It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Admins deny freedom of expression!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Lol, he thinks the mods and admins are bad.
I would've banned the whining wanker already ...

lol - originality is not your strong point huh.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm surprised you haven't had some action taken against you actually, I see your other thread was locked, and I'm surprised this one wasn't ages ago.

Like has been said, if you don't follow the terms and conditions, something will happen. And as ATS is for the serious discussion, a joke picture gets removed unsurprisingly. Trust me, there was a worse case of a fake picture which resulted in a person getting banned a couple of months ago.

At least you haven't used certain terms to describe the admin, that would have got you banned by now.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
phanton, did you miss Crakeur's post earlier? There was a decent point made in it:

Originally by Crakeur
you posted it in a thread started by Springer (of all people), knowing that Springer or S.O., in another thread on the same topic requested that people stop posting their own mock up ufo/water drop photos

They didn't say you couldn't post these pictures, they just requested that it not be done in the threads involving the Ohare UFO.

And you do have lots of freedom here, in one way at least--you're definitely free to leave at any time; there's nothing keeping you here.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
wwoooo omg some mod took down my pic that i faked boo-f'ing-hoo

Shut the hell up man who do you think you are?
1-Mods have the right to take down whatever they want
2-They had a right to take down that idiotic picture
3-What idiot would post a fake picture anyways??

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Strike Up The Banned

The grand irony is that we actually try quite hard not to be trigger-happy.

Okay, phanton disagrees with a moderator decision. We get that a lot.

And yes, now and then a member feels outraged over such a disagreement and decides to go off on us. We get that a lot, too.

Personally, I think it's good to vent now and then, and I'm kind of hoping we can do that here without things getting too nasty.

But really, honestly and truly, I think the characterization of us as "trigger-happy" is unfair and not supported by the facts.

Yes, we do click buttons in the course of our duties and yes there will be disagreement.

We understand that and try to strike a reasonable balance between what individual members want and what the community as a whole needs to remain healthy.

We do make mistakes, and when that happens, we do ask that members point them out by using a Complaint. That does not guarantee a reversal, but it does guarantee that multiple staff members will review a decision.

We're not perfect, but we do our best.

Is all I'm sayin'.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated

1-Mods have the right to take down whatever they want

Not to be a turd man but that's not the case. We are held to the T&C the same as everyone else.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wish you could have just been banned right from the start.
You have wasted the time of the members and the moderators here.

I find the title of this thread and the content of your posts to be way out of bounds.

ATS means something to me. It stands for fairness, freedom to theorize and discuss, hope for real truth, and high ideals and standards. ATS is the only discussion board I belong to because it is the only one with high enough standards for me - and high enough standards for what it strives to accomplish.

If it does not suit you, then why not leave? If you cannot find your way out, just keep pushing and I am sure that our capable moderators will soon end your abuse of this site once and for all.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Now that we've all vented, it's time this thread is put to rest.

Mod's we'll have Relaxation and Anger Outlet Therapy at 9pm as usual.
Bring your Nerf guns

Members carry on, there's still ufo's, government policy, bird flu, global warming and many more topics currently available for discussion.

Thread Closed, anyone still interested in pursuing this, please use the complaint feature found in your Member Center area.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join