It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. miltary confirms that 4 American troops were captured and executed.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Four American soldiers were abducted during a sophisticated sneak attack last week in the Shiite holy city of Karbala, the U.S. military confirmed Friday. It said three were shot to death and a fourth was mortally wounded with a gunshot to the head when they were found in a neighboring province, far from the compound where they were captured.

Two of the four were handcuffed together in the back seat of an SUV near the southern Iraqi town of Mahawil. A third dead soldier was on the ground nearby. The fourth soldier died on the way to the hospital, the military said in a statement issued late Friday that confirmed details reported by The Associated Press earlier.

On Jan. 20, the day of the highly sophisticated raid on a security meeting in the Shiite holy city of Karbala, the military said five soldiers were killed repelling the attack.

www.cnn.com...

Iraqi officials said the approaching convoy of SUVs was waved through an Iraqi checkpoint at the edge of Karbala. The Iraqi soldiers assumed it was American because of the type of vehicles, the distinctive camouflage American uniforms and because the men spoke English. One Iraqi official said the leader of the assault team was blond, but no other official confirmed that.

A top Iraqi security official for Karbala province said the Iraqi guards at the checkpoint radioed ahead to their compatriots at the PJCC to alert them that the convoy was on its way.

Iraqi officials said the attackers' convoy divided upon arrival, with some vehicles parking at the back of the main building where the meeting was taking place, others parked in front.

Tsk tsk, told ya they wouldn't respect the soldiers even in uniform. They pretty much abandon all the rules altogether. So if the troops or Marines capture insurgents, better to execute them as well. This is their way of treating their prisoners.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
We are at war Deltaboy, remember, war.

In wars people die, Woman, men, children, Siites, Sunnis, Iraqis, terrorist, insurgents and American soldiers.

It all depends which side we feel the lost the most.

This is our war the one we created and guess what . . . our soldiers are dying, because they are at war.

The problem is . . . who is the insurgency, the woman or the children, the terrorist and just the bystander.

Yes shot to kill anything that moves.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes Marg, we are at war. Just seems to me that many people tends to be outrage when troops do something against the insurgents because of violating the rules of war, but nobody complains when American troops are executed by the insurgents, almost as if they expect the insurgents to do that because they have no rules imposed on them. Thats why the Geneva Convention talks about insurgents that wears no insignia or are dressed as spies. So lets hope that when insurgents are captured and executed by American forces and are caught on camera by CNN or NBC, don't complain or be outrage.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We are foreign invaders/occupiers.

We have killed their government, destroyed there infrastructure and bombed their homes.

We rape there women, murder their citizens then tell the world THEY are the enemy.

You really expect them to feed us, shelter us and look after us if they get a hold of us?

For crying out loud, you dont break the law in such a ruthless/haneous way, expecting the victim to treat you with respect..

When you cry foul play, it just makes you look worse.

RIP Soliders.
The crime done against you by your leaders means they should be the ones being executed not you.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its a war Deltaboy a war that we took into their country and our soldiers are targets.

Bush even say so that we the people should expect more targets in our side.

The same way that killing insurgency and the unwilling targets of this war caught in it. . . so our soldiers have to give their lives for been at war.

That is why wars are for for people to die.

But what it makes this deaths of our soldiers the more bitter to swallow is . . . that we didn't have to be in this situation after all and the soldiers could be now at home and with their families ready to defend their nation from a foreign invader and not been killed for been an invader.

This are the realities of life that as you get older you get to understand why many are against unnecessary wars that brings unnecessary deaths.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yea Yea Yea, ok I understand to them we are the enemy but to us they are the enemy!!!

So here is what he is trying to say. If Americans or English capture Insurgents and beat them, Question them in various ways, scare them with dogs, or kill them

The Public is outraged WHY did they kill that Insurgent, I have even edited videos of people trying to say American Troops killed Iraqi Citizen!!

In the editied video they showed it showed a man laying on the ground and then bullets striking him!

