It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. miltary confirms that 4 American troops were captured and executed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We are at war Deltaboy, remember, war.

In wars people die, Woman, men, children, Siites, Sunnis, Iraqis, terrorist, insurgents and American soldiers.

It all depends which side we feel the lost the most.

Oh! My! My! how your tune changes when its americans dying as opposed to Iraqis.... hmmmm....

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Oh! My! My! how your tune changes when its americans dying as opposed to Iraqis.... hmmmm....

You are so right XphilesPhan, she and the others are like "such outrage that American troops should do this, they should be put on trial" and the next thing you hear about this they say "its just war, get use to it"

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

such outrage that American troops should do this, they should be put on trial" and the next thing you hear about this they say "its just war, get use to it"

Soo sad that you can not debate your own thread in a neutral zone. It shows that only certain responses and views are only wanted.

deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
How about outrage when any of your countrymen are treated like this. I don't care if they're military or civilian. I don't want to see any Americans treated like that, and it pisses me off when they are.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
I don't want to see any Americans treated like that, and it pisses me off when they are.

You are right, but like I said before this is war and in war things like this happen and doesn't matter if they are troops or else, people die.

Been outraged, sad or angry doesn't bring any casualty of war back, we just have to deal with the loses because we are in Iraq fighting.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
We are foreign invaders/occupiers.
We have killed their government, destroyed there infrastructure and bombed their homes. We rape there women, murder their citizens then tell the world THEY are the enemy.
You really expect them to feed us, shelter us and look after us if they get a hold of us?
For crying out loud, you dont break the law in such a ruthless/haneous way, expecting the victim to treat you with respect..
When you cry foul play, it just makes you look worse.

Our soldiers are such beasts arent they?
The picture below is of a mourning US soldier who is holding a lifeless body of young iraqi girl who was killed by a suicide bomber.

This picture is of a young Iraqi girl who lost her family to insurgents who gunned them down. This little girl was shot in the head by insurgents and left for dead.

"But it wouldnt have happened if the US wasnt there." That'll be what you say. As will the rest of you tree hugging lovin hippies!

Let me be the one to point out that it wasn't a US soldier who did the above atrocities. Place the blame where it deserves to be placed. Which lyes squarely on the shoulders of the ppl who are sick enough to carry out these atrocities!!

Your problem is you take very small horrific incidents and extrapolate them out to be nothing but common play among US military personnel. Something I don't much appreciate. Look at the pictures above. Disagree with the war all you want. I myself dont believe bush had a valid reason for going over to Iraq in the beginning (WMD's). But I support our troops and the innocent Iraqis who are in this whole horrible mess. And I do think saddam was a horrible dictator who deserved nothing more then a dirt nap.

Those soldiers who raped and killed those innocent iraqis are locked away for the rest of there miserable lives. They will relive the day they committed those horrific atrocities for the next 90 years. Now, to me, that is more punishable then death itself.

Your one sided in your views. Ive read plenty of your post where this is very evident. And you dont dismiss it either. My advice to you would be to take a step back and look at the entire picture. Not just the more scrutinized one by the media. God knows if the towl heads had a reliable media outlet themselves, Just imagine all the horrific news we would be hearing about. And the very few times when the media does focus on the ruthless insurgents, and their horrific attacks, its taken at face value, or like nothing more then pure western propaganda to somehow validate the wars that are going on in Iraq and elsewhere.

RIP Soliders.
The crime done against you by your leaders means they should be the ones being executed not you.

Indeed, Rest in peace. Those soldiers were someones sons, Someones brother. Maybe some young kids father who never really got to know dad? Surely you dont think all of our young brave men and women serveing in our armed forces over in those hell holes are nothing more then ruthless rapist who have know respect for human life. do you? Think for yourself. Dont just let the media do it for you. Or just because something seems like the popular thing to do because everyone else is doing it/saying it. Dont let the horrific acts of a few ruin the image of 130,000 people who are putting their lives on the line every waking hour for these ppl, just so they will one day have the luxury of a stable government that grants these people the freedoms they so much deserve.

