It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK muslim policewoman refuses handshake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a muslim policewaman refuses to shake hands with the head of the metropolitan police

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I speak for most when i say no one will shake the hand of the head of the metroplitan police. The met are basically Tony's best friends..

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
She doesn't have to marry all the people she arrest. If that is the case then she has no place on the force.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wow more MUSLIMs trying to fit in not like the police now have to change their ways because of this, what is next prayer rooms in the station and crosses taken off, shall we submit to sharia law too? May as well if we are putty when facing Islam it makes the police look politically correct, good I hope it does now hope they cope with can of worms of the small print Muslims forget to mention that comes with it.
I felt sorry for this post not many people looked I think people are bored about muslim this and that these days I don't blame them. Now people can say I am so wrong and a bully and a Islmophobe. Hope the post gathers some more replies

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I felt sorry for this post not many people looked I think people are bored about muslim this and that these days I don't blame them. Now people can say I am so wrong and a bully and a Islmophobe. Hope the post gathers some more replies

No, u make broad, sweeping generalizations about people (i.e. Muslims), which just highlights ur ignorance more than anything

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
She should have shook his hand so she could confirm if he is a mason or not.

I know a couple of people in the Police force, and the handshakes used by some officers let the other person know they are a mason, depending on where they place their thumb on which knuckle of the other person..

My friend who works in the force used the handshake (although he is not a mason, he knows about it) to try and confuse other officers into believeing he was a high level mason lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
could you tell me what as mason is. Is it something to do with the police only

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The woman's refusal was based on her view that her faith prevented her touching a man other than her husband or a close relative.

Just how is she going to be able to effect an arrest if she can not touch other men? I guess she will only be arresting females.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It's a little perplexing how this woman is going to do her job effectively, unless she's in an administrative role behind a desk or something.
I know there's a couple of Muslim policewomen here in Australia, I'm guessing it'd be the same deal.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
They should sack her.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm all for supporting people's religious beliefs and preferences, and in most jobs this behaviour would probably be acceptable, but a police office cannot properly perform his/her with such restrictive beliefs.

Basically all religious beliefs (regardless of religion) should be supported If you let those beliefs impair your ability to do your job effectively, then you shouldnt have that job.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i wouldnt shake his hand either. You shouldnt believe everything you read, perhaps the faith part is a red herring, it might be that she thinks he is an evil git who has sold himself and his country out to the war on terrorism, like Blair. Anyone remember Jean Charles de Menezes?!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by The time lord

No, u make broad, sweeping generalizations about people (i.e. Muslims), which just highlights ur ignorance more than anything

Although this is an old thread I still need to reply. I know there are Muslims out there who were former Muslims or don't take it seriously in the UK like some Christians who have Christian parents but are not really Christian in nature them selves.

Not not all Muslims are that fundimental, but the few who really want to show off Islam by getting what they want as long as your faith does not go a long way because we will let it happen. Officials bend over backwards to appear non racist and tollerant when confronting with the differences, they are put in awkard positions and are exposed in newpapers where in the end they just give in out of fear.

All it takes is one or two unhappy Muslims to change your office into a prayer room and your Muslim cook who is unable to cook you bacon in the morning because of their religion turns simpleness into a high complex court room case. Then it goes to the papers and then the authorities give in, case closed you lost the conquest of the Muslim faith wins another battle at Medina infedel land of your work place.

Happens all the time and it makes me laugh that we let it.

top topics

join