It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second "O'Hare UFO IMAGE"? -- UPDATE: HOAX CONFIRMED

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OMG - We are all being played!

admin edit:
Just like in the "first image" thread PLEASE DON'T post simulated, spoofed or anyother versions of the image in question in this thread. Feel free to start a new thread and have fun but it is in the best interests of everyone involved to keep these threads CLEAR of noise.

In the event someone who has REAL information about this is looking for the image it would be a tragedy for them to mistake a copy for the "real" one.

Until the experts have had a chance to analyze this and declare it one way or the other we are taking this image seriously. Again ATS is NOT endorsing this in any way.

[edit on 1-26-2007 by Springer]

If you don't support it, then why chop up my post?

ATS Moderators censor posts! ATS Admins deny freedom of expression!

With excuses that amount to nothing more than cheap hacks. I created a 'fake' UFO picture to highlight how funny this whole thing is, with text clearly embedded in the image that depicts it as a fake and they removed it!

[edit on 26-1-2007 by phanton]

[edit on 26-1-2007 by phanton]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I've been in the terminals at O'Hare and the view in the photo is about as much as you can see from the windows without running into a big box pillar. To get the 'ufo' centered in the photo, you would have to go over to the opposite terminal. Also I think the shooter said it was a 2mpx camera phone, so not high end at all...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocker
Springer any chance of getting a copy of the fullsize image with the exif data intact?

I have no idea, we've asked for it. but I have to guess that if the guy requested his personal infor be left out that's why he deleted it.

In reference to the 533x300 pixel size that is, in fact, a typical size reduction for HD cell phone pictures.

Also, we just got this lunacy in our email from the "Contact ATS button"

Contact form submission user's IP: 209.xxx.xx.xx

Contact form submission user's name: ****

===========================================================

hey, I'm the person who sent in the latest o'hare pic. I photoshopped it, i'm sorry, i was bored. i'm only 15 and was messing around with photoshop. sorry, please take it down

For anyone else who wants to play games, don't bother. You see that little IP number up there in the quote?

Well, we know the IP of the picture sender and that aint it!
That's not even in the same state...

Let's try and be grown ups out there okay?

sheesh.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've thrown a couple 3mp cell phone pics up if anyone wants any comparisons. If Springer can find out what phone was used I can take several sample pics with the same model and post those as well.

Cell Phone Pics

Taken with Samsung D900 GSM

[edit on 26-1-2007 by knows_but_doesnt]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow. I don't know why this didn't get the media coverage it so much deserved. But it seems that it never does.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I insist in trying to talk to one of the mechanics of the airport. And trying to send him / they, this two pics.

Now you got 2 possible pics.

And the ufo in those pics ARE NOT the tipical black dot of most pictures.

That grey colour is unusual in most ufo pics.

I think, that if you contact at least one of the mechanics that were witnesses, you have an enormous chance of ending these pics intrigue.

Sorry for my english.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
heres a 2 megapixel camera phone.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
In reference to the 533x300 pixel size that is, in fact, a typical size reduction for HD cell phone pictures.

I will concede your point for size reduction, but its not the original, which is quite apparent as most camera phones have a low resolution of 640x480 given the quite good quality of the image I would tend to think it comes from a much larger image.

Not to put a dampener on the experts you have working on this, but without an original file including exif data, this image cannot be taken seriously, which doesn't make it fake, but it does cast a great deal of doubt.

As this individual has taken the time to send this image in, knowing what it contains, I would find it very hard to believe that the original file is not still in existence.

IMO, failure to deliver the original would cry fake.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
At this point I think we very well could have a disinformation campaign on our hands folks...

Multiple pictures sent with very little information.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What is the photo focused on? All UFO photos I've seen are focused on everything, BUT THE OBJECT ITSELF.

In this photo however, the center of it appears to be pointing at the top of a terminal/hanger with some towers. What is this person taking a picture of? Not the MD-82 that's for sure since the aircraft is at the bottom of the photo.

When I take a photo, my point of interest is usually in the center.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
IMO....

Everybody keeps saying that it is sooo unlikley that this picture came from a cell phone due to the quality...

Treo's, Moto's, and BlackBerry's tend to have good resolution cameras. My V3M RAZR takes pics at 1280x1024. Dont be so quick to dismiss this simply because of image quality - that would be irresponsible.

Even assuming the picture didn't come from a cell phone... SO WHAT! We still have a picture with a claimed UFO in it, regardless fo where it came from.

