It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second "O'Hare UFO IMAGE"? -- UPDATE: HOAX CONFIRMED

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Dissapointingly, we've found the second image to be a hoax. David and I hadn't much gotten into it, other then trying to triangulate the area in which it might have been taken (which seemed plausible to be connected to the first shot's location, and witness recount). It didnt seem to be contrived, but we're actually still in the depths of the first photo.

At any rate:
www.takingflight.us...

No question, no doubt, it's faked. The search was ridiculous to find it, but it's found and this shot is over. I'll say to whomever faked it, you picked a location that to us seemed plausible to get a shot framed that way...so whether or not you meant it, or not, it seems you did your homework. I'll give ya credit for that.

I'll also mention that in speaking to "Eyewitness" last night, she said as well that the 1st shot was much more what she saw, and the second seemed different. I thought about that alot after we hung up.

So anyway, now at least you guys might see why we never jump to anything, and why I mentioned last night that these things take time to sort out.

It aint over yet...but it's over for this one.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Is it just me, or do all of these pics seem to contradict the eyewitness reports in a big way?

NUFORC sighting report

As we passed the C Terminal on the Alpha taxiway we observed a dark gray hazy round object hovering over OHare Intl Airport.

You've echoed what I thought from the first... that the alleged photos AND the time of day didn't quite match the original report.

It's not THAT hard to get to the terminal or to have someone take a photo of the area. If it'd been real, those photos would have been out there in the first week after the initial report. These are just hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with people. They hear about a UFO sighting at O'Hare airport, so they get on google and start searching for old pics of o'hare to add a fake little silver dot to it? Why??? Are people that sad and bored? What did the hoaxster even accomplish by making that stupid picture? I doubt they made any money from it. I'm not trusting ANY photograph on the internet anymore unless it is proven 100% to be real by experienced analyzers... this is ridiculous...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hoaxers suck - i spent all that time on page 3 with my photo synopsis... all for nothing. lol

But hey, props to ATS for the methodical way we analyze and debunk such claims. Its hard to pull one over on us for too long...
We are the well oiled machine.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
Hoaxers suck - i spent all that time on page 3 with my photo synopsis... all for nothing. lol

LOL, yes damajikninja, which is the reason we should waste no time on images that are not originals.

I am still unsure as to why we did. Thats the ATS collective we.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
At any rate:
www.takingflight.us...

No question, no doubt, it's faked. The search was ridiculous to find it, but it's found and this shot is over.

so this is a fake because you found the exact picture but without the UFO???

w0w, very interesting...

thanks

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
When was the pic without the ufo taken?

If it's recent, as in after the supposed ufo sighting, could'nt the possibility exist of someone photoshoping the pic and editing out the ufo, so as to discredit a ufo sighting?

Did that make sense lol?

What i'm asking is, whilst people will shout hoax just because there is a pic on the net without the ufo in it, maybe someone edited the ufo out and left a pic on the internet just so we'd find it and shout hoax.

Remember not everyone wants us to believe that alien crafts exist.

Like i said though, show me that this pic without the ufo was taken before the recent ufo sighting and i'll possibly go with hoax....maybe.

CX.

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok i have'nt got a clue how to investigate photos so correct me if i'm wrong here.

All i know how to do is to look at the pics properties and read the info there.

On that pic showing the same airport but with no ufo, in the properties it said it was created and modified on 28/4/07.

Excuse a thick question but does this mean that someone put up this airport pic on the net on 28/4/07, and modified it on that date too?

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Can't vouch for the picture, of course, but the fact that it is at the end of the frame is no big deal. Think of the situation. Here you are in an airport. Suddenly you see something out the window. You get excited and grab your cell phone. It's got lots of buttons on it. It's terribly difficult to aim (Have you ever taken a picture with a cell phone?) You give it your best shot.

My cell phone is a Treo 600. It's a tiny lens in one corner of the phone. You have to turn he phone on, get to the right button, etc. before the screen even shows an image. You aim by looking at the "big" screen in the middle of the phone. It takes some time to focus and you don't have much control at all. It's a very haphazard system at best.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
OK, these hoaxsters are really getting on my nerve. Please get a life.
Is there a way to see how many hoaxes and real pics & video there has been on ATS so far. You know, a percentage. Just wondering if we'll ever find the diamond in the ruff

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is such a hoax...look at this...
Dont worry about the bottom...dont worry about the colors...just trying to look at the shape of the object

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join