It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think Atlantis is or was?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLT1985
You hear a lot about Atlantis, but I never hear too much about MU, which is older than Atlantis.
This is because Mu has not been sensationalized and exploited by the media.

As you might have noticed.. there are some people who are aware of MU aka Lemuria or so it is said. There are some that think that Lemuria/MU are actually other names for atlantis as told by peoples in different areas of the world.

I however do not believe this to be the case.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by CLT1985
You hear a lot about Atlantis, but I never hear too much about MU, which is older than Atlantis.
This is because Mu has not been sensationalized and exploited by the media.

nope its because Mu is a very recent invention

The idea of Mu first appeared in the works of the antiquarian Augustus Le Plongeon (1825–1908), a 19th century traveler and writer who conducted his own investigations of the Maya ruins in Yucatán. He announced that he had translated the ancient Mayan writings, which supposedly showed that the Maya of Yucatán were older than the later civilizations of Atlantis and Egypt, and additionally told the story of an even older continent of Mu, which had foundered in a similar fashion to Atlantis, with the survivors founding the Maya civilization. Le Plongeon actually got the name "Mu" from the mistranslation of what was then called the Troano manuscript by Charles Étienne Brasseur de Bourbourg in 1864, using the de Landa alphabet. This translation obviously includes a number in the original and this can be told because the figures are place-values in base-20 (used by the Mayans) including 64,000,000 and 8,000, and in sequence. The translation recognizes some of the values but translates others as words and hence creating one long sentence. Mu was taken to mean Atlantis, which is what Le Plongeon thought;

as it turns out he got it wrong anyway, there is no such place as Mu in any Maya Legend. he simply translated it all incorrectly
en.wikipedia.org...

Mu is not Lemuria either

Though the living modern lemurs are only found in Madagascar and several surrounding islands, the biogeography of extinct lemurs extending from Pakistan to Malaysia inspired the name Lemuria, which was coined in 1864 by the geologist Philip Sclater in an article "The Mammals of Madagascar" in The Quarterly Journal of Science. Puzzled by the presence of fossil lemurs in both Madagascar and India, but not in Africa nor the Middle East, Sclater proposed that Madagascar and India had once been part of a larger continent, which he named "Lemuria" for its lemurs.

en.wikipedia.org...
shortly after this someone came up with the idea of continental drift and plate tectonics
and Philip Sclater had egg on his face

i find it very surprising that these days that this information is readily available at the touch of a button certain people happily go round smearing egg on their face and pretending not to know this

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I dont' understand how Timaeus's speculation on the nature of the physical world. With the whole earth, wind, fire, water, and the Golden Ratio have any thing to do with the possibilty that Mars was once alive.

Plato was a brillian man who theorized about things, a lot of his work involved matching the dots on specualtion.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
I dont' understand how Timaeus's speculation on the nature of the physical world. With the whole earth, wind, fire, water, and the Golden Ratio have any thing to do with the possibilty that Mars was once alive.

Its becouse there are not evidence, proofs, directions... or whatever suits most, that Kritias is refering at Mars. Mars (Aries in Greek) isn't mentioned at the remaining of Plato's work...

that's what Marduk is trying to say

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Plato was a brillian man who theorized about things, a lot of his work involved matching the dots on specualtion.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Royal76]

I think he saw the future, not the past.
This is what he saw

The Atlantis he saw is actually in U.A.E. Arab moeslem country.
Even English man David Beckham would like to join and bought a property there.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by CinLung]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well if thats the case I would advise him not to buy
after all if what you're saying is true the whole place is about to disappear into the sea in a day and a night

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
Well if thats the case I would advise him not to buy
after all if what you're saying is true the whole place is about to disappear into the sea in a day and a night

It is Allah's will to create Atlantis in Arab moeslems country, actually it was 3 Atlantis there. Allah will protect it or at least don't make it disappear in a day and night, not until the world see it as the greatest city in the world.

If it happened then we all can sue English engineers
, we paid them good you know?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
you can't sue for an act of God
as you claim there is no God but Allah then you think a moslem country is going to attempt that
have you been sniffing glue again Cinlung ?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Only rich people like the Beckhams can afford to live in Atlantis. I had a friend of mine (US Sailor) visit Dubai, he a few guys went to the man made islands. Pretty sweet he said.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Only rich people like the Beckhams can afford to live in Atlantis. I had a friend of mine (US Sailor) visit Dubai, he a few guys went to the man made islands. Pretty sweet he said.