[edit on 113131p://1201pm by semperfoo]

[edit on 033131p://4201am by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

such outrage that American troops should do this, they should be put on trial" and the next thing you hear about this they say "its just war, get use to it"

Soo sad that you can not debate your own thread in a neutral zone. It shows that only certain responses and views are only wanted.

deny ignorance.

No offense marg but you have painted yourself in this color, not us. Your right up in there with the rest of the anti-american/I want to see some americans die crowd. How many times have you preached the "all the soldiers should be up for war crimes" line? yet when its the other way around, you sure change your tune. Thats my biggest complaint with the lefty type crowd besides the anti-american rhetoric, they can never be consistant on anything. You think my views are "barbaric" but at least Im not making myself a hypocrite.

you are right insofar as only certain views are wanted on this board, the anti-american ones.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You are right, but like I said before this is war and in war things like this happen and doesn't matter if they are troops or else, people die.

Just remember that the next time there is a slaughter of insurgents or collateral damage by coalition bombing and civilians are killed.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How are there rules of war? That seems ludacris to me, something that died out a long time ago. You shoot to kill, but of course, I'm from Texas, so thats my mentality.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I would say that regarding who was behind the reported capture and execution of the American soldiers we need to consider the following.

Kerbala is a holy city for Shia Muslims.

Shia Militias are based in and around there.

Shia Militias have either infiltrated, or make up, a significant part of the Iraqi Army and Police.

The Iraqi Army in particular, have access to Humvees and use them.

The US military on a trip to Kerbala would probably inform the Iraqi Army and Police to be brokers in what was going to be a meeting on the security arrangements for the Shia festival of Ashura.

The attackers had to have had good intelligence on the US soldier's movements.

I will say again: Shia Militias have either infiltrated, or make up, a significant part of the Iraqi Army and Police.

Kerbala is a Shia city.

My preliminary conclusions would be this was a Shia Militia hit, to tell US soldiers to stay away from Kerbala and other Shia areas and make the US military as insecure as possible in Iraq and wanting to watch their backs.

I watched a video a while ago, of US Soldiers fighting against insurgents alongside Iraqi soldiers.

During the battle, a grenade was thrown at the US Soldiers. The direction of the throw came from the Iraq soldiers. Nobody was hurt.

One of the US Soldiers chastised the Iraqi soldiers, and warned them if there was a repeat, there would be a serious problem.

The US Soldiers believed it was deliberate, from the way they reacted.

It showed the US Soldiers, as well as fighting insurgents openly, had to also watch their backs from their Iraqi soldier 'allies'

The insurgents who have infiltrated the Iraqi police and army and have, inadvertenly been trained by US and UK soldiers, are in the most powerful position to wage an effective insurgency at the moment.

As well as fighting the insurgents they don't like, they can also take on the US and UK soldiers like shadows behind their backs.

British soldiers down in Basra say that a large number of the Shia dominated Iraqi Police and army are not trustworthy.

British soldiers hate going into Basra city itself. It has 'trap' written all over it and the Iraqi police are increasingly 'unco-operative'.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Don't forget that Iraq is drawing in combatants from all over the muslim world. It's useless to speculate on who carried it out. I am a bit suprised that one of the known terrorist groups hasn't claimed it yet, maybe the Iranians are behind it.

The whole situation is a tangled mess, the U.S. has made mistake after mistake since the initial invasion, number one being disbanding the Iraqi army. However no U.S. soldiers deserve this. The small fraction of a percentage that are stupid or evil make the news. The vast majority just want to do some good over there, look out for each other, and make it home in one piece.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This has the feel of what happened in Ramadi when the USMC sniper team were killed on that hilltop. The following day a AAV7 hit a anti-tank mine killing 24 marines, it so happens they received a tip off to the whereabouts
of the insurgents who killed the Marine sniper team and were on their way to take them in.

