It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

SAS snipers in training

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   


Here is a video showing a couple of SAS members training as snipers and dealing with terrorists.




posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is actually part of a series of documentarys shown on TV about 18 months ago. Every week was a different scenario. I know 2 of the guys on this programme they are friends from my military days who i still hang about with. The older guy who has his face shown is in fact ex SAS however some of the other troops are ex Marines, Paras etc that were "Auditioned" in as part of the programme.

Sad thing is a lot of the techniques that are used today were not shown on this programme for obvious reasons. Ill get in touch with my friend and see what channel it was on as i cant remember. Maybe a chance of finding the other episodes



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
This is actually part of a series of documentarys shown on TV about 18 months ago. Every week was a different scenario. I know 2 of the guys on this programme they are friends from my military days who i still hang about with. The older guy who has his face shown is in fact ex SAS however some of the other troops are ex Marines, Paras etc that were "Auditioned" in as part of the programme.

Sad thing is a lot of the techniques that are used today were not shown on this programme for obvious reasons. Ill get in touch with my friend and see what channel it was on as i cant remember. Maybe a chance of finding the other episodes


I know it has been shown on the UKTV network. I think it was UK History. Very interesting to watch and know that the UK specials forces are some of the best in the world. To train and support these guys is worth my taxes.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks for correcting me on the video. I thought he was trying to train them while making a documentary of how SAS does it in a scenario.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Most definitely the best. Without going into much detail i have been fortunate enough to take part in a few of their excersises one involved playing a passenger on a 747 jumbo and the other a passenger on a passenger ferry. Because of that i have first hand observations on how they conduct themselves which was a serious eye opener both times



posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes Saint, I agree. Sitting in a train is also a bit of an eye opener and a couple of their moves almost made me sh1t myself - even though I knew what to expect and when to expect it!

Eddie's put a bit of weight on and he's no longer the grey man and Mach's 'tache has grown a lot bigger but hey! They are still the Very Best of the Best.



posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
They ar ethe best of the best why ? Because their members write loads of books and that there are countless TV shows and documentaries about them ?
Interesting how the US Delta force never seems to have any publicity like this. I guess by your standards the more publicity the better they are.

PS. I'm also curious ince a few of you seem to tout your personal experience withe teh SAS ( real or imagined ), have you actuallu had dealings when any of the other elite spec ops around the world ? If not then how could you possibly make teh judgement that they are the best of the best ?



posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't really want to turn this into a this special forces is teh best and thats not etc.. type post.

But the SAS is not the most trainned. The SBS is the most highly trainned. They come from the Royal Marine Commandos who are a fully trainned marine + cold weater warfare specialists + moutain warfare specialists + green beret commando rolled into a single soldier. Thats why they wear the green beret to signify they are commando. Then once they do about 3 years of Royal marine trainning they they can go into the SBS where they recive 100% of the SAS trainning + extended SF marine trainning. This makes them the most highly trainned SF type force in the world. And also the most expensively trainned SF type force as well. Thats also a reason why there are so few of them.

.



posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
But the SAS is not the most trainned. The SBS is the most highly trainned. They come from the Royal Marine Commandos who are a fully trainned marine + cold weater warfare specialists + moutain warfare specialists + green beret commando rolled into a single soldier. Thats why they wear the green beret to signify they are commando. Then once they do about 3 years of Royal marine trainning they they can go into the SBS where they recive 100% of the SAS trainning + extended SF marine trainning. This makes them the most highly trainned SF type force in the world. And also the most expensively trainned SF type force as well. Thats also a reason why there are so few of them.


No offense but says who ? How the hell would you now how much it costs to train other SF operators around the world ? US Delta's budget is secret.
The SBS is just another spec forces unit out of many elite units around the world.
If we are talking simply about long range recon, tehn the Australia SASR are superior than the SBS, they are also crosstrained in all varieties of warfare and it takes years to train them as well.



posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
The SBS is just another spec forces unit out of many elite units around the world.

Well do you know if there are any other SF units that require you to pass two selections to join it?



posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by rogue1
The SBS is just another spec forces unit out of many elite units around the world.

Well do you know if there are any other SF units that require you to pass two selections to join it?


Hmm Delta, pass Rangers and Delta Selection. The point is moot, there are mnay soldiers in other SF units around the world who could pass both SBS selection courses.
SBS just aren't superior to other elite units. The Australian SASR OAG is just as good as the SBS as prbably teh US Navy SEALS or the German KSK.



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
Hmm Delta, pass Rangers and Delta Selection. The point is moot, there are mnay soldiers in other SF units around the world who could pass both SBS selection courses.

I didnt know that rangers where a special forces unit but heh you learn something everyday.


SBS just aren't superior to other elite units. The Australian SASR OAG is just as good as the SBS as prbably teh US Navy SEALS or the German KSK.

I didnt say they were more elite, just that the selection process for SBS is harder than most units out there.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join