It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ATS Admins deny freedom of expression!

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ATS Moderators censor posts!

With excuses that amount to nothing more than cheap hacks. I created a 'fake' UFO picture to highlight how funny this whole thing is, with text clearly embedded in the image that depicts it as a fake and they removed it!

I know you probably wont care, but I do!




posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by phanton
ATS Moderators censor posts!

With excuses that amount to nothing more than cheap hacks. I created a 'fake' UFO picture to highlight how funny this whole thing is, with text clearly embedded in the image that depicts it as a fake and they removed it!

I know you probably wont care, but I do!


EGADS!

You mean you knowingly posted materials you know to be a hoax?

The only problem I have with it is that you werent banned before you could make THIS thread.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you want to post artistic renderings of UFO's, eg, fakes, do it on BTS, thats what its there for.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
or you could put it here


www.abovetopsecret.com...


Originally posted by TheBandit795
Let's post photo's of anything, a tree, a house, a car, a person. That we know are real, so personal photo's can also work. And try to debunk them as being photochopped. Critically analyze the photo's like you've analyzed alien, ufo or ghost photo's before (like the alledged chilean alien midget photo posted recently).

This should be very interesting...



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phanton
ATS Moderators censor posts!

With excuses that amount to nothing more than cheap hacks. I created a 'fake' UFO picture to highlight how funny this whole thing is, with text clearly embedded in the image that depicts it as a fake and they removed it!

I know you probably wont care, but I do!


Let's see, you violated #1 of the T&C:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All that happened was that your pic was removed. You probably should have been warned.

I also noted that you have an internet address in your avatar. A site that competes with ATS no doubt. Here for a little smear campaign?



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Nope, no smear campaign, I posted a picture that was an artistic rendering of the O'Hare UFO, to prove that it can be done easily. This image contained embedded text and was clearly not to be taken seriously, this was very apparent!

I have taken my other site down for maintenance, and I do like ATS allot, well I used too, because they allowed freedom of expression to the full extent. But then they chopped up my post for no good reason!



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phanton

Freedom of expression means that - FREEDOM!



An interesting statement from someone from the UK, this usually comes up from American members that think the US constitution applies here, it doesn't. Check it out:

ATS and Censorship

You want to play by YOUR rules? Get YOUR site up and running and play away. Here we run things by the T&C.


Edn

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Lets get one thing very clear here.

You have NO freedom on the internet.

The internet isnt a democracy. This site is run by a number of admins and while you are here you will follow the rules as they have laid out its a simple as that. Just as when you connect to my server you will follow the rules I lay down. If you want freedom get you own server and you will be your own master in your own little corner of the net, unfortunately you will still have to follow the rules your server provider lays out, so you see there simply isnt such a thing as freedom on the net, everyone has rules to follow.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
while I do agree that your photo, complete with a bubble showing a ufo talking to another ufo, was clearly a joke, you posted it in a thread started by Springer (of all people), knowing that Springer or S.O., in another thread on the same topic requested that people stop posting their own mock up ufo/water drop photos. They did this for the very purpose of avoiding confusion or chasing away potential "real" photos of the Ohare UFO.

They didn't say you couldn't post these pictures, they just requested that it not be done in the threads involving the Ohare UFO. You knew this and let it be known that you disagreed with this in the larger Ohare thread. Then you went and posted your picture in the second thread. Again, I agree that there was no way your picture would be confused with anything real, what you were doing was, basically, thumbing your nose at Springer et al by blatantly disregarding their request.

That would probably be the reason for the removal of the picture. Not that it was an issue of knowingly posting a hoax photo and it has nothing to do with censorship.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
An interesting statement from someone from the UK, this usually comes up from American members that think the US constitution applies here, it doesn't.

Chop, chop, chop away! I honestly thought you guys were better than that.


Originally posted by intrepid
Check it out:
ATS and Censorship

Point taken, you reserve the right, and I respect that it's not my site.


Originally posted by intrepid
You want to play by YOUR rules? Get YOUR site up and running and play away. Here we run things by the T&C.

I play by the rules of truth. If that offends your agenda then I will refrain from posting anymore info and you can remove all my posts. Good day.

And may the truth bite you on your ass!



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
The only problem I have with it is that you werent banned before you could make THIS thread.


I would expect nothing less!



