It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think Atlantis is or was?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted by Dragonlike
and it doesn't mean i haven't flaws

I am well aware of that
I am interested to know where you are from for anthropology reasons
care to answer this one easy question ?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes, why not.
I am a proud european!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
that doesnt answer the question
where in europe
or are you afraid to state which country

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
that doesnt answer the question
where in europe
or are you afraid to state which country

If you were cleaver enough you would have checked my location

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
ah yes the famous Moslem country of Greece
just ask Cinlung

what do you think about Ellinais

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
ah yes the famous Moslem country of Greece
just ask Cinlung

what do you think about Ellinais

How far off topic you may be!!!
WRONG POST
WRONG FORUM
and still don't know that Greece is a country is in the middle of West world and the east worlds, subsequently affected by both... We like the way we are.
Most of the world accuse us for not been authentic Greek (better said Hellenes). No we are not. We have changed. Deal with it. You will not find Socrates speaking below Acropolis. You will find muslims selling their stocks, so what.

OOOff, better to stop our ethnical differences and envisage a better united world. If I recall well the words of Anthony Gibbens... mmm...yes they were: ''chauvinism is about to be followed by globalism as feudalism was followed by chauvinism, as traditional empires were followed by feudalism and as nomads were followed by traditional empires...''

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My grandfather visited Greece it was communist. Maybe you guys should learn how to vote for yourselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Greek history?

nope

Oh, yeah... where's Atlantis at!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Original by R. Cedric Leonard
1) Egyptian tradition begins with the "reign of the gods"
2) In all there were ten of these so-called "god-kings"
3) They were said to have reigned in a foreign country
4) From all appearances they were called "Atlanteans"

This last statement will be challanged by scholars, so let's take a closer look at the Egyptian king-lists. One noticable fact is that Manetho (250 B.C.) calls the first series of kings who ruled during the "reign of the gods," Auriteans. This seems to be nothing more than a corruption of the word "Atlantean". Let me explain.

rest:
www.atlantisquest.com...

This is a nice article on a posibility that there were writings about Atlantis before Plato. It's just that they are under a different name.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I still think the Altiplano in Bolivia is the best candidate...as the capital city of Atlantis, with Atlantis the continent being South America.

My supposition is that the city, not the continent, sank, and this was lost in the tale between Solon and Plato.

It's beyond the pillars of Hercules. It's got the alternating bands of land and sea, it has the canal to the ocean, it has the exact size mentioned, has the red, white, and black stones, and even a local legend about a city sinking there. It's also midway along the continent's longest side, just as Plato said it'd be. The location fits to a "T"....

Thing to remember is that Plato said his tale was TRUE, not a fable, three times in the dialogues. Also, he said to forgive him for ascribing Helenic (Greek) names to their gods, etc., therefore, his descriptions of culture are decidedly Greek to connect to his Greek audience, and should not be taken to exact detail. What is more accurate, are the details regarding the size, the rectangular plain, etc.

There's evidence of Egypt/South American trade, in that South American crops can be found in mummies, and old statues (predating Columbus or other arrivals) can be found in South America of decidedly African creatures and peoples.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
thats rubbish quite frankly
you're choosing which parts of the story to believe and which ones not to
if Plato was writing about another continent he would have said so
he didn't
if Plato meant that just the city had sunk he would have said so
he didn't
if Plato meant that the people of Atlantis were South american indians he would have said so
he didnt
i could go on like this for weeks but you get the point
Socrates at one point does actually say that the story is fictional
at least thats what Plato says and you'd think wouldn't you that if this really was a story that Plato learned from Socrates the old boy might have actually mentioned that eh knew of it at some point before he drank the hemlock

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Many of the ancient legends bear striking similarity to current places.

Likewise, has no-one else noticed this amazing fact, that the Great Pyramid's accuracy of construction is to the level of today's instrumentation, BUT NO BETTER... Likewise, they say that the Pyramids could not have been built by man, this is nonsense. It could easily be built by a contruction team with military grade copters, caterpillar bulldozers, and all designed on a state-of-the-art MAC G5.

The University of Connecticut has already devised a primative time machine and one could easily be built.

Maybe, facing extinction in the near future, a handful escaped certain death to the only place that they could flee to, the Earth in the past... and maybe the Pyramids are not a message to mankind but to JUST ONE MAN, to tell him in this century that it is safe to use his time machine and that if he does not, he's surely dead.

And so these palces?

ATLANTIS = USA

HYPERBOREA = CANADA

LEMURIA = ??? European Union ??? CHINA ??? AFRICA ???

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodyelse
Many of the ancient legends bear striking similarity to current places.

Maybe, facing extinction in the near future, a handful escaped certain death to the only place that they could flee to, the Earth in the past... and maybe the Pyramids are not a message to mankind but to JUST ONE MAN, to tell him in this century that it is safe to use his time machine and that if he does not, he's surely dead.

ericrogers.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i don't propose where Atlantis was,
i only bring to your attention that the Geographic channel on cable,
put out a thought that Homers 'Troy'
and Plato's 'Atlantis' have some similar attributes,

and minus the mythic embellishments may be describing the same city-state...
.and the rest of Asia minor being stylized in a way to make the 'continent' of Atlantis.

i'm not yet sold on this idea, and i'm not a pit-bull type of researcher,

but i'll keep this Troy=Atlantis connection in my mind....
thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wasn't Troy destroyed by the Greeks? Atlantis was destroyed by a major cataclyism, not another country.

Hey Gazrok off topic, I heard your favorite cavemen is going primetime. ABC is developing a sitcom based on the caveman in the present

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Wasn't Troy destroyed by the Greeks? Atlantis was destroyed by a major cataclyism, not another country.

The Atlantean army was defeated by the Greeks though

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've seen nothing about the Atlantian army lossing to the Greeks?

Weren't they supposed to be to advanced for any army to oppose?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
have you actually read Timaeus or Critias Royal76
you know
the only two dialogues written about Atlantis by Plato
in other words the only two credible pieces of information available in the world on Atlantis
its called Platos Atlantis for a reason you know

when you do get around to reading them I'm sure you'll be able to figure out where Essan got that from

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think that the Arctic holds the key.

Ancient civilizations and technology probably was in the arctic.

Noahs Ark - arc•tic
(note the new project in Norway that is a genetic bank incase of world disaster...)

The ark was in the arctic and carried dna/genetics to repopluate the earth.

The 'watchers'/'scientist' used this to repopulate the earth.

Scientist world wide now 'own' Antartica - for all intents and purposes.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
luckily for us what you think isn't reality or the world will be in a terrible mess
if you'd read the stories written by Plato you might have noticed a total absence of Ice in his very detailed description of the place
he also makes no mention of anyone walking round in a fur coat moaning about the cold

he does mention hot and cold springs and a very fertile soil

Critias by Plato
He himself, being a god, found no difficulty in making special arrangements for the centre island, bringing up two springs of water from beneath the earth, one of warm water and the other of cold, and making every variety of food to spring up abundantly from the soil

yup
sounds just like an arctic environment eh

The ark was in the arctic and carried dna/genetics to repopluate the earth.

so why do all the original texts that discuss it say it was in the middle east
and why are all the places referenced in them also in the middle east
and once again
it was an ark made of reeds in the earliest versions
reed ships don't work too well as ice breakers

you may be surprised to hear this Dalen but the Inuit don't at any time claim to even know what an Ark was

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Marduk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join