It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese State TV Bans 'Year of the Pig' Commercials to Appease Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
I am schedule to visit Tibet on March this year.
I will see with my own eyes how tibetan be oppressed, jailed, tortured,
massacred and if their religion be destroyed ..etc.
restriction? yes, I believe the only restreiction for me to fulfill
my trip is it's too hard to get a ticket.
when the railway project link Tibet to rest of China completed, every
train to Tibet full of passenger and the message on call-board in
ticket office is always "no ticket"
Maybe in March, after lunar new year, the number of tourists will shrink.
Any Americans who want to witness "tragedy" in Tibet can go with me.
the ticket is not so expensive, Beijing to Lhasa(capital of Tibet)
about 50 USD(of course if you want to own a bed on train the cost
will double).

Did you watch the youtube video I posted where there are what clearly looks like chinese military personnel shooting the Tibetans who are fleeing to india to see the dalai lama?

That is the china that ppl like k4rupt are defending. There has been a lot of misinformation in the Western press about China alright! Its all been written by people who have either never been to China or just saw the glitzy parts of Shanghai and Beijing while living in a 5-star hotel who probably had a masseuse. Is it any wonder that they are giddy with excitement? I just wanted to point out some realities of China to counter-balance the rosy picture that most here like k4rupt seem to want to paint.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
One moderator has already asked everybody to please keep the discussion to the topic at hand. Persoanl attacks and sniping add NOTHING to the debate at hand.

Thank You for your attention.
FredT, moderator

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
This is to say that nothing a person eats will make them sick, give them a virus/bacteria/parasite, or make them "unclean"?

No, you'll have to go back and read it in the context of what is being discussed. Also, I posted the new living translation, try the king james version if you want buit I think that can be even more cryptic. Trust me, I learned this in church, Matthew 15 is, in part, the reason that christians are permitted to consume anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo

Did you watch the youtube video I posted where there are what clearly looks like chinese military personnel shooting the Tibetans who are fleeing to india to see the dalai lama?

Did you see the pictures of Guantanamo Bay?

Does Guantanamo Bay describe WHAT the United States is? Does it describe how all of American-Muslims live in the United States? NO, so how does the personnel shooting of a few Tibetans describe exactly how Tibetans live in China? EXACTLY - OWNED.

I'm not defending ALL of China's actions - believe me. However, I am defending China from MISINFORMATION and biased, completely wrong picture of how China really is. I post facts and info whereas you post ignorant western views of China in the 60's. Times have changed - open your eyes.

Must I post the article of Washington Post again?

". . . few Tibetans would welcome a return of the corrupt aristocratic clans that fled with him in 1959 and that comprise the bulk of his advisers. Many Tibetan farmers, for example, have no interest in surrendering the land they gained during China's land reform to the clans. Tibet's former slaves say they, too, don't want their former masters to return to power.
"I've already lived that life once before," said Wangchuk, a 67-year-old former slave who was wearing his best clothes for his yearly pilgrimage to Shigatse, one of the holiest sites of Tibetan Buddhism. He said he worshipped the Dalai Lama, but added, "I may not be free under Chinese communism, but I am better off than when I was a slave." "

Or how about this article by Michael Perenti:

"In the Dalai Lama's Tibet, torture and mutilation—including eye gouging, the pulling out of tongues, hamstringing, and amputation--were favored punishments inflicted upon runaway serfs and thieves. Journeying through Tibet in the 1960s, Stuart and Roma Gelder interviewed a former serf, Tsereh Wang Tuei, who had stolen two sheep belonging to a monastery. For this he had both his eyes gouged out and his hand mutilated beyond use. He explains that he no longer is a Buddhist: "When a holy lama told them to blind me I thought there was no good in religion." Since it was against Buddhist teachings to take human life, some offenders were severely lashed and then "left to God" in the freezing night to die. "The parallels between Tibet and medieval Europe are striking," concludes Tom Grunfeld in his book on Tibet."

That is the china that ppl like k4rupt are defending. There has been a lot of misinformation in the Western press about China alright! Its all been written by people who have either never been to China or just saw the glitzy parts of Shanghai and Beijing while living in a 5-star hotel who probably had a masseuse. Is it any wonder that they are giddy with excitement? I just wanted to point out some realities of China to counter-balance the rosy picture that most here like k4rupt seem to want to paint.

China isn't rosy, but it's a lot more rosy than the cmopletely ignorant picture that YOU place.

I've already owned alot of your misinformation. Remember stating that 700+ million Chinese live off a dollar? I showed you that only 10% of the Chinese population live off the poverty level, amounting to roughly 100 million. ACCORDING TO THE CIA FACT BOOK. owned? BS?

You make it seem as if China's minorities are EXTREMELY suffering when in fact they have so many benefits the majority would only dream of having - BEING EXEMPT FROM THE ONE CHILD POLICY. DOES THAT NOT SAY ANYTHING TO YOU?

And let's not forgot - the Dalai Lama has stated that "TIBET NEEDS CHINA." Who are you to speak out for the Tibetans when the Dalai Lama himself has stated that. Oh, and did you read the article about Tibetan slaves? NOT ALL Tibetans live like how freetibet.org states it... Open your eyes.

Oh, and be my guest to Tibet. I've been there plenty of times. Speak to the locals... just wander off to some remote village in Tibet and speak to the locals. Ask them how their grandparents lived and ask them how their lives are now. You'll be surprised.

OWNED.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by k4rupt]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

This is to say that nothing a person eats will make them sick, give them a virus/bacteria/parasite, or make them "unclean"?