But in the original video he was holding a rocket launcher

To get back to the main topic, we hold everyone we capture prison and let some go. We even give them medical aid if wounder and saveable!

But if Insurgents capture American Troops, English and American Civilians and other Foreign Workers they are tortured and decapitated in direct violation of the rules of war~

But it your saying its ok to do that then I dont want to here any of you next time cry for the lives of Insurgents!

Maybe they should be taken out of the jails around the world after the questioning is finished. They should be tortured, Decapitated, Burned and drug around behind are tanks and trucks or hang them off bridges

oh because its ok for Insurgents to do it so we should too!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
and we should of left Hussein there so they could kill innocent Iraqi Civilians, Kurds etc.

Husseins, raped and personally murdered people!

and because of them it costs the lives of 100's of thousands of people!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
We are foreign invaders/occupiers.

We have killed their government, destroyed there infrastructure and bombed their homes.

We rape there women, murder their citizens then tell the world THEY are the enemy.

You really expect them to feed us, shelter us and look after us if they get a hold of us?

For crying out loud, you dont break the law in such a ruthless/haneous way, expecting the victim to treat you with respect..

When you cry foul play, it just makes you look worse.

RIP Soliders.
The crime done against you by your leaders means they should be the ones being executed not you.

There have been incidents where the things you mentioned are true- rape, torture, murder, but these are certainly not the standard operating procedure for 99.9% of the military, so you might want to be more careful with your wording. The way you put it makes it sound like these are daily occurences which is most certainly not true. We've gone to greater lengths to protect civilians than any other military in the history of warfare.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I do agree,

But in no other period in warfare, has a nation gone to such lengths to 'fabricate' a war, 'execute' an invasion and 'extend' and occupation resulting in such a large number of civilian deaths, and enormous amounts of suffering all based on the desire for $$$.

I do not believe the soliders deserve the death they are recieving, but the people in charge of this fiasco, deserve much WORSE than the insurgents will ever offer up.

And unfortunately, The world see's these leaders.... and makes there assumptions based on them.

Why do you think the world hates America so much at the moment?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My take on this is that the propaganda story of the 'executed' blackwater employees wasn't as effective when it became apparent that they were dead BEFORE they were executed, not to mention people are less disturbed by mercenaries dying.
So now we have this story here that has changed dramaticly since it was first reported a week ago.

For posts sake I will believe the most recent rendition.

This attack, IMO, was far too coordinated to have been Iraqis.
It appears well planned and executed and is on the level of an intelligence agency operation.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
My take on this is that the propaganda story of the 'executed' blackwater employees wasn't as effective when it became apparent that they were dead BEFORE they were executed, not to mention people are less disturbed by mercenaries dying.
So now we have this story here that has changed dramaticly since it was first reported a week ago.

For posts sake I will believe the most recent rendition.

This attack, IMO, was far too coordinated to have been Iraqis.
It appears well planned and executed and is on the level of an intelligence agency operation.

You are aware that some of the insurgents are former members of Iraqi Special Forces, Ba'ath Party, Intel services, etc.. They aren't all just Joe Sixpack with an AK. When you underestimate your foe, you start making mistakes that can cost you dearly. Don't discount the element of surprise either. Complacency gets you killed.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

You are aware that some of the insurgents are former members of Iraqi Special Forces, Ba'ath Party, Intel services, etc.. They aren't all just Joe Sixpack with an AK. When you underestimate your foe, you start making mistakes that can cost you dearly. Don't discount the element of surprise either. Complacency gets you killed.

Yep, remember Saddam's Fedayeen. Many were killed, but not enough to wipe them all out. I believe Saddam had about 30,000 to 40,000 of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

You are aware that some of the insurgents are former members of Iraqi Special Forces, Ba'ath Party, Intel services, etc..

I will have to agree with this, because the most special forces in Saddam elite Army received the best training available to them.

Yes it could be orchestrated by the Specials forces.

But also I think that they will consider themselves to be in the higher hierachy and are not just willing to go into the streets to do the deeds and show themselves to bring awareness of their forces.