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phanton
I play by the rules of truth. If that offends your agenda then I will refrain from posting anymore info and you can remove all my posts. Good day.



I'm confused...what does your faked photo have to do with the truth?



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm confused...what does your faked photo have to do with the truth?


That the photo's ATS ware hosting were, in all probability, fake! That they are being played and they know it. That's what the truth is.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by phanton]



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
And Now A Word From Our Sponsors...

Ah yes, the old "free speach" chestnut (that particular spelling seems to be popular the hundreds of other times this has come up over the years).

It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious some people can be to what ATS actually is: a privately-owned discussion board.

It's particularly ironic that so many people who insist ATS is run by The Government bristle at the idea that no, we aren't, and we don't owe anyone a platform for spouting whatever drivel they feel like spouting that day.


We don't ask much: just read the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use and honor them. Other than that, go nuts, believe what you want.

But if your game is to come here and give the owners grief for running the site the way they choose, you're wasting your time and impressing no one.

And yes, I just nuked your avatar for violating the T&C. ATS is not an advertising service for pimping your board, and you don't have permission to do that here. :shk:

For more on that, see this.





Edit: As for your charge that the ownership is trying to promote fake photos, I know otherwise: they're promoting discussion of the issue and encouraging members to make up their own minds.

For example: Here's my opinion, if you care to read it.


[edit on 1/26/2007 by Majic]



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
And Now A Word From Our Sponsors...
Ah yes, the old "free speach" chestnut (that particular spelling seems to be popular the hundreds of other times this has come up over the years).

Ahh, a recurring theme I see.


Originally posted by Majic
It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious some people can be to what ATS actually is: a privately-owned discussion board.

It's particularly ironic that so many people who insist ATS is run by The Government bristle at the idea that no, we aren't, and we don't owe anyone a platform for spouting whatever drivel they feel like spouting that day.


I respect your right to silence me, it is your freedom!


Originally posted by Majic
We don't ask much: just read the conditions

Fair enough.


Originally posted by Majic
But if your game is to come here and give the owners grief for running the site the way they choose, you're wasting your time and impressing no one.

Your playing games too, difference is your allowed to.


Originally posted by Majic
And yes, I just nuked your avatar for violating the T&C. ATS is not an advertising service for pimping your board, and you don't have permission to do that here. :shk:

Point taken, but all you had to do was ask and I would have changed it, but I see the trigger happy finger prevails.


Originally posted by Majic
Edit: As for your charge that the ownership is trying to promote fake photos, I know otherwise: they're promoting discussion of the issue and encouraging members to make up their own minds.

By chopping up my post you’re assuming my post will not allow people to 'make up their own mind', but you’re making it up for them by removing my post.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phanton
Ahh, a recurring theme I see.


Maybe there is a reason this theme is recurring?



I respect your right to silence me, it is your freedom!


Correct, it is Majic's right and duty to silence people that create interuptions to the flow of information on a site dedicated to allowing the flow of information.


Fair enough.

Apparently not.


Your playing games too, difference is your allowed to.

He is. The game is called, "This is ATS," not "your playground."


Point taken, but all you had to do was ask and I would have changed it, but I see the trigger happy finger prevails.




By chopping up my post you’re assuming my post will not allow people to 'make up their own mind', but you’re making it up for them by removing my post.


I've had plenty of threads closed, some even at my request, and I know many others have. Yet I find few threads ever started to call the admin of this site out, and tell them they are violating freedom of speech on a privately-owned web based forum.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The Happy Finger


Originally posted by phanton
Point taken, but all you had to do was ask and I would have changed it, but I see the trigger happy finger prevails.

Indeed, it seems some members are willing to point fingers without knowing what they're pointing at.

Meanwhile, either you also require members of your own board to honor your terms of service or you're being a hypocrite by complaining about us enforcing ours.

Either way, it doesn't look good from where I sit.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Schtuff happens, and sometimes, people make mistakes.

But this does NOT seem to be one of those cases where a real problem can be identified and corrected.

Personally, I resent being sucked in and distracted by pointless blather about imaginary issues.

Life is too short, time is too valuable





posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just here to attempt to smear ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would someone have had the same latitude on your site?

If you don't mind, would you please keep your propaganda to one thread? That would be this one.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lol, he thinks the mods and admins are bad.
I would've banned the whining wanker already ...



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join