It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Really Want to Meet An Alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What do you think would happen if we really ran into an Alien species?

Stephen Hawking said that, "The history of advanced races meeting more primative people on this planet in not very happy, and they were the same species. I think it would be a Disaster", when asked hes gut feeling on the subject.

Alot of scientist have predicted that, "We will know for sure between 2020-2025"

Knowing us its highly unlikely that we would pass apon a chance to communicate with another intelligence no matter how dangerous it might be for us.

:wow
lanet hunter who have just touched the surface have discovered over 130 known planets outside the milky way. So its even for skeptics its not to far out of the realm that we might be visited.

My question is what do you think would happen?

1. They see us but consider us just not important enough to waste their time on, too primative. Maybe like Star Trek there waiting for us to do something special like hyper travel, etc.

2. We are too scary fighting each other at some spot on the Earth constantly, Nuclear war, etc. So they pass

3. They show up say hi, want to be friends. Want to meet some women.

4. Show up Independence day style and just want to steal our natural resources.

5. Show up Battle field Earth style and not only want our resources but need some slaves too.

6. Curiosity overtakes them and they land with a give and take personality.

7. Are xenophobic and will kill us if they find us.

8. Came some time ago to mine, genitically altered us from Neanderthals, to Homosapiens, and the "starchild was born"
www.meta-religion.com/Paranormale/UFO/alien_skulls.htm

9. Are here right now ie men in black.
9A. They are working with government like the movie
9B. Are working to slowly take over the government with hybrids and control us.

The question is what do you think?

all caps removed from title.

[edit on 1-26-2007 by worldwatcher]

Edn

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think the doomsday scenario where the aliens will destroy us is highly unlikely for a number of reasons. The first being were simply not advanced enough to pose any sort of threat to a species who has the technology to travel here in the first place. You also have to consider the politics, if there one alien species it likely means there are a lot of species and with that destroying an entire primitive race wouldn't play to well with other species around the galaxy.

As for the mining resources scenario again it simply doesn't seam logical. The Earth although it contains a lot of resources doesn't contain a great deal when you compare it to the rest of our system, again politics would play into this, although an alien race may send a mining team here to extract resources destroying us in the process is something I doubt would go down very well with other species. If they were to come here at all I would expect (hope) they would simply mine the other planets.

I think two things will either happen, we would be deemed not ready yet and would be avoided by all alien races although I doubt anyone would pass up the chance to watch a world evolve or destroy its self. Or they would contact up and hopefully give us a nice recipe for ice cream.

that is all of course assuming that most alien races have evolved to the point where no longer rely on war and mass slaughters to solve there problems.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The only ones that i'd like to meet are the pleiadeans (you know...the human looking folks
)

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I would like to meet any alien that is not hostile at this point.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to say I'd like to see one, I think in reality I'd freak out if I did!

But I guess it would be something you'd get used to, as long as they're not hostile.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Personally I think aliens visit earth either from time to time or as an ongoing observance, may even have bases here and there, but I think they are likely withholding all out contact even with our govt. because we are still the equivalent of the retards from the movie deliverence in this sector of the galaxy.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

because we are still the equivalent of the retards from the movie deliverence in this sector of the galaxy.

OMG, I just spit beer all over my desk.

I'd like to see and talk to one, I don't think I'd freak out or anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The real question is would a grey like to meet a muy tai boxer.

Thats what i'd like to know.

"in this corner in the purple trunks wieghing in at 47 lbs, expert in the art of mind control and galactic anal prob champion of 2006...GAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEB NOB!"

"And in the other corner with the red trunks died from the blood of his many defeated opponents, weighing in at 185lbs, and able to knock a tree over with one kick....The World Champion Kickboxer....THe undisputed, undefeated....PISSSSSSSS DOFF!"

DING!

Ringside announcer #1 "and thats the bell lets see how round one goes"
Announcer #2 "wait a minute gawebnob is trying to climb out of the ring! It looks like he's running!"
Announcer #1 "Oh wait! Piss Doff has got Gaweebnob by the legs! And he's setting up for his patented round house kick!"
Anouncer #2 "you mean the one he uses to knock down tree's with his forest clearing sidejob! he's going to do it folks!! he's gunna do it!!! THis is not going to be pretty!!"

THWACK! SPLAT! CRACK! POP! THWACK (again)

"oh man and Gaweebnobs trainer has thrown in the towel!"
"the ringside medics are calling for an extra small body bag and a plastic grocery bag,broom and dustpan for the rest of the little guy!"

THere you have it folks, we look forward to next weeks bout where the champion will take on his newest challanger.

SSSSSSTINKY ASSSSS reptiliod overlord from the planet cra..er..draco!

top topics

join