No, you'll have to go back and read it in the context of what is being discussed.

The context is quite clear and states that no food eaten will cause uncleanliness, only words that come from the mouth makes the body unclean. This not only means that every food is allowed, it means that no food exists in which impurities that would make the body unclean, sick, diseased, susceptible to parasites would exist. I could post hundreds of sources claiming that there are meats (and other foods) that will do so otherwise, but I'm sure you already know about it. Either one can argue that this is only to be taken metaphorically or literally, with the former implying that the dietary rules of the OT are still in effect, and the later implying that all foods are always clean to eat.

Also, I posted the new living translation, try the king james version if you want buit I think that can be even more cryptic.

I own many copies of the Bible and the same message is written in the KJV as well. You can also find another passage earlier in the same section under Matthew 15:11, which is similar in both KJV and NLT:

KJV: "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

NLT: "It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”

Both of these also confirm that nothing that is eaten (or put into the mouth) will make the body unclean, but only the words of a person will serve that purpose. Does this passage also dictate that oral sex would be considered clean as well, in the Christian faith?

Back to the topic at hand, if this is China's attempt at bettering its worldly image, then so be it. This could very well be the 'baby steps' taken to ensure that religious bodies are given attention and at least nominal rights in a Communist country. With China's ever growing economy, the world's sight will fixed onto the rights of religious groups as well the as the human rights of the Chinese public. Maybe this will ensure that all groups will have more rights in the future, compared to their stance in the People's Republic of China.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Did you see the pictures of Guantanamo Bay?
Does Guantanamo Bay describe WHAT the United States is? Does it describe how all of American-Muslims live in the United States? NO, so how does the personnel shooting of a few Tibetans describe exactly how Tibetans live in China? EXACTLY - OWNED.

There is a distinct difference that you are missing by comparing the two. On one had you have ENEMY COMBATANTS OF WAR, and on the other hand you have INNOCENT PEOPLE BEING PERSECUTED FOR THEIR BELIEFS, usually resulting in there demise! So when did we start comparing enemy combatants of war to innocent tibetans who are being shot dead just because they want to see the dalia lama?

I'm not defending ALL of China's actions - believe me. However, I am defending China from MISINFORMATION and biased, completely wrong picture of how China really is. I post facts and info whereas you post ignorant western views of China in the 60's. Times have changed - open your eyes.

Look, I fully believe that china is on the path to becoming a force to be reckoned with at least in a future sense. But why do you feel compelled to defend china? Its not like the communist government itself will write you a hand written letter thanking you for being a good little robot.

Must I post the article of Washington Post again?
". . . few Tibetans would welcome a return of the corrupt aristocratic clans that fled with him in 1959 and that comprise the bulk of his advisers. Many Tibetan farmers, for example, have no interest in surrendering the land they gained during China's land reform to the clans. Tibet's former slaves say they, too, don't want their former masters to return to power.
"I've already lived that life once before," said Wangchuk, a 67-year-old former slave who was wearing his best clothes for his yearly pilgrimage to Shigatse, one of the holiest sites of Tibetan Buddhism. He said he worshipped the Dalai Lama, but added, "I may not be free under Chinese communism, but I am better off than when I was a slave." "

You can post it till your blue in your face and you fingers start falling off. But is it not true that most western media outlets get much of their information from regurgitating CPRC themselves when it comes to actual figures? How about if they stray away from what the commies want them to say? People like you will call it propaganda?

And this is something completely different. But, is happening every day in china. The country, who you seem to think is just perfect.
news.bbc.co.uk...

China isn't rosy, but it's a lot more rosy than the cmopletely ignorant picture that YOU place.

No its not rosy. But you seem to think otherwise though.

OK, lets see how far off I was with what I said?

*China is getting rich at the expense of there environment, is that not true? Is it not true that AT LEAST 70-85% of rivers and lakes in china are deemed to 'hazardous' to drink and fish out of? Chinas industrial pollution is massive and is growing yearly.

*And china, suppressing its people who view the internet. Care to explain to me why the Chinese government sees it fit to put a lid on its vast growing populace that uses the internet?
www.cnn.com...

Here is your Washington post that claims Human rights in china worsened in 2006.
www.washingtonpost.com...
And heres a linke that says china is blocking the movie “The Departed” due to its mention of a Chinese plan to buy military equipment.
www.nytimes.com...

I've already owned alot of your misinformation. Remember stating that 700+ million Chinese live off a dollar? I showed you that only 10% of the Chinese population live off the poverty level, amounting to roughly 100 million. ACCORDING TO THE CIA FACT BOOK. owned? BS?

No you think you’ve “owned” what is misinformation to YOU.

But lets role with it, shall we? Owned(poor choice of a word on your part.)? Or chosen to use regurgitated propaganda that the CPRC itself would like the world to think? (Just look at the censorship to get an idea of what im saying) And in regards to the CIA fact book, where do you think they've gotten there figures from? That’s right, from the commies themselves. The commies who want a 'clean' virgin image in the run up of the 2008 Olympics. And it seems to be working. They have people like you who are clearly convinced.

And there is an estimated 1 billion ppl who dont feel the 'china boom' Those be the peasant farmers who are still living as if it were the 1800's.

You make it seem as if China's minorities are EXTREMELY suffering when in fact they have so many benefits the majority would only dream of having -

No not just the minoritys. Im still waiting for you to show me where I said the minoritys were 'suffering' more. I said that china is just putting on a 'show' to appease western nations (investors) from stereotypical views that hurts the false Chinese image.

