Well, as an avid video game player, I will stand in the industry's defense. I play SOCOM: US Navy SEALs as many know, if you have seen a couple of my
threads on BTS
, and it does involve some to alot of violence. Some of the members in my family play it, but there is no effect. I have seen this
effect though, on some people. Here is what it comes down to:
1) Can increase eye/hand coordination
2) Can increase vision (seeing things from afar)
3) Can improve skills with hands
4) Can STOP violent sprees, because you are sometimes releasing stress in these games.
These are somethings that they can help with, if played in a respective amount of time of course.
1) May lead to violence issues in certain people
2) May lead to loss of eye sight if over done
These are probably the biggest argued cases for the
down sides of video games. In the end, I suppose, it all comes down to human choice, like many things in life. You have the power to create it or stop
it, so don't blame others for your problems. Responsibility.
[Edited on 15-12-2003 by WeBDeviL]