The betrayal of the sniper teams position and the trap laid for the AAV7 by the insurgents was based upon information provided by an Iraqi army officer. This was over a year ago, it goes to show that US forces are in an exposed position in a situation that is getting worse.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That's a very sad story. Sounds like an organized assault - well funded and planned. America really has some serious enemies. It's an odd disconnect that the country that installed the murderous dictator Hussein was the one to judge him. Shades of Noriega and the razing of the Panama slums.

Those pictures of the soldiers doing the part of the job they like (with the kids) are really touching. Truth is every soldier whether American or Iraqi is a killer and a life-saver. That region of the world is family oriented and tribal and the murder of a family member demands reprisal. There's a cultural tradition of vengeance that will fuel the violence long after good government is installed.
It's unfortunate to see Americans drawn into that personal drama that excludes peaceful resolution. America went on the dream of democracy, it's blown up in our faces. The soldiers died doing a job. God bless us all with what we need - maybe a little justice.
Good time to be praying for enemies, if your Christian.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Just remember that the next time there is a slaughter of insurgents or collateral damage by coalition bombing and civilians are killed.

You are so gone to the right that you can not even assume or think what others feels about war, negatively and positively.

Death is death no matter what, death can be avoided when necessary.

Too bad that as now in Iraq with US invasion of that country, death is an ever day issue.

I feel very disappointed that you attack me, my spelling and what I stand for, because you want to support death, war and mayhem.

See what an unnecessary war has given to us and the people in that nation.

People die, soldiers die and we all are guilty for allowing the death to keep rising.

I have nothing else to say to you.
And I care less what you think of me and my views.

I am mother and any of those death soldiers could my son.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm

The attackers had to have had good intelligence on the US soldier's movements.

I will say again: Shia Militias have either infiltrated, or make up, a significant part of the Iraqi Army and Police.

Kerbala is a Shia city.

I agree with you post and I find it interesting you have seen what I think is one of the reasons the insurgency is getting very good at what they are doing.

US is training mostly the police and military and they are mostly Shiites but US can not tell who is who and which side they are on.

From the beginning when the comments about how the Iraqis join the police and military and then disappear and how the US soldiers were getting shot at at night, it was an indication that some of this Iraqis are only joining the police and military to get the training they need to fight better back against our troops.

But that is how they play their game and after all this Iraqis are in their nation that they better than anybody else foreign knows best.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

deny ignorance.

Ahhh, Marg they are quite correct. I hvae read many of your posts and you are far from neutral. I think hypocritical would be the word we'd use to describe your character.
Your kind of arrogance on these matters is quite inapropriate.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I have nothing else to say to you.
And I care less what you think of me and my views.

I am mother and any of those death soldiers could my son.

Hmm intersting comment. Obviously you don't think of them that way as you so callously brush their executions aside, yet bemoan the death of Iraqi's even when it is the insurgents killing them and not US soldiers.
I wonder if one of these soldiers was your son, that you would be so dismissive. I think not, therefore it is very evident that your above satement is false and misleading, you don't think of any of these soldiers as potentially your son.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Your kind of arrogance on these matters is quite inapropriate.

Well that is your opinion and you are very welcome to it, so have fun with it while having it as long as you do not border on insults.

Still I will stand for what I feel and that is what I am, don't like it? don't have to read my post at all.

So far I see nothing worthy from you contributing to the post but criticizing my character, actually . . . I feel like a star for getting all the attention

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just pointing out your hypocrisy Marg, that is all. Do I really need to say anything else ?

You contradict yourself even in the last few posts. Would you casually brush aside the death of your son if he were one of these soldiers ? You seem to say you do. You say that you consider every soldier who dies could be your son, yet you so casually dismiss their deaths.
You must be one cold mother.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by rogue1]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
Just pointing out your hypocrisy Marg, that is all. Do I really need to say anything else ?

You contradict yourself even in the last few posts.
[edit on 27-1-2007 by rogue1]

Exactly, I have tried to tell her this but what I say falls on deaf ears. I do tend to pick on margy but that is just becasue she is such an easy target
. It is certainly nothing personal, I just think her biasedness was pretty much exposed in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join