Yes, it is consider rich for English men, but it is for middle-class in Arab moeslems country.

Anyway, Plato foresee Atlantis, and people thought Atlantis was in the past and lost somewhere. Certainly Atlantis city is man-made, all cities are man-made.
And if this real Atlantis ever lost one day beside Act of God, we gonna sue English engineers.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Queen of England is considered Middle class to the Muslim's who have gorged on the bones of dinosaurs made oil.

The question is will we ever know, where, or who, what Atlantis really was, or is?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung

Yes, it is consider rich for English men, but it is for middle-class in Arab moeslems country.

That seems unlikely:

To be sure, the Arab world has stagnated. Per capita income in Arab countries grew at an annual rate of just 0.5% during the last quarter century - less than half the global average. Despite being blessed with massive quantities of "black gold," Arabs have seen their average standard of living decline relative to the rest of the world. The combined GDP of all Arab countries ($531.2 billion) is today less than that of Spain (a country that Arabs once ruled).[1]

Source: www.meib.org...

That article actually underplays it quite a bit, as Spain's economy is actually nearly twice as large as all the Arab states combined.

we gonna sue English engineers.

I didn't know we had any left.

[edit on 4/5/07 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think atlantis was originally in the Arctic. At that time the area wouldn't have been covered in ice. It would have been more of a temporate zone, like British Columbia. During a time when the Earth's continents were one large doughnut with and ocean in the middle. This also explains why the pyramid design has become a constant throughout the recent continents ( mexico, guatemala, Belize, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia etc.). The alien race of the Nordics, whom inhabit such areas as Finlan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the list goes on, is another piece of evidence of the Atlantian race. They now are not pure, but they do still hold the blood line.

This can also bring another theory to light that the pyramid was created in one area. Then inhabitants of the area took this knowledge and brought it to other parts of their once one circular continent. You can also relate such a mass movment too more then one religion. Which I think is the main cause of these agreements/disagreements on Earth then and now. Don't worry the Geminids wont be here until 2012, so we got half a dozen years yet.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
During a time when the Earth's continents were one large doughnut with and ocean in the middle.

Do you have any evidence or links to this, i havent heard it before.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I heard that before

I remember reading a book that was fiction. It had the main character accidentally after finding the underwater atlantis,(that was under ice) pushing a button that started a new age of man. The poles shifted. The ice melted. Africa was a pole or something and turned into a big sheet of ice killing billions, etc.

I've also heard some theorist that said that they thought that was where it was. They had some proof, but I can't remember it. Just like all theories. They aren't fact until proven so.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is where I think Atlantis may have been located:

From this website:
www.lost-civilizations.net...

Notice the almost totally encircled China Sea, and the smaller inland sea on the opposite side of the "continent." It may have been destroyed by a supervolcano eruption, similar but larger than Krakatoa.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
the website you linked to refers to Lemurian Atlantis ?
is this the same as Platos Atlantis or more like Disneys Atlantis ?
do I need a fevered imagination to differentiate them ?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
While the map look neat, this happened all over the entire world

Atlantis, if a real country/city, could be represented by something alot smaller. ALOT smaller. In particular if we are talking about a city state. Even an AMAZING city 10x the size of ancient Athens is such a tiny piece you couldnt find it on a map. Spotting "Atlantis" on a zoomed out map of half a continent is wishfull thinking.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What it could be

There is a lot of specualtion about a pole shift coming soon. Some say its on the December 21, 2012 end of the Mayan calendar. Maybe Atlantis was destroyed by a pole shift. There are suppost to be massive earthquakes, and enormous tsunami's during such an event.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think that atlantis is is by the bermuda triangle. Think about it. Why is the bermuda so mysteriouse. What the secret behind it. Wasn't atlantis an island.It was an island build inside what was once a continent. Atlantis ruled many other continent. Parts of Europe, Africa, The Caribbean .They say .They where a powerful nation. Atlantis was an advanced nations. It had streets of lime stone. Rivers were full of crystals, ruby, the most erotic rocks that are now consider jewelry, and they're are more better than ours. Great pillars around the palace with marble side walk, and the pillars and palaces too. Great huge statues. Im just using my imagination here. but some where out there in the deep lies the city waiting for its return. And i believe what Mr. Edgar Cayce said. Atlantis will return soon. and the earth is showing. we're not paying attention. And when it returns.... alot of memories will return with its. Some will know who they really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join