BEING EXEMPT FROM THE ONE CHILD POLICY. DOES THAT NOT SAY ANYTHING TO YOU?

Well if I take you word for it, it means that they can hump like rabbits and have as many children as they so desire. What next? 2+2=4?

PS. Care to show me a link that validates that claim?

Hold on, not done with you yet.

[edit on 043131p://3701pm by semperfoo]

[edit on 043131p://3901pm by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Conintued.

And let's not forgot - the Dalai Lama has stated that "TIBET NEEDS CHINA.".

Now see thats where I have to disagree. Lets use a little common sense here. Have you ever thought that the reason why the dalia lama says that, is so the tibetans dont revolt against the commie government which would result in many tibetan deaths?

Read the link below. Its a Q&A with the Dalai lama himself.
www.meaus.com...

Open your eyes.

Okay Pat Robertson...."I can get a great look at a t-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull's ass but I'd rather take the butchers word for it." But you dont look much like a butcher. Ya get what im sayin?

OWNED.

Now this is a quite a peculiar thing to say. You said it before but you insist on saying it again. As if saying it will somehow shut me up, or somehow give you the "upper hand". Its quite funny. Your a legend in your own mind K4rupt.

Perhaps you shouldnt say things that you no nothing of? It makes you come off as... Erm. weak and childish. That inferiority complex of yours is rearing its nasty head.

[edit on 043131p://3801pm by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Last verbal warning gang. Personal baiting will reel in red flag warns.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

There is a distinct difference that you are missing by comparing the two. On one had you have ENEMY COMBATANTS OF WAR, and on the other hand you have INNOCENT PEOPLE BEING PERSECUTED FOR THEIR BELIEFS, usually resulting in there demise! So when did we start comparing enemy combatants of war to innocent tibetans who are being shot dead just because they want to see the dalia lama?

LOL, enemy combantants of war? You obviously don't know much about Gitmo... Some of those at Guantanamo are AMERICAN CITIZENS who have been labeled as "terrorists" and thrown into a prison WITHOUT trial.

Look, I fully believe that china is on the path to becoming a force to be reckoned with at least in a future sense. But why do you feel compelled to defend china? Its not like the communist government itself will write you a hand written letter thanking you for being a good little robot.

I'm not DEFENDING ALL OF China's actions against the Tibetans... I'm just coutnering the VASTLY ignorant and wrong and biased picture you paint of China.

You can post it till your blue in your face and you fingers start falling off. But is it not true that most western media outlets get much of their information from regurgitating CPRC themselves when it comes to actual figures? How about if they stray away from what the commies want them to say? People like you will call it propaganda?

And this is something completely different. But, is happening every day in china. The country, who you seem to think is just perfect.
news.bbc.co.uk...

LOL! Okay. So, when I post information that is not to your argumental benefit, it's considered "communist propaganda." Notice, I did use WASHINGTON POST as a source. This is HILLARIOUS!

No its not rosy. But you seem to think otherwise though.

OK, lets see how far off I was with what I said?

*China is getting rich at the expense of there environment, is that not true? Is it not true that AT LEAST 70-85% of rivers and lakes in china are deemed to 'hazardous' to drink and fish out of? Chinas industrial pollution is massive and is growing yearly.

Well... China is not the only one.

The United States accounts for 75% of hazardous wastes produced yearly... the United States is the greatest source of CO2 emissions BOTH PER CAPITA AND AS A WHOLE.

Hypocrisy.... LOL!

*And china, suppressing its people who view the internet. Care to explain to me why the Chinese government sees it fit to put a lid on its vast growing populace that uses the internet?
www.cnn.com...

How about the illegal phone spying on American citizens by the American gov't? One could use that and spew all sorts of b.s. about how Americans are being oppressed as well. LOL!

Here is your Washington post that claims Human rights in china worsened in 2006.
And heres a linke that says china is blocking the movie “The Departed” due to its mention of a Chinese plan to buy military equipment.
www.nytimes.com...

Again, when I post something that IS FRMO THE WASHINGTON POST that you don't like, you call it COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA. So, may I be so bold to state that what you post is Western Propaganda regardless of the source? LOL!

No you think you’ve “owned” what is misinformation to YOU.

LOL! It's not misinformation TO ME. It's misinformation PERIOD.

But lets role with it, shall we? Owned(poor choice of a word on your part.)? Or chosen to use regurgitated propaganda that the CPRC itself would like the world to think? (Just look at the censorship to get an idea of what im saying) And in regards to the CIA fact book, where do you think they've gotten there figures from? That’s right, from the commies themselves. The commies who want a 'clean' virgin image in the run up of the 2008 Olympics. And it seems to be working. They have people like you who are clearly convinced.

WOW. This is hillarious! Everything that is not want you want to hear is "communist propaganda." OH NO! THE COMMUNIST HAVE GOT THE CIA FACTBOOK AND IT IS NOW CONSIDERED COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA TOO! You are too funny...

It is a FACT. 10% of the Chinese population lives under the poverty level, not 50-60% as you state. I've given you a source that PROVED YOU WRONG and you state it is communist propaganda? Do you have a source that says 50-60% of Chinese live under a dollar? LOL!

And there is an estimated 1 billion ppl who dont feel the 'china boom' Those be the peasant farmers who are still living as if it were the 1800's.

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS INFO? LOL! Post a source, PLEASE, post a source. One billion peasants in China? WOW! The ignorance is TRULY UNBELIEVABLE.

