It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omm Seti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

This is my first thread, and I would like to discuss Omm Seti, particularly her descriptions of a room of records underneath the Temple of Seti, at Abydos.

I have become aware of this amazing story through a book my father gave me, Ancient Mysteries, by Peter James and Nick Thorp.

that underneath it lies a secret vault containing a library of historical and religious records... Unfortunately no one yet seems to have followed up her lead by searching for it.

This book is very objective, in my opinion, and is quick to expose the likes of Edgar Cayce.

My question for you budding egyptologists is:
Has anyone tried to do more site work at the Temple of Seti? The book was published in 1999 and says no one has attempted to find Omm Seti's chamber.

I would also like to hear more about Omm Seti (the book had a nice long section on her, full of primary interviews, but I'm always down to hear less substantiated stuff).

I am going forward assuming whoever discusses this with me is informed on the topic. If anyone would like to learn what I have, I guess I could scan the section when I get a chance.

I hope someone out there is as interested in her as i now am.

*edit:
heres a background link:

query.nytimes.com...

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Philadelphite]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Has anyone tried to do more site work at the Temple of Seti? The book was published in 1999 and says no one has attempted to find Omm Seti's chamber.

there is a secret chamber at the temple of Seti and it does have many records in it in the form of Hieroglyphs carved on the walls
though it is open to the air since the roof has gone
this is a quite normal way of keeping temple records in ancient egypt
www.touregypt.net...
the Osireion was discovered in 1902 though by Flinders Petrie who likened it to a tomb of Osiris hence the name
this is the problem with reincarnated memories
you don't always get all the details and the imagination has a habit of filling in the blanks. memory abhors a vacuum
the fact that she remembered an underground chamber and that the Osireion wasn't it doesn't mean its not the detail that she was recalling
because when it was originally built the Osireion was hidden underground

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sorry Marduk but the end of your post is a little hard to understand.

Basically you are saying that this chamber was found in the first decade of the 20th century.

I don't have the book in front of me right now, so I can't recall the dates of Omm Seti's life/prediction.

Have they done any sonar analysis or anything to find out if there is anything below this chamber?

So you, the great debunker, are saying that Omm Seti is credible, at least, not completely off the level? The book I read this from described her as being very respected by Egyptologists and the Department of Antiquities.

I'd love to read anything more anyone has

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think it is just a myth that there's something interesting in that chamber. I am sure if there ever was such a chamber it has since been plundered and looted.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, I looked up "Omm Seti" and I'm not really sure what to think about her. Here's a link to a biography of her:
www.llewellyn.com...

I do believe that there were strong fantasy elements in what she reported. The bits about King Seti traveling to other planets and reporting on their civilizations is just a bit too far fetched. I'm not sure how much real help she gave to the Egyptologists and how much of what was reported was fantasy.

Interesting topic, though. What links can the rest of you find?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
By the way, there's a lot of books and publications on research done at the temple in Abydos. They use Ground penetrating radar to identify sites:
www3.interscience.wiley.com...

Originally posted by Philadelphite
Basically you are saying that this chamber was found in the first decade of the 20th century.

Yes. Have a look at this:
www.touregypt.net...

So you, the great debunker, are saying that Omm Seti is credible, at least, not completely off the level? The book I read this from described her as being very respected by Egyptologists and the Department of Antiquities.

The thing is, I don't see her listed or written about in books by the scholars. This is in contrast to a woman of the same era who they did admire (Irene Curie, daughter of Pierre and Marie Curie). Is it possible that she got ignored because she was a woman? Well, yes.

I think more research needs to be done. I'd like to know who tells what tales -- are there documents that show she came up with these descriptions and so forth before anyone found (say) buried sites?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So you, the great debunker, are saying that Omm Seti is credible, at least, not completely off the level?

well its a question about religious beliefs and not orthodox history really isn't it
theres been quite a few studies done about this subject of reincarnation
the general consensus is that in genuine sounding cases the details are lacking but memories of certain individuals or places such as kings and buildings and the like are hard to forget
so she may have been an egyptian and she remembered those things most likely to remain past death
herself
the temple
the king
her imagination then filled in the details

of course in this type of case there is rarely any evidence to back it up which means there is nothing to debunk
so in the lack of any evidence it comes down to whether or not you believe it
and thats up to individual choice
I see no reason to piss on this ladies parade about something that made her happy

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Marduk,

I completely agree. I have no pre-conceived notions that I am trying to prove, therefore I take what she said at face value. What intrigued me the most was the fact that scholars who met her were very surprised by her.

