It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second "O'Hare UFO IMAGE"? -- UPDATE: HOAX CONFIRMED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
arrr, thanks for clearing that up

fm

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Good points Dama, but I was implying that something is amiss here since I see the center area of the photo framed on... well... metal structures jutting out of the tarmac. Now... is he an architect who took this photo?

Then again, he could have noticed the UFO first, and place the UFO in a very difficult spot just to get it's relation to the environment in the photo. But very nice work on the google maps.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Good points Dama, but I was implying that something is amiss here since I see the center area of the photo framed on... well... metal structures jutting out of the tarmac. Now... is he an architect who took this photo?

Then again, he could have noticed the UFO first, and place the UFO in a very difficult spot just to get it's relation to the environment in the photo. But very nice work on the google maps.

Shattered OUT...

I guess I missed that... where are the metal structures... are you talking about the jetways in the background? Sorry bud, you lost me
Tell me what you see.

EDIT: Are you talking about that stuff right above the American Airlines jet? Those are jetways... and of course, the tall things everywhere are lights. Still trying to see what you are seeing.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Linda Moulton Howe is going to be on Coast to Coast AM in a few minutes talking about all this O'hare UFO stuff. I'll edit this reply if she or George Noory mention anything about the ATS take on this.

(Edit) ATS is mentioned all over this, but the truly amazing thing she mentioned is that she said many witnesses have come forward saying that a LOT OF PEOPLE were in the terminal that day taking cell phone pictures! I wonder where they are? AND, wouldn't it be something if they all show the same object from slightly different angles?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

saying that a LOT OF PEOPLE were in the terminal that day taking cell phone pictures! I wonder where they are? AND, wouldn't it be something if they all show the same object from slightly different angles?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by CreeWolf]

i wonder how many of these people know about ats, maby some of the people in the US some where should make it their job to tell people at the airport about the forums.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well, sounds like a good thing if there truly are multiple real cellphone pictures out there, (and we might have two of them allready). The fact that ATS is getting publicity is a good thing. Maybe more vitnesses will register and post / email their photos. All we need is one or more genuine 100% real vitnesses to confirm that whats on all these / or at least one, of the o hare pictures, are infact the same thing that was seen that day. Thats would be very, awesome

[edit on 27-1-2007 by pekle]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I`m going to put one giant "IF IT IS IN FACT REAL" at the beginning of this post, and you all can feel free to mentally insert it into the following at random intervals:

Reading through the comments regarding the setup of the shot, I`m having a difficult time with the idea that it could have been framed much better.

There are a handful of potential technical constraints in the shot that I find intriguing:
1) The plane in the right of the shot, awaiting boarding. This leads me to believe that the window probably doesnt extend more than a couple of metres in that direction because of the boarding gate.
2) The object is nearly obscured by the building dominating the left side of the photo.
3) There`s a substantial amount of window glare in the shot.

If the photographer moves closer to the window, the object will likely be obscured by the building on the left.

If the photographer moves back from the window, the window glare increases - this has been my own experience, at least.

If the photographer moves to the right of the shot, ??? Is there more window to move to in that direction? Would the object be obscured by the building on the left?

If the windows are at an odd angle with regard to the interior lightng - which seems to be the case by the glare in the photo - it`s very possible that such a move would only increase the glare.

My 2¥ worth anyway. Interesting stuff, looking forward to the professional alaysis.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I went through and tried different methods to clear up the image.

I am sure that there is something there, and it does not go with the rest of the sky. A faint whisper (like a cloud) may be up near the top of whatever the main shape is, and it does not disappear (the main shape) at all.

I think I got the best sub-picture on splitting the colors to red, green, blue, and keeping the green image. There is a shadow underneath the shape or a darker hue of color underneath, it looks curved (the main shape of whatever it is) and there is another dark area on the left side near the back of it.

Almost in a sense but not seeing everything clearly, looks almost like a jet with the front and the nose in the front and slanted towards the left at an angle with the dark shadow near the back looking like a jet engine, but that is not really what it looks like either (like the jet engine would be on the left side of the shape whatever it is) but then there is that kind of whispy kind of thin looking like cloud near the top of the shape, but the shape of whatever it is never ever disappears and is always prominent against the background.

In fact there is a different darker shade of color all around that image and it is brighter up on top but I think darker than the main color of the sky usually seen in the rest of the picture. The shape of whatever it is is always brighter than that darker hue around the shape and then the color changes more to the grey sky around that shape further out just a ways.