No not just the minoritys. Im still waiting for you to show me where I said the minoritys were 'suffering' more. I said that china is just putting on a 'show' to appease western nations (investors) from stereotypical views that hurts the false Chinese image.

Exactly, stereoptical views that China is hurting it's minorities... so accoridng to you, China is appeasing it's MINORITY POPULATION (MUSLIMS) and I've just owned that... thank you.

Well if I take you word for it, it means that they can hump like rabbits and have as many children as they so desire. What next? 2+2=4?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Your arguments are pathetic... I gave you mines, and this is what you come up with? WOWWIE!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oh and semper, you want a source showing that minoirities are exempt from the One-Child policy? Here it is:

www.kaisernetwork.org...

OH how evil of the Communists!

Oh wait... OH WAIT.... The Chinese Communists have gotten that site too! it's ALL COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA! ROFL.

Jeez.. people WILL believe in what they want to believe - regardless of the proof given. There is no eradicatino of Western ignorance of the PRC... I'm always amazed at how great and vast it is, even here at ATS where we consider ourselves denier or ignorance. It seems like some of us are deniers of fact - labeling whatever we don't like as propaganda. LOL!

Let's see what you, semper, has listed as Chinese Propaganda.

A.) CIA FACT BOOK
B.) WASHINGTON POST

LOL, what's next semper, I'm just waiting... what is next, love.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by k4rupt

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

LOL, enemy combantants of war? You obviously don't know much about Gitmo... Some of those at Guantanamo are AMERICAN CITIZENS who have been labeled as "terrorists" and thrown into a prison WITHOUT trial.

Not my problem. First off prove to me that they are not terrorist. That’s just it, You cant. How about the MANY who are not American citizens, that are infact, enemy combatants? Do you just let them go too? Unfortunately, there have been some instances where soldiers have lost their lifes by second hand guessing whether or not ppl in custody at Gitmo are infact enemy combatants, this happens once they release the enemy combatants who then return to the battlefield to fight our forces that are stationed in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
Do you happen to have a figurative number as to how many ‘american citizens’ are currently in Gitmo? And just to clarify, Im not dismissing the fact that there may be American citizens at Gitmo. I have no doubt that there are.

I'm not DEFENDING ALL OF China's actions against the Tibetans... I'm just coutnering the VASTLY ignorant and wrong and biased picture you paint of China.

Yes you are. That is precisely what you are doing. You made that clear with your initial response about comparing enemy combatants of war to INNOCENT ppl being shot and killed just for wanting to see the dalia lama. There is a huge difference between ppl visiting an old friend and ppl who share an ideaology that mean us harm.

LOL! Okay. So, when I post information that is not to your argumental benefit, it's considered "communist propaganda." Notice, I did use WASHINGTON POST as a source. This is HILLARIOUS!

“LOL” all you want. It wont change a damn thing.
Your not listening to what im saying. Your taking bits and pieces of what im saying and running with it. What did I say about the source? Let me clarify since you seem to be in your “own little world”. I said that the figures that the source came from (the CIA factbook) are figures from the Chinese government themselves. And are not to be trusted. Why you ask? Because it is part of the fake image china trys portray that helps it get more investors. Its to make china look more lucrative.
Unlike me, you sir, are naïve.

Well... China is not the only one.

The United States accounts for 75% of hazardous wastes produced yearly... the United States is the greatest source of CO2 emissions BOTH PER CAPITA AND AS A WHOLE.

Soon to be passed by CHINA!!! Anyways, you dont take into account Americas ability to CLEAN UP its pollution and try to prevent it with state of the art technology. And Co2 emissions can and will someday be prevented as soon as we switch to an alternative fuel source.

China on the other hand doesn’t have such plan with its pollution. And it would seem they don’t much care about their environment. Its all about getting rich RIGHT NOW for china. Most manufactuers in china dont care about the environment. They get away with dumping stuff like "waste" in rivers and lakes. (something that would never happen in the states
) In china this happens on a grand scale. Also manufactuers in china burn stoves and furnaces with unrefined coal (much like the populous) and live in toxic pollutants that cause widespread respiratory problems. So its safe to say that America is much more cleaner then china due to the precautions we take to clean up our pollution where it starts. And like I have stated previously. As technology matures and becomes more efficient pollution will be even more containable. So unlike the US. Time is a luxury china doesn’t have with its massive population and current growth..

Also, it has been said that China will need to build 4 mid level powerplants per week for the next 50 years just to keep up with its energy demands.

Hypocrisy.... LOL!

Its only hypocritical if your not looking at the bigger picture.

How about the illegal phone spying on American citizens by the American gov't? One could use that and spew all sorts of b.s. about how Americans are being oppressed as well. LOL!

Yes, but you choose to ignore the reason behind the phone taps. What is chinas excuse for blocking certain internet sites that might promote “free thinkers”? Something china doesn’t have. And obviously doesn’t want, as it might hurt the communist dictatorship in the future. The people of china let the government do the thinking for them. (For instance the filtering of the internet.)
Your response will be something in line with “well its western propaganda” Well to that, I would say why not let the Chinese ppl decide for themselves?

Again, when I post something that IS FRMO THE WASHINGTON POST that you don't like, you call it COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA. So, may I be so bold to state that what you post is Western Propaganda regardless of the source? LOL!

Did you read it? Your source from the Washington posted pertained to what the dalai lama said. I countered that in my last post by giving you a Q&A with the dalai lama himself, and what he really said. And what he really thinks of china. What have you to say about that?
Also you merely quoted what was said on the Washington post.( much like I have) But you don’t see me crying “WHERES THE SOURCE”. See how contradicting you are?