Indell,

I don't know where you read the part of Seti visiting far away planets, but the book where I first learned of her described none of this. It is a very interesting account, and I definitely need to post the book's section on it, but I am very serious about intellectual property, and am not sure a simple citation would be sufficient enough to post an entire chapter.

This is the basic outline of the story (quite reasonable if one can reconcile reincarnation in their mind):

Woman from England falls down stairs at early age.

In days following fall child crys a lot, often screaming she wants to "go home". Parents tell her she is home, she doesn't think so.

Studies egyptology as a result of this belief, comes to marry egyptian man.

Marriage on the rocks, he leaves, she goes to Abydos, where she finally feels "at home"

Then she proceeds to tell archeologists about the temple Gardens and where they are, they dig, and find the garden in exact spot.

The most fantastic part is when she tells close friend that she and Seti were/are lovers. No space ships or trips to other planets. Just star crossed lovers over multiple lives (supposedly).

The book had one line where she had another prediction that they said wasn't tested yet. From her past correct predictions, I believed it was worth checking out her last one.

From what Marduk is saying it seems they did uncover a chamber with records, but they were on the walls, not in books. It seems she is right in general, wrong in specifics, which to me is pretty incredible in itself.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think, to flesh out your story a bit more, she also worked for the bureau of antiquities in Egypt and had some other archaeological connections. That makes her "recovered memories" possibly something that was influenced by her intense study and immersion in the work that the archaeologists were doing.

It would be much different if she came up with all this as a young child while still in England and before going anywhere.

A very good question though. I'll try to read up on it a bit more. I'm always skeptical of reincarnation stories (because so many of them aren't true.) A good test would be if the stories matched what was known at that time and if the material does NOT match what was found after her death.

Anyway, I'm going hunting Omm Seti, too! Thanks for bringing us an interesting mystery to investigate!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thanks for input guys and gals, just somebody tryin to learn as much as i can. I read this chapter and immediately said "ATS has gotta have this covered top to bottom".

I don't know if I am happy that I am not repeating the same old stuff, or sad cause you guys can't tell me something insane or fantastic about it.

Byrd,

I would have thought the same thing you did when I first began to analyze her. Omm Seti's extensive study of egypt would be a sure "conflict of interest".

I am never one to rely on one source, but everything else I find is a tad bit... sensational. Therefore I must quote Ancient Mysteries again, the only source I have (this is right after the fall as a child mind you):

After the fall Dorothy(Omm) began to have a recurring dream of a large building with columns and a garden with trees, fruits and flowers. She also entered a depressive stage, frequently bursting into tears for no apparent reason and explaining to her parents that she wanted to go home. Reassured that she was at home, she denied it, but could not say where she believed her real home was. (James & Thorpe, 584)

It goes on to vaguely speak of a "fateful" visit to the British Museum where she first finds her home, egypt. It also describes her as being mesmorized months later by a picture of the rosetta stone, claiming she knew the language it was written in, but had merely forgotten it. (wish one of you could have quizzed her :lol

Most importantly,

at 7 Omm Seti herself is being quoted as saying this after seeing a photo of the Temple of Seti the First at Abydos:

This is my home! This is where I used to live!" But why is it all broken?And where is the garden?

She then goes on to become an Egyptologist, for pretty obvious motives, but still, something very real to her at a young age obviously drove this passion.

I'll post what I have about her relationship to Seti later, but I do want to ask you all:

would a priestess or priestess in training have lived in the temple? I would presume there were quarters on the compound, but I am not sure how the egyptians treated their holy sites in that regard.

phila

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
As I understand it she remained an amateur Egyptologist and didn't obtain any degrees.

Did she ever claim to be able to read and speak Ancient Egyptian? That fact would have been easy to check on.

Hmmmm, where did they live. You might want to ask that question at the Hall of Ma'at as there are no Egyptogists that post here, as far as we known.

Hall of Ma'at - Egyptian forum

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
As I understand it she remained an amateur Egyptologist and didn't obtain any degrees.

Did she ever claim to be able to read and speak Ancient Egyptian? That fact would have been easy to check on.

Hmmmm, where did they live. You might want to ask that question at the Hall of Ma'at as there are no Egyptogists that post here, as far as we known.

Hall of Ma'at - Egyptian forum

I believe that she could to some extent (that's my speculation). Even the armchair hobbyists at Hall of Ma'at know how to pick out details in an inscription, and she was an enthusiast from an early age and a familiar figure to many of them. She undoubtedly could read the cartouches of Ramesses and certain others and may have been familiar with some of the forms such as the year indicators and the titles for the wab priests and so forth.

I can pick them out, and I'm a real dilettante. I suspect she could do better.

And she lived in Egypt for much of her life.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Who over there would be the best person to ask?

top topics

join