Just can not clear it up with what I have any better, but even sometimes it looks as if there are windows up near the top of the shape, and of course, nothing can be clearly said about the shape because I just can not really make it any better.

mod edit: edited into paragraphs

[edit on 27-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Is the weather consistent with the forecast that day? I believe they said it was overcast and left a hole in the clouds. I agree with the above post that it is hard to get a good view at O'Hare near the boarding gates. I just wish that we could verify the date it was taken.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Awesome work damajikninja I think you nailed the location of the photo perfectly. I want to vote you a way above but the button's not there anymore.. what's up with that? Can you locate Concourse "C" in relation to your overhead view? I think that's where most witnesses located the object.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Reading through the comments regarding the setup of the shot, I`m having a difficult time with the idea that it could have been framed much better.

I agree with you and all the points you brought up, in fact I mentioned earlier in this thread that I've been in O'Hare and this is about the best view you can get from the windows. Any further to the right and you run out of window and the angle of the shot would cause far more glare from the glass. I also think the photographer would have tried several photo's from different angles and most likely this is the one that shows the best detail of the object. There's no point getting hung up on the framing of the shot.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Another thing about the framing that I just noticed. The window is two panes of glass with a horizontal aluminum tube separating the panes. I know this is at around 3 feet or waist height. For the horizontal bar to be visible in the bottom of the photo, the photographer would need to be squatting down to take the shot. That tells me that he was intentionally shooting upwards to get the object in the shot and not just taking a pic of the scene outside the window as has been suggested.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Awesome work damajikninja I think you nailed the location of the photo perfectly. I want to vote you a way above but the button's not there anymore.. what's up with that? Can you locate Concourse "C" in relation to your overhead view? I think that's where most witnesses located the object.

I modified the image to indicate Concourse C...

external image

image too big, distorting page size

[edit on 1-27-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
We require multiple, atleast 2, eye witness accounts from different areas
of the airport to triangulate the distance to the object in question.

For reasons previously stated, I am still highly reluctant to use this image
as one of those eyewitness accounts.

I will also assume that as this individual claims to have witnessed and
taken the shot first hand, we can also expect to see some images of
the hole it made in the clouds.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Cocker]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Thanks. That puts the object out of view from concourse H/K if the other witnesses were right about it being over gate C17. But it does raise a possibility that the object appeared in two different locations and if anyone's following the witness reports on the other thread, there does seem to be a possibility that there was more than one appearance or maybe more than one object.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by damajikninja

Thanks. That puts the object out of view from concourse H/K if the other witnesses were right about it being over gate C17. But it does raise a possibility that the object appeared in two different locations and if anyone's following the witness reports on the other thread, there does seem to be a possibility that there was more than one appearance or maybe more than one object.

Yeah, I have heard some people say there may have been two objects - or some movement of a single object. I find it interesting cuz many have said there was something over Concourse C... but in this last image, we've determined that the object must be located somewhere along that line... putting it south of concourse C out over the runways somewhere.

By the way - in the image I put together, the Google map part at the top is oriented UP=NORTH DOWN=SOUTH. And since that bottom blue line runs off down and to the left... the ufo ni this pic is southwest of Concourse G - well away, but visible from, Concourse C and Gate C-17.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ok, it's possible the other witnesses saw it in the same location but it appeared to be closer to them and over Concourse C. I'm talking about the first witness who came here to ATS, the United Airlines Mechanic who said he was taxiing a plane from the service area and that it appeared to be directly over Concourse C. This seems to be the service area and possible routes to the terminal, and the line of sight seems to be right for the location of this photo.

What do you think, could the witness just be mistaken about distance?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm talking about the lights and the top of the terminal.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
bigprobe, thats a really good point. The UFO probably isnt as close to the terminals as your red dot indicates... but it is definatley along that line somewhere, and from the taxiways it would look as though it is above or very near to Concourse C...

maybe we should look at all of our O'Hare UFO pics and reports again, and try to triangulate where all the sightings have occured...

[edit on 27-1-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Gosh this O'Hare Airport UFO reports' really taken off (no pun intended) as of late, considering it happened late last year. If only Mexico could get this kind of exposure as their Airport UFO problem's huge.

Anyway, found the attached Jan 1/07 Chicago Tribune report and wanted to post it, if it's not already in one of the existing threads or posts.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Dallas

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join