LOL! It's not misinformation TO ME. It's misinformation PERIOD.

Prove it and I will happily concede defeat. You have yet to do so. All that you have done is said your little ‘clever’ ripped off trade mark line of “OWNED”. You are going to have to do much better then that to get your point acrossed. If I am wrong, then explain to me so that I may learn something. Instead you resort to childish remarks like ‘owned’ or ‘LOL’ and ‘HAHAHA’. One thing has been proven here, and that is your level of immaturity.

WOW. This is hillarious! Everything that is not want you want to hear is "communist propaganda." OH NO! THE COMMUNIST HAVE GOT THE CIA FACTBOOK AND IT IS NOW CONSIDERED COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA TOO! You are too funny...

It is communist propaganda. Why? Because it increases foreign investment in china. There have been many cases of this in china. Of course you are being naïve in thinking china is “GREAT”, what could possibly be wrong in the communist ruled, third world country, that has over 1.5 billion ppl? Now if you add that all up, you have the perfect ingredients for corruption. It has been said that china “manipulates” its markets to look more ‘lucrative’ to foreign investors, which in turn promotes growth, and makes the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

It is a FACT. 10% of the Chinese population lives under the poverty level, not 50-60% as you state. I've given you a source that PROVED YOU WRONG and you state it is communist propaganda? Do you have a source that says 50-60% of Chinese live under a dollar? LOL!

You gave me a “quote” that is was based off of….. The ChinComms statistics. The country that still doesn’t have a clear figure as to how many ppl are in its country. I really don’t know why I would lie about something so ridiculous. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Do you have a source that says 50-60% of Chinese live under a dollar? LOL!

This is a classic example of what I mean when I say that you are only seeing what you want and running with it. I never said they live under a dollar a day. That’s something you said.
Also like I touched up on, the wealth gap in china is widening. With the rich getting richer, While the poor are getting poorer. How is that? I mean If the country is doing as good as you claim it is why are fears being rasied of a social instability? More of your regurgitated communist propaganda possibly?

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS INFO? LOL! Post a source, PLEASE, post a source. One billion peasants in China? WOW! The ignorance is TRULY UNBELIEVABLE.

I don’t care if you believe me or not. Espeically on a message board like this. Im not going to lose sleep over it either way. I’m also not going to waste my time with you anymore.
The thing I find hysterical is how it clearly has you frusterated.
If it’s a lie why do you care so much to disprove it? Show me some of your factual evidence that validates what you are saying? Where are you sources? You typed EXACTLY what you have read in the past without providing a link (much like I have). Am I to just take your word for it. Honestly, I don’t care. Im not going to continue to argue with you over something as stupid as the chincomm peasant population and all the other crap that you choose to ignore.

Exactly, stereoptical views that China is hurting it's minorities... so accoridng to you, China is appeasing it's MINORITY POPULATION (MUSLIMS)

Okay, lets see here.. According to me, I said that china is trying to appease foreign investors with its half ass tactics of trying to look like it actually cares. Now, I know your not going to get what I just typed because you have managed to “F” it up the first 5 previous times. I know it would be asking to much for you to try and make sense of it all for a 6th straight time.
Unfortunately for you, third time is not a charm.
Im starting to feel like a broken record here.

owned that... thank you.

You did? You must walk around constantly confused 24/7, all the while arguing with yourself.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your honor, I rest my case… AHEM!! …… /\ /\ /\

[edit on 033131p://1801am by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Not my problem. First off prove to me that they are not terrorist. That’s just it, You cant.

The U.S. does not give those people a FAIR TRIAL or even A TRIAL for the matter... PROVE TO ME THEY ARE TERRORISTS before jailing them. So in your logic, prove to me those Tibetans crossing the border aren't defectors with the intent to damage national security instead of just going to visit the Dalai Lama... THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T. Owned by your own logic... ROFL!

How about the MANY who are not American citizens, that are infact, enemy combatants? Do you just let them go too?

No, you give them a FAIR TRIAL or JUST A DAMN TRIAL period.

Yes you are. That is precisely what you are doing. You made that clear with your initial response about comparing enemy combatants of war to INNOCENT ppl being shot and killed just for wanting to see the dalia lama. There is a huge difference between ppl visiting an old friend and ppl who share an ideaology that mean us harm.

No... I'm using your logic against you with the Tibetans... SIMPLE as that.

“LOL” all you want. It wont change a damn thing.
Your not listening to what im saying. Your taking bits and pieces of what im saying and running with it. What did I say about the source? Let me clarify since you seem to be in your “own little world”. I said that the figures that the source came from (the CIA factbook) are figures from the Chinese government themselves. And are not to be trusted. Why you ask? Because it is part of the fake image china trys portray that helps it get more investors. Its to make china look more lucrative.
Unlike me, you sir, are naïve.

Okay then, sir, PROVE TO ME that China's povety level is indeed 50-60% as you say. PROVE TO ME. Any sources? Any links? I showed you one from the CIA FActbook. You say it's untrue so SHOW ME A SOURCE THAT SHOWS WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE. Thats right..

Soon to be passed by CHINA!!! Anyways, you dont take into account Americas ability to CLEAN UP its pollution and try to prevent it with state of the art technology. And Co2 emissions can and will someday be prevented as soon as we switch to an alternative fuel source.

