, not with smut suggested from the television.

IeatALIENS hit the nail right on the head in his postings. I'm sure everyone here knows the moral degradation of this society, the only problem is that they, themselves, are a product from the past demoralizing.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Parents' insistent, Nazi-like attempt to control every aspect of their children's character is terrifying. Someone brilliantly mentioned disallowing their children from watching a band because it had nakedness in the title. Teaching their youth to fear nudity and sexuality.

Obviously, this is healthy.
Isn't it?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Underground:
I continue to agree with pretty much everything youre saying. My son just turned 13 and he began middle school last year, here middle school is 6,7 and 8th grades and unfortunately this is the period in school that the troublemakers begin to show themselves. There were fights almost daily, bomb threats were a weekly occurrence and the school system refuses to remove the problems out of the class, thanks to the no child left behind bs. Im not going to bore you with bragging on my son, ill just say that he is a good kid and intelligent and he was getting to the point where he felt like he wasnt learning as much as he should be because of all the distractions in his school.
This led to our decision, at the beginning of the year, to try our hand at home-shcooling. We use a combination of an online based curriculum, www.time4learning.com and a few other traditional curriculums.
The point I'm trying to make is that I agree with what you say about trying to shield him from things that i consider to be morally wrong and in other cases just plain dangerous like drugs etc.
This age period is very crucial and peer pressure is NOT your friend. You do not have to shelter a child forever, just long enough to teach them whats right and wrong and be able to hold on to those teachings untill they get passed these crucial years.
Its just been him and I alone since the divorce inabout 1999 and in addition to having just a parent son relationship we are also really good friends and do almost everything together. I am very much involved with him AND all of his friends and I always allow him to use his better judgement on almost every issue that arises and as of now I have never had to forbid him from seeing any people, if some kid is questionable and we have a talk about it, hes always made the decision to not be friends with them.
People always ask why things seem to be going downhill in the world, why the people seem to be "dumb" or why the crime rate is still rising.
It all begins at home, its a vicious cycle of poor parenting and untill the parents open their eyes and do something about this to break that cycle, it is only going to get worse.
I am not claiming to be the best parent in the world and I'm definately not trying to push my parenting techniques off on others because what works for me may not work for others. All I know is it DOES work for me, when you actually try and you do your best it will show and you WILL be rewarded with the honor of having raised a wonderful child and that is truly the highest honor that I will ever receive in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Which crime rate is rising?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Kronos, bravo on the homeschooling decision. I too homeschool my son and plan to homeschool my youngest one. This decision was based too on the fact that he wasn't really learning what he needed to, but continued to advance in the grades. He is only nine and we still have a lot to talk about in all areas (especially sex). I will check out that web site you mentioned though. We use a self made curriculum of text books purchased from the local used bookstore. It is hard work and I commend you for taking action.

My son makes good decisions based on how he was brought up. I just know there are many other kids out there who do not, as a result of the parents working and such, they are not there to teach, talk or even listen to the kids.

And I'm not trying to shelter him from sex and nakedness, and whatever else. It's a nasty cruel world out there and he's got the rest of his life to go through the hell, I just want him to enjoy his innocence and his childhood to the fullest extent. No growing up too fast here. And he will be prepared for the world and be socially well rounded. but not because he was a product of being in this nasty society, but as a product of my raising, teaching and examples!

Back on subject, to say that I don't allow him to view it because of the name is not what I'm saying here. It's the marketing of it all. The band goes by a different name and it's only the begining to everything else.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by dirty_underground]

[edit on 28-1-2007 by dirty_underground]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm actually referring to crime in general and the fact that I believe that most criminals are born at home due to bad parenting. I honestly have no idea what the stats are and theyre really not important to me but youre welcome to look them up but it really has nothing to do with this topic in general I just used it as an example of what can be the result of poor parenting.
There are many points I was trying to make in my post but the most important one in my opinion is the fact that people are not taking parenting seriously.
The plop a 42" T.V. in front of their child and allow it to babysit them unsupervised for hours on end and call that good parenting.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Kr0n0s]

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm compelled to agree, really. The school system is just mass education used to provide workers, it really isn't for education at all. The desire to learn seems to be a trait given, at least in part, by the parents. Education can only be done willingly, not through forced labor as is found in public schools.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well, the show in question aired tonight and I had actually planned on watching it or at least to start watching it, mostly because of all the attention weve given it on here. lol I missed it though and im all broken up about it (sarcasm) lmao
As much as i have to say about the public school systems I really think it belongs in another thread as I dont like to hijack peoples threads so Ill just say this last thing.
Its in my opinion that the schools have gotten out of the business of "teaching" and more into the business of trying to raise your child for you.
Ive heard so many stories of schools that have stuck their nose so far into where it doesnt belong and they actually believe it is their right.
This is a scenario that i am terrified of...When 9/11 happened I lived in Boise Idaho, I was getting my son ready for school, which started at 9am and I was getting ready for work. I walked outside with a cup of coffee and heard a loud roar in the sky, I looked up to see the bottom of a passenger jet that was so close, I probably couldve hit it with a rock. Found out later it was a plane being diverted back to the airport.
Long story short.. I turned on the news in time to see the second tower being hit. I went ahead and took my son to school and went to work, It was at work that i saw the towers fall and heard the rumors that L.A was being attacked and possibly Seattle, which all turned out negative.
At this point I was afraid that martial law would be declared and my sons school would be locked down, so I left work and picked him up from school.
Of course martial law was never declared
That however is one of my worst fears. That some kind of attack would happen and my son will be locked away from me untill such time that the govt says i can have him back (for our safety of course). Thats another reason for my decision to homeschool.
Anyway, im really sorry for the abrupt change in topic, I just wanted to point out how far the government goes in thinking that it owns your child more than you do..
Im goin to play Runescape

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Here are the boys 'doing their thing'.