Analyze the picture and determine its authenticity - THEN we can fuss about WHAT took the picture, as it is currently irrelevant.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well until I hear a witness confirm any picture??? That is the only way to cross examine the photo's...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
hrm, the plot thickens. At least this one is a little more clear, but im sure many people will shoot it down before we have had a good look at it.

fm

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
What is the photo focused on? All UFO photos I've seen are focused on everything, BUT THE OBJECT ITSELF.

In this photo however, the center of it appears to be pointing at the top of a terminal/hanger with some towers. What is this person taking a picture of? Not the MD-82 that's for sure since the aircraft is at the bottom of the photo.

When I take a photo, my point of interest is usually in the center.

Shattered OUT...

Are you talking about focus or framing?

Most are going to be out of focus, since the little camera brain does not see the UFO as the best object to focus on - since the UFO is so small in the shot, and so far away.

The framing is a bit odd though... the shot gives the impression that the photographer intended to get a shot of the American Airlines flight as it went by... and then later realized that a UFO was captured in the shot.

Then again, dude could have been trying to show the scale and location of the UFO by including foreground objects.

Jury still out...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Then again, dude could have been trying to show the scale and location of the UFO by including foreground objects.

thats a good thought actualy. Concidering the size of the window that looks like it would be a pretty big rain drop.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
At the very least, the levels in this image have already been equalized in post-processing.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Also, we just got this lunacy in our email from the "Contact ATS button"

Contact form submission user's IP: 209.xxx.xx.xx

Contact form submission user's name: ****

===========================================================

hey, I'm the person who sent in the latest o'hare pic. I photoshopped it, i'm sorry, i was bored. i'm only 15 and was messing around with photoshop. sorry, please take it down

For anyone else who wants to play games, don't bother. You see that little IP number up there in the quote?

Well, we know the IP of the picture sender and that aint it!
That's not even in the same state...

So Springer, you're saying that you have this kid's IP...
Wouldn't it be a shame if some anonymous poster came on ATS with a brand new account and posted this kid's address?
That would be a shame.
Did you ever see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back?

It would be a shame to hear about some internet nerd getting the snot kicked out of him at his own house.

Just a shame

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ok so I took the idea that maybe, just maybe, dude was trying to provide scale and location info in the shot by including foreground objects... and decided to figure out where the image was taken from.

I used Google Maps, Google Image Search, and some Concourse Maps from the O'Hare site.

- 950x750 JPG Image Included Below

There is a lot of information in this collage I made here... let me try to show you what I am thinking.

Ok, so Dude is standing at a window inside of Concourse H, looking out at Concourse G. You can see the green arch thing in his shot, and a square white feature next to the arch on the roof. In the Google Map image, you can clearly see the square feature... also if you look at all the roof-lines on Google maps for all the Concourses, this one is very unique.

To add to the uniquity of building in Dude's shot, look at the spidery collection of jet-ways coming of the end of the Concourse G. Looking at the Google Map, you can clearly see that no other part of the airport has so many jetways all crammed together like that - the end of Concourse G is the only place where the jetways spider out like that.

Another point is that the plane in the picture is clearly an American Airlines jet... the H & G concourses are for American Airlines jets, as indicated in the O'Hare Concourse map in the lower left of my image.

So... Where is the UFO??

Also if you look real close at where I drew the lower "field-of-vision" line... you can see that it crosses right over the round joint of a jet-way... which is visible in Dude's picture on the left.

Incidentaly, the UFO is situated right above the leading edge of the jetway-joint in Dude's photo... this means that if you were to continue the lower blue line all the way across the airport, the UFO in his shot must be located at some altitude above some point on that line.

If you want to look at the different concourses of Chicago O'Hare Airport, and compare them to the one in Dude's photo (like I did) go here... Link to Location in Google Maps

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So... Where is the UFO?? you say.

Are we actually looking for it on the Google Earth picture?

Why, were they taken on the same day within the same time frame?

Or are you merely pointing out his field of vision?

Sorry, but I'm not sure where we are going?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocker
So... Where is the UFO?? you say.

Are we actually looking for it on the Google Earth picture?

Why, were they taken on the same day within the same time frame?

Or are you merely pointing out his field of vision?

Sorry, but I'm not sure where we are going?

Sorry guys - I know there is a lot to absorb here. Let me try this again...

The top portion of my image is taken from Google Maps, but only for reference - I have no doubt that the Map image I used was NOT taken on the same day as our friends UFO photo.

I am trying to indicate where this image MUST have been taken from, and therefore indicating the general direction of the UFO from his vantage point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join