Uh... I doubt it. The U.S. accounts for 75% of producing ALL INDUSTRIALIZED WASTE IN THE WORLD. Not just between China. AND SOMEDAY is when? Didn't you watch an Inconvenient Truth? U.S. standards are even LOWER than that of Chinas. LOL!

Yes, but you choose to ignore the reason behind the phone taps. What is chinas excuse for blocking certain internet sites that might promote “free thinkers”? Something china doesn’t have. And obviously doesn’t want, as it might hurt the communist dictatorship in the future. The people of china let the government do the thinking for them. (For instance the filtering of the internet.)
Your response will be something in line with “well its western propaganda” Well to that, I would say why not let the Chinese ppl decide for themselves?

China blocks certain internet sites to ensure stability - that is their reason. So what is America's reason for tapping phones? Either way, its against the liberties and the laws of the nation... REGARDLESS of the reason behind it. BEN FRANKLIN: THOSE THAT ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP A LITTLE LIBERTY FOR TEMPORARY SECURITY DESERVE NEITHER.

Did you read it? Your source from the Washington posted pertained to what the dalai lama said. I countered that in my last post by giving you a Q&A with the dalai lama himself, and what he really said. And what he really thinks of china. What have you to say about that?
Also you merely quoted what was said on the Washington post.( much like I have) But you don’t see me crying “WHERES THE SOURCE”. See how contradicting you are?

That Q&A Was when? Dalai Lama stated Tibet needs China in early January 2007.

Prove it and I will happily concede defeat. You have yet to do so. All that you have done is said your little ‘clever’ ripped off trade mark line of “OWNED”. You are going to have to do much better then that to get your point acrossed. If I am wrong, then explain to me so that I may learn something. Instead you resort to childish remarks like ‘owned’ or ‘LOL’ and ‘HAHAHA’. One thing has been proven here, and that is your level of immaturity.

I have... I've showed you links AND YET you call them all COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA. You provided misinformation stating China's poverty level is 50-60% and yet you have no links or sources to prove so... You paint a picture that minorities are suffering - I provided links that owned that as well.

It is communist propaganda. Why? Because it increases foreign investment in china. There have been many cases of this in china. Of course you are being naïve in thinking china is “GREAT”, what could possibly be wrong in the communist ruled, third world country, that has over 1.5 billion ppl? Now if you add that all up, you have the perfect ingredients for corruption. It has been said that china “manipulates” its markets to look more ‘lucrative’ to foreign investors, which in turn promotes growth, and makes the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

ANyone else find this ridiculous? Any news that is pro-China in the Western Media is considered "propaganda" to you? So what, only negative news is considered okay? WOW.

This is a classic example of what I mean when I say that you are only seeing what you want and running with it. I never said they live under a dollar a day. That’s something you said.
Also like I touched up on, the wealth gap in china is widening. With the rich getting richer, While the poor are getting poorer. How is that? I mean If the country is doing as good as you claim it is why are fears being rasied of a social instability? More of your regurgitated communist propaganda possibly?

And yet NO SOURCE. WOW. You have no proof of you misinfo - China's poverty level is 50-60%? You stlil have no source to proove that. WOW. You stated there are a billion Chinese peasnats... that alone shows the level of knowledge you haev of the PRC. Then you go on stating that there are a billioon peasants that live off 1-2 dolalrs a day. Wow... I've gave you a LINK and SOURCE that debunked that, but yet you keep insisting it is true without giving any sources. GREAT!

[edit on 29-1-2007 by k4rupt]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The U.S. does not give those people a FAIR TRIAL

The terrorist do NOT have any rights.

or even A TRIAL for the matter... PROVE TO ME THEY ARE TERRORISTS

You prove to me they arnt!

before jailing them. So in your logic, prove to me those Tibetans crossing the border aren't defectors with the intent to damage national security instead of just going to visit the Dalai Lama...

Fisrt off, stop trying to read logic. Your horrible at it. Your just making a redundant ass out of yourself.

this is rediculous. So they just shoot them dead instead of trying to round them up humanely?

And if that were the case (they were defectors) wouldnt they disperse as soon as the chinese started shooting at them? did you even watch the video?

In the video it says the chinese soldiers have more then 20 victims. 7 of which are children. Explain to me why these 'defectors' as you call them would be brining children along with them?

There are too many inconsistencies with your scenario that are not being taken into account. "OWNED" "HAHAHA" "LOL" Why do I get the feeling im argueing with a total nerdr who actually thinks that makes them sound cool or righteous?

And what about the tibetan hidden in the tent scared sh*ttless? Yea, he really looks like a defector that wants to harm chinas national security. And again, how about the kids with them? Where do they fit into this "grand" scheme of yours.

THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T. Owned by your own logic... ROFL!

and the dream continues.

No, you give them a FAIR TRIAL or JUST A DAMN TRIAL period.

not up to me.

Okay then, sir, PROVE TO ME that China's povety level is indeed 50-60% as you say. PROVE TO ME. Any sources? Any links? I showed you one from the CIA FActbook. You say it's untrue so SHOW ME A SOURCE THAT SHOWS WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE. Thats right..

Your a bit redundant.

It is that. And quite frankly, I dont care if you believe it or not. You continuesly regurgitate commie propaganda.

Uh... I doubt it. The U.S. accounts for 75% of producing ALL INDUSTRIALIZED WASTE IN THE WORLD. Not just between China. AND SOMEDAY is when? Didn't you watch an Inconvenient Truth?
talk about taking a page out of your own book.

china exports its pollution all over the world.
www.corpwatch.org...

