It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea helping iran test a nuke later this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I read this today on an Indian news website. Report appartently came out of London.

N Korea Helping Iran with nuclear testing

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ummm....looks interesting. I am from India and the news paper you are refering to is very reliable and considered mainstream in India. The report also refers to The Daily Telegraph and The Daily too.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What does this mean to the world?......it looks as if this could be the smoking gun that Bush and co desperately need to jump start their iran plan.
I would expect to be hearing this report long and loudly proclaimed in the US where they are in need of more ammo to convince America to go along with a military campaign to stop the developement of nuclear capability in Iran.
Many estimates put the time line as years away from a bomb.
This news may change that to a closer and more immediate problem for a lot of countries including Isreal, and the US.
With three carriers in the area, and with the assets in place to keep Ormuz open to traffic expect an attack soon.
Feb -April...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I just happened across this thread and was suprised that there were no more responces. This is disturbing to me if the source turns out to be a reliable site. This could be the spark that lights the fuse here.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have no doubt that, should the Iranians test a nuclear weapon (successfully or not), they will at the very least suffer an attack on their nuclear facilities and possibly a full-scale invasion. This might even end up being passed by the UN Security Council if it becomes clear that Iran has deceived the international community over its nuclear programme.

The nuclear weapon route is perhaps one of the most idiotic that Iran could possibly take considering that the world is watching you closely. The Iranian economy is in no shape to fight a war. It was bad to start with, sanctions have made it worse, and a war would pose severe problems.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
I have no doubt that, should the Iranians test a nuclear weapon (successfully or not), they will at the very least suffer an attack on their nuclear facilities and possibly a full-scale invasion. This might even end up being passed by the UN Security Council if it becomes clear that Iran has deceived the international community over its nuclear programme.

I do hope that the War never happens and I do think that there is a genuine problem here that needs to get resolved but a bomb won't solve it.

This is an ideological battle for minds and souls as some put it and a bomb nor war won't help anything but considering what you have said above don't you think:

If Iran tests a bomb successfully then given the fact that they also have the delivery mechanism, won't Us/Israel and Iran be in a MAD( mutual assured destruction) situation? I agree that the MAD situation is highly skewed in favour of US/Israel but it still is MAD. Now if Iran get bombed first then who has broken the MAD? and who is responsible for a nuclear war?

Are you prepared to start a Nuclear war just because you fear one might happen?

Now if they test unsuccessfully it is a whole different story!

They must be pretty stupid to do that, I am sure if they are smart enough to build a bomb they are smart enough to make sure that it will work!

Iranian people in general a sick of their Governments laws! and these laws and the regime are the problem! if some how people are empowered they will themselves remove the government but I can tell you that the consensus amongst Iranians is that Iran does not want another revolution. This has to happen peacefully some how through reforms!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well, it would take time for Iran to be able to develop a delivery mechanism for a nuclear weapon (if it wanted to use missiles it would need to work out how to reduce the size of their nukes to fit into a warhead - bombs aren't much good against the US because Iran has no aircraft that could reach the US... it'd probably be intercepted before it reached the United States anyway), and it would basically force the US into action. It is an unacceptable risk for the US to allow Iran to have nuclear weapons, especially when the Iranian president has openly said Israel should be wiped off the map and has the potential to supply nuclear material to terrorist groups.

We already know the US has got plans in place to attack Iran: See this thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
sodom

what nuke??
what should these reports been for???
iran did not have nukes, not now and not in 5 years.

is this so hard to understand

this is just blablabla.....

sodom

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
No, we're discussing what would happen if Iran acquired a nuclear weapon

If the North Koreans were also involved then I think they'd end up isolated permanently. They have a significant disincentive from helping Iran anyway, considering they've taken the first small step towards reconciliation with the US.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well, it would take time for Iran to be able to develop a delivery mechanism for a nuclear weapon (if it wanted to use missiles it would need to work out how to reduce the size of their nukes to fit into a warhead - bombs aren't much good against the US because Iran has no aircraft that could reach the US... it'd probably be intercepted before it reached the United States anyway), and it would basically force the US into action. It is an unacceptable risk for the US to allow Iran to have nuclear weapons, especially when the Iranian president has openly said Israel should be wiped off the map and has the potential to supply nuclear material to terrorist groups.

We already know the US has got plans in place to attack Iran: See this thread.

Iran has Chemical and Biological weapons? how much of those have made their way to the terrorist groups? Why do you think the fissile material would be any different?

See this on delivery mechanisms?

also remember 12 KH russian made, ukranian missiles?

I am not supporter of the government of Iran.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
Iran has Chemical and Biological weapons? how much of those have made their way to the terrorist groups? Why do you think the fissile material would be any different?

Erm... I didn't mention chemical or biological weapons

Not quite sure about Iranian bio/chemical weapons programmes. It wouldn't surprise me if they had them, though - anyone know anything about it?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, Im sure the Israelis have already gotten wind of this and if it turns out to be true, then this may escalate very quickly.

I dont know anything about Iran's chem/bio weapons programs or if they even exist at all, I am sure they do. I would imagine they could have some nerve gas like sarin or soman. The russians had tons of soman and Im not sure if they have destroyed any of it. Knowing the russians, they probably sold it to Iran with the reactors.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Erm... I didn't mention chemical or biological weapons

Not quite sure about Iranian bio/chemical weapons programmes. It wouldn't surprise me if they had them, though - anyone know anything about it?

Ok you said that if Iran has fissile material they will definately pass it on to terrorists which then I replied to by stating that iran has:

Chemical Weapons and

Biological Weapons and that none of that has made it to terrorists yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Ok you said that if Iran has fissile material they will definately pass it on to terrorists

No, what I said is that they might pass it on to terrorists.

It is an unacceptable risk for the US to allow Iran to have nuclear weapons, especially when the Iranian president has openly said Israel should be wiped off the map and has the potential to supply nuclear material to terrorist groups.

I didn't say they will certainly do it, but it's a risk that the US won't take especially under the current administration.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I thought Iran where the terrorists

top topics

join