I believe that they are more of an underground force now, monitoring only very specialized missions against the US and perhaps behind the targeting of Shiites also.

We have so many groups of insurgency in Iraq working at the same time all the time that is hard to see which are the professionals with the wannabe.

But I have no doubt that the elite groups of Saddam Special forces are still active that they perhaps went into exile after US took Saddam and they are now back.

We never found out if US took all of them into custody, Right?

We can not forget that this forces are also from the Sunnis.

Interesting.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Marg, many of the former Fedayeen fighters have been fighting since the invasion of Iraq. Don't think that this attack makes it look like they finally came back.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
20 thousand more troops now in and on their way to Iraq. Every strategy Bush has put forward has failed thus. We'll have to wait and see what happens this time around. I pray that it's successful. I'm ready to get our troops out of there. Because right now we are losing this war and nobody can spin it any other way.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Don't think that this attack makes it look like they finally came back.

No, no finaly came back but right after Saddam was taken, but I think and that is my opinion that they are the leaders behind certain attacks no all of them.

I also believe that they will not just mix with the regular Shiite militias unless is for targeting.

I think that they are keeping themselves united and away from the regular insurgent.

Because some of the actions of some of this insurgents are to good, planned and executed to be just the good luck of an insurgent wannabe.

I am wrong?

Let say that this people are like our own special forces, they will not bring into their ranks anybody but their own, unlss is for necessity.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I also believe that they will not just mix with the regular Shiite militias unless is for targeting.

Say what? Since when does Sunnis work with the Shiites who are going around and killing Sunnis indiscriminately?

I think that they are keeping themselves united and away from the regular insurgent.

Because some of the actions of some of this insurgents are to good, planned and executed to be just the good luck of an insurgent wannabe.

YOU know who they are? YOU know about their organization? YOU know their tactics and methods? YOU know their past successes?

I am wrong?

This is an opinion right? Not a fact?

Let say that this people are like our own special forces, they will not bring into their ranks anybody but their own, unlss is for necessity.

The tactics that these insurgents used for the past few years are pretty much similar to our own Special Operations forces because they do things unconventional as well. The only thing thats different is we have rules and they don't. We have units that deals with hostage rescuing where we kill the bad guys and save the hostages. These guys prefer to kill or hold people hostages as well as do beheadings and other things on camera.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well yeah I suppose there could be some remnents of Saddams forces running around, they could have WMD too.

According to Lt. Col. Scott Bleichwehl

"The precision of the attack, the equipment used and the possible use of explosives to destroy the military vehicles in the compound suggests that the attack was well rehearsed prior to execution."

Im thinking intelligence agency still.
I mean, who in Iraq can get their hands on American SUVs, FIVE of them, American uniforms, boots and radios, then have the intelligence to know exactly who was going to be abducted and where they were located in the compound.

The only question in my mind is what nation would benefit from such a covert intelligence operation.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It does sound like a “step-up”...wouldn’t be the first time....

It is despicable for soldiers die that way.....I’m always surprised at the responses that say we should do the same. Are not we suppose to be the morale ones, are we not suppose to be the ones to show mercy, are we not the ones who are suppose to set and show the example??? all we have done is show some of the worst sides of us....we have stooped to the level of the classical israel -v- muslim level...atrocity after atrocity because the other does it..so we will do the same. A war started by one person and his buddies on false grounds...and we are, a nation...a world standing in a pool of quicksand with only 2 course of action...stay and make it worse or leave and make it worse......how do we let it come to this.....why are we letting continue???

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Im thinking intelligence agency still.
I mean, who in Iraq can get their hands on American SUVs, FIVE of them, American uniforms, boots and radios, then have the intelligence to know exactly who was going to be abducted and where they were located in the compound.

The only question in my mind is what nation would benefit from such a covert intelligence operation.

You be surprise how much things made in the U.S. of A are in Iraq.
www.liveleak.com...

Heres a video of insurgents' VBIED being stopped and blown up. That vehicle look familiar?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join