Bejing, Air pollution capital of the world.
www.guardian.co.uk...

But more you say?.
Oh theres more!

U.S. standards are even LOWER than that of Chinas.

your confused. You misplaced china with the US. What Grade A quailty ChinComm site did you pull that off of?

Imagine that. China actually LYING about its pollution problem to gain investment!
www.terradaily.com...

www.nytimes.com...< br />

China blocks certain internet sites to ensure stability - that is their reason.

OK....
"ensure stability" *Cough* "brain wash" *Cough*. thats stil a piss poor reason. China just wants that "when I sh*t, you sh*t too" mentality.

PS. What you just said was precisely in line with what I predicted you would say!
You really are to predictable.

So what is America's reason for tapping phones?

T-E-R-R-O-R-I-S-M.
(Homeland security.) Thought I already explained that in an earlier post.

ANyone else find this ridiculous?

Awww. Does k4rupt need some help in dealing with me?

Any news that is pro-China in the Western Media is considered "propaganda" to you? So what, only negative news is considered okay? WOW.

Yep. This coming from a guy whos country is built on the foundation of propaganda. Why do the commies see it fit to block certain internet sites, movies, libertys, religions, etc?

Move to china then. Im sure the bloody ChinComms have enough propaganda that will make you feel all warm and gushy about china till your hearts content.

And yet NO SOURCE. WOW. You have no proof of you misinfo -

I have a counter question to your source question. Can you find me a source other then the CIA factbook that claims otherwise? I know that seems a bit rediculous because in itself the chances of the source being regurgitated commie propaganda based off of the CIA factbook is still very high.

I already provided a source that backs up my claim that china right out lied/manipulated about things that may put "off" investors of the "great nation of china". (I just puked in my mouth a bit.)

I have, however read that there is an estimated 765,000,000,000 peasants in china. I read it in a book. thats how I role. It was in Times magazine or national Geographic. (its all they had in the damn waiting room)

k4rupt. Im going to have to give a big fat american

(OWNED HAHA LOL IM AN IDIOT!!! )

[edit on 093131p://5501pm by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I own many copies of the Bible and the same message is written in the KJV as well. You can also find another passage earlier in the same section under Matthew 15:11, which is similar in both KJV and NLT:

KJV: "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

NLT: "It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”

Both of these also confirm that nothing that is eaten (or put into the mouth) will make the body unclean, but only the words of a person will serve that purpose. Does this passage also dictate that oral sex would be considered clean as well, in the Christian faith?

Well, it's no wonder so many misintrepret the bible.

First, realize that "unclean" in this context is more synonymous with "unholy" or "sinful." Jesus was saying, in so many words, not to stick to the traditions so much, but really think about them. He was saying that it isntr adhering to the dietary requirements that makes you ok in God's eyes, it was what is in your heart that makes you righteous in God's eyes. It has nothing to do with food making you sick.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

And yet NO SOURCE. WOW. You have no proof of you misinfo - China's poverty level is 50-60%? You stlil have no source to proove that. WOW. You stated there are a billion Chinese peasnats... that alone shows the level of knowledge you haev of the PRC. Then you go on stating that there are a billioon peasants that live off 1-2 dolalrs a day. Wow... I've gave you a LINK and SOURCE that debunked that, but yet you keep insisting it is true without giving any sources. GREAT!

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. All of which the chinese government is guilty of.

Here are 'BOGUS' claims by the chinese government. (The Propaganda that ppl like you tend salivate over)

Damn lies and Chinese statistics
www.atimes.com...

China GDP Statistics
www.econbrowser.com...

Asia Times: China's GDP figures: Are they bogus?
www.clearharmony.net...

Why China Cooks The Books.
The reputation of the People's Republic as an economic powerhouse is based in part on pure bunk.
www.friendsoftibet.org...

Chinas economic information travels up through the bureaucracy, and every layer revises it to conform to the targets set by its superiors, So said another way, many of the figures are simply made up to suit the propaganda needs of the day. And given the above research that has been put into it to debunk it, straight out lies by the chincomms themselves.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heard the One About the 600,000 Chinese Engineers per year?

So the Chinese central government in Beijing had simply decided that 600,000 is the number of engineers they want China to graduate each year. "The government has told the provinces that they have to graduate more engineers, so the provinces tell the government what they want to hear."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for chinas pollution problems. I suggest a quick read at the below links.
China's breakneck growth has become globe's pollution problem, researchers say.
www.oregonlive.com.../base/news/115415085996620.xml&coll=7

Environment - Experts say China one day could account for a third of California's air pollution

What's it Going to Cost to Clean Up China?
www.businessweek.com...

Here are a few other links pertaining to chinas pollution problem.

The mainland's rapid growth has only worsened its environmental problems, and the government expects pollution to quadruple by 2020.
www.businessweek.com...'s+top+story

One big problem for China's regulators, as Standard Chartered's Greene points out, is that local environmental regulators owe their allegiance to local Communist Party officials who control budgets and promotions. "When SEPA attempts to investigate, fine, or close down polluting facilities, localities often simply ignore them," he says.

Pollution poisons China's progress
www.usatoday.com...

China's anti-pollution efforts stink
www.atimes.com...

However, when researchers in California report that on a given day 25% of the pollution littering the skies above Los Angeles has wafted over from China, the country's battle to clean up its degraded environment turns into a world war. It's not just China's trade imbalance that is commanding international attention these days; the country is also increasingly known as the world's greatest exporter of pollution.

