It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Still Don't Know About The Cosmos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
TL

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by somedude

So what if we devolope new things for other generations? They will die to, forgetting everything. And what energy are you talking about?

Well if you are speaking of the extinction of the human race, then yes the development will eventually stop. Or on the other hand, that development could eventually lead us to an eternal state of being. I just find it hard to call life pointless while there is still so much for us to learn and understand, simply because the meaning of life isn't boringly obvious.

The energy i was speaking of is the energy in E=mc^2. Because consciousness isn't a form of matter, assuming it is energy wouldn't be totally absurd. Although, that was really just a last point and I can't really elaborate on what I was getting at without brushing up on the workings of the brain first.

Isn't consciousness just a bunch of brain cells? So the energy is emitted as heat.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Every thing is consciousness. Existence is consciousness, consciousness is Not only the brain, the brain is merely a receptor for re-membering the conscious Existence. An organ to give the animal that is the Human, awareness of its Existence; this process reveals that Existence is aware of Existence, thus all is conscious.

The Human is Not excluded from Existence, the Human is Existence, all is Existence. Energy is all, Eternal is Energy, Eternal is Existence

[edit on 27-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TL
The string theory has. 2 branes/muliverses collide to create a huge explosion. Watch this documentary to learn more about the string theory: www.pbs.org...

Great link that. Does anybody have any more links to good online physics documentaries about stuff like string theory, or maybe even braids? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
Every thing is consciousness. Existence is consciousness, consciousness is Not only the brain, the brain is merely a receptor for re-membering the conscious Existence. An organ to give the animal that is the Human, awareness of its Existence; this process reveals that Existence is aware of Existence, thus all is conscious.

The Human is Not excluded from Existence, the Human is Existence, all is Existence. Energy is all, Eternal is Energy, Eternal is Existence

[edit on 27-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

My thoughts exactly. Great post

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thank you.

What if your free will is destiny and your destiny is free will? Why must they Be fixed or separated? They are changeable, free will is the ability to change.

Humans set expectations on Existence, yet Existence sets No expectations on Humans... the reason they are separated in this scenerio is that Existence has no consistencies, No expectations, all things are and Must Be for the perfection of Existence to continue, Existence is Perfect, if Not it would cease to Exist. You will find Me repeating this often, but it is very important for Us to know.

Choice is free will, destiny is perception.

We will change the world, We are free to change Our own course, it is Not a prison sentence placed upon Us by some out side force, We chose to Be here and We chose this situation. We choose Our reality

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TL

A simulated reality may be programmed to prevent its inhabitants from discovering its nature. The creators of a simulation would probably add such defensive programming in order to protect their simulation from spoilage.

Assuming that discovery of the simulation is even possible, the inhabitant that does so might be subsequently memory-wiped, punished, killed, or removed from the simulation altogether. The other inhabitants would therefore have no way of learning about the discovery.

The discovery might even cause the simulation to reboot itself, ending the lives and goals of all of its inhabitants. Therefore, any investigation into the question will imperil the continued existence of the entire cosmos.

However, the fact that we're all still alive would seem to bring this theory into question.

Hmm this is interesting as I've had an odd experience only twice that I can remember where I was thinking hard about the nature of existence and my consciousness and how its even possible, at one point I seemed to have a profound thought or understanding for a split second then i felt like it just got blocked and I was back to normal, the sad thing is its hard to get that again and I don't seem to really understand what thought triggers it and what it actually was I might of found out, quite strange indeed.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Originally posted by TL

Isn't consciousness just a bunch of brain cells? So the energy is emitted as heat.

Ok think about this, if consciousness is only a product of the brain then how does it stay the same awareness while your brain can change and work by constantly new sources of energy and over time matter?

After many years your body will essentially become different than it was before, so it seems odd how the self awareness that is you just stays the same even with the constantly changing short-term experience, energy and long-term physical matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
Thank you.

What if your free will is destiny and your destiny is free will? Why must they Be fixed or separated? They are changeable, free will is the ability to change.

Humans set expectations on Existence, yet Existence sets No expectations on Humans... the reason they are separated in this scenerio is that Existence has no consistencies, No expectations, all things are and Must Be for the perfection of Existence to continue, Existence is Perfect, if Not it would cease to Exist. You will find Me repeating this often, but it is very important for Us to know.

Choice is free will, destiny is perception.

We will change the world, We are free to change Our own course, it is Not a prison sentence placed upon Us by some out side force, We chose to Be here and We chose this situation. We choose Our reality

Dude, why aren't there more people who think like you in the world!

I hate it when people say we aren't perfect, or reality is flawed. I don't think people understand just how immensely perfect we and reality is!

You only need look up to the heavens/cosmos to realise this perfection. there is a rainbow of colour, a tapestry of emotion, woven into the physical existence of stars and galaxies. As you said, existence itself is perfection.

I really can't add anything else to this thread, you honsetly have summed up my own way of thinking entirely and im at a loss to elaborate further.

Hmm this is interesting as I've had an odd experience only twice that I can remember where I was thinking hard about the nature of existence and my consciousness and how its even possible, at one point I seemed to have a profound thought or understanding for a split second then i felt like it just got blocked and I was back to normal, the sad thing is its hard to get that again and I don't seem to really understand what thought triggers it and what it actually was I might of found out, quite strange indeed.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

All the time. Every time i consider reality and existence i feel an overwhelming rush of euphoria, which is merely me remembering the time i realised the fundamental purpose of my own existence, which was my first enlightening moment. Times i have concentrated enough during these moments i have actually begun to phase into an OOBE, and i get the free falling feeling (if you want to know what that is, go get really drunk, then goto sleep/close your eyes lol).

It is merely your higher self tapping on your shoulder, letting you know that deep down you were right all along, that you are NEVER alone, you are ALWAYS loved and have ALWAYS belonged. Maintaining the connection to the higher self is immensely difficult, or it was until after the year 2000 roughly.

If you want it to last, you only need to realise; Yes, it is real, and secondly, actually believe it is real. That is something you can't just wish/intend, it takes a revelation of the person to get this. Your probably thinking, "this sounds alot like the God scenario. I won't believe it until i have proof". The proof my friend, is not only right infront of your eyes, but behind them aswell (lame expression, my bad), ie yourself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join