PARENTS BEWARE... THIS SHOULD BE CENSORED *sarcastic*

www.youtube.com...

YouTube them, I challenge you to find anything remotely sick, distasteful, or 'bad' for your child's programmed mind.

This is a challenge, I'll make it easy, use YouTube since you dont want to tune in. I have given you all the tools you need to make these kids look bad. They try to look cool but bad? haha They couldnt pull it off if they tried... even with tats.

Now, do it.

Aint gonna happen. The song Rosalina is the only even somewhat close, and even it isnt. That particular song was written by one of the boys friends who happens to have a mad crush on their older sister Rosalina... Hey, it was good material. Why would they trash it?
To, it should be noted that the boy that wrote Rosalina is her age... probably 3-5 yrs older than Alex and Nat. Rosalina's age... teenagers. So, in that context it looks a lot different, no?

Look for the good in things, not the bad.

I'll tell you whats sick. Parents that smother their children to the point it makes them odd outcasts because they were programmed rather than RAISED. Its those kids that end up freaking out and running MAD at the first chance away from the parent they can get. As they grow, they realize your strong-hold and naturally, rebel. With MUCH wrath.

It is a parent's job to let a kid explore. Its a parents job to RAISE their children... then you know they have their head together and can make decisions best for them. Then they can actually leave home and you not be worried to death. Otherwise, when your kids get older... your going to be a pure basket case. Because you have no faith in knowing you and ONLY you is all they need to be decent people. Outside stimuli doesnt impact that if a child is raised, rather than programmed.

A programmed child is an easy target for society. It whats society want... bunch of little robots lacking of a mind of their own. Children that were programmed are easily programmed to other things of their choosing, at some point. And guess what... you wont be there to intervene.

People these days dont raise their kids. They simply exist or are programmed. I was RAISED by my ol Cherokee granny. Old-school child rearing. Not programming for she knew in her infinite wisdom that would only result in me being a poorly enlightened, closed minded person to anything I had not been programmed to explore or believe.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This thread intrigues me. As the father of 2 extremely well adjusted young children (6 and 9) I'm startled at the degree of issue taken with the title of this show.

We've raised our kids in an environment of truth and open-ness. They're aware of and use the medical terms for all the body parts, they're aware of the concept of nudity and nakedness and that it is in fact natural, however publicly we are modest, etc...And in fact, I attribute some of their high level of maturity and intelligence to this upbringing.

We don't hide the intense, scary, negative things in life from them, rather, we use these events as opportunities to engage them and explain that in life, these things happen and we must be prepared for them.

They never once tittered or blushed or behaved in any manner that suggested to me "Naked Brothers" was conjouring up anything "impure" in their minds.

I wonder, if something was titled "The Naked Truth", and also had nothing to do with nudity, would there be such an outcry against it?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Commercials in Europe have nudity. Been to Holland, saw the commericals, and also noticed dozens upon dozens of well adjusted kids and families. America will be destroyed by this stupid moralistic attitude about natural bodily reactions and knowledge.

Somebody said they want their kids to remain innocent for as long as possible. Can someone please tell me the difference between innocence and ignorance?

As a child I was precocious, and 90% of the things my parents protected me from were A: not dangerous, B: available to me anyway (my body), and C: based on their own fear, nuerosis and idiosyncracies. Parents in America are more successful at passing their neurosis onto their kids than a good life. Witness the fact that no nation is better at making criminals than we are. The freest country yet we have more violent sociopaths per capita than any other nation. Our jails are teeming with failed abandoned children now in adult bodies being rehabbed at high (profitable) cost.

I see parents taking their little kids to see movies like "Chainsaw Massacre" and "Saw 3" but if there were a fully visable penis or vagina projected on the screen, these parents would be attacking the theatre manager. What a bunch of morons.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have traveled quite a bit around this dusty globe, speaking several languages and getting involved in a variety of cultures.

My favorite all time advertisement was on a billboard I saw in Brasil in the late 1980s. An ad for The United Colors of Benetton, an Italian clothing manufacturer, (Benetton.com). The billboard showed a naked woman's torso from the neck to the waist. It was a black woman breastfeeding a white baby. I thought it was beautiful. I bet many Americans would find it highly objectionable for two reasons. Racism, and that her breast was exposed. How stupid. Breastfeeding is natural and no shame should be attached to it. Racism is ignorance pure and simple.

Those that are so judgmental that they cannot deal with words like naked only create repression. I applaud tjack for raising his children to be objective and rational.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
First of all, the issue was never with the content, but since I have been challenged to find something, here it is. I can see why you chose that clip for your side of the story. Now let me show you my clips for my side of this.

Jesse the Babysitter

Squeezing Boobies

In case you don't like YouTube, here is a link directly to their site that contain these trailers.

The Naked Brothers Band

How is this appropriate for our children? For a child to stick his head in the cleavage of a grown woman and you promote this as being acceptable?! This is unacceptable in any case!
You're right Terapin, the billboard does sound beautiful, breastfeeding is natural, as both of my own children were breastfed. That is a healthy display of the human body in it's appropriate use.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join