Chinese misreporting masks dramatic decline in ocean fish catches, scientists say.
www.seaaroundus.org...

As for the 50-60% poverty level. Show me reliable statistics that it isnt atleast that much or more? Its all due to chinas F'ed up "one child policy" which leads to population undercounting resulting in bogus statistics. So prove to me there isnt 2 billion chinese in china? You cant, because of how the chincom government has lost count of its own population! that is one reason why you cant believe a damn thing they say. the CIA factbook figures (still havent seen the source yet) are based off of the bogus claims that come from china. So they report it as if it were infact fact when it is not. I think Ive shown that what the chinese government 'claims', are to be taken as nothing more then misinformation at best.

So can you yourself positively back up the statistics presented to you by the CIA factbook? How about these claims backed up by heavy research? You cant and wont find any, because, if the research is done correctly, will show that china is bullsh*tting the entire world with bogus claims. Its a fake image china wants to portray. Show me information contrary to mine (sources and all) and I will concede defeat.

And please dont get information that is from or based off of the CPRC claims. Ive already proven the grand corruptness that is going on in china to make china "look good".

[edit on 093131p://0201pm by semperfoo]

[edit on 093131p://1301pm by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The terrorist do NOT have any rights.

According to whom? The Geneva Conventions? You? The Bush Administration? Well, since you state that your self-labeled terrorists have no right, why can't the Chinese gov't state that their self-labeled defectors causing harm to national security have no rights as well. Owned by your own LOGIC.... AGAIN.

And still yet no other proof that there are indeed 700+ million Chinese peasnats living off a dollar a day EXCEPT FOR YOU STATING THAT YOU READ IT IN A MAGAZINE IN A WAITING ROOM.

GREAT. That is JUST GREAT.

I showed you proof from the CIA World Factbook, you coutnered saying ti was Communist Propaganda. And all you have to come up with is saying that you read it in a magzine somewhere. WOW.

your confused. You misplaced china with the US. What Grade A quailty ChinComm site did you pull that off of?

LOL! It's called "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore. US vehicle emisssion standards are even lower than that of China's... he even went on half-jokingly saying that the U.S. can't even sell cars IN China because the US DOESN'T MEET CHINESE STANDARD REQ. Oh wait, let me guess, Al Gore is working for the "ChiComms" as well to spread their propaganda. LOL!

OK.... "ensure stability" *Cough* "brain wash" *Cough*. thats stil a piss poor reason. China just wants that "when I sh*t, you sh*t too" mentality.
PS. What you just said was precisely in line with what I predicted you would say! You really are to predictable

T-E-R-R-O-R-I-S-M. (Homeland security.) Thought I already explained that in an earlier post.

What gives you the right to say Phone-tapping is for terrorism-prevention and at the same time NOT GIVE ME THE RIGHT to say internet censorship is for stability. Talk about a great way to debate.

china exports its pollution all over the world.
www.corpwatch.org...

Bejing, Air pollution capital of the world.
www.guardian.co.uk...

But more you say?. Oh theres more!

LOL. WAIT SEMPER! HOld your horses RIGHT THERE.

The United States is the LARGEST CO2 Emitter in the world BOTH PER CAPITA and AS A WHOLE. U.S. So what if China exports pollution all over the world and Beijing (ONE CITY) is the air pollution capital? The U.S. still is the largest POLLUTER and accoutns for 75% of hazardous waste production. HYPOCRISY AT ITS MAX!

www.epcc.pref.osaka.jp...

Or, better yet, watch An Inconvenient Truth.

As for the 50-60% poverty level. Show me reliable statistics that it isnt atleast that much or more?

I have... I showed you the CIA WORLD FACTBOOK. But you dissmissed it as Chinese propaganda. It's really getting ridiculous arguing with you. Anything that you don't deem in your benefit, you call propaganda while at the same time you post NO reliable source or link that shows China's poverty level is indeed at 50-60%.

Ridiculous... But hey, it's American way to argue eh? Deem whatever you don't feel like listening to as propaganda while showing no other proof.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by k4rupt]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

And still yet no other proof that there are indeed 700+ million Chinese peasnats living off a dollar a day EXCEPT FOR YOU STATING THAT YOU READ IT IN A MAGAZINE IN A WAITING ROOM.

GREAT. That is JUST GREAT.

I showed you proof from the CIA World Factbook, you coutnered saying ti was Communist Propaganda. And all you have to come up with is saying that you read it in a magzine somewhere. WOW.

And I pretty much debunked your CIA world factbook source by showing you Chinas bogus statistics that have no basis. (but not lacking in corruptness). (i.e. lying to gain investors!) They dont even have a clear cut figure as to how many ppl are in china. For all you know their could be 2 billion chinese if not more. the one child policy really screws up the population statistics as it is "under counting". Basically its china drawing a number from a hat and sticking with that number. I really wouldnt be suprised if that was the way they actually did it. (Maybe trimming the final # down a bit if they thought it would make china look more lucrative.
)

And even though that mag that I read in the waiting room was just that, a mag, I would still take there word over the proven lying commies anyday.

Im going to go ahead and be the bigger person here and end this. Its nothing personal on you. I just hate to see ppl defending liars. (you did have some pretty weak smack though:p)

I think its safe to say we respectfully agree to disagree. Your not going to change my views as im not going to change your views. Im sure this wont be the last time we disagree.
Next time though, do try to cut down on the level of immaturity. It really makes you sound dumb, pitiful you know, a dull tool when your saying things like (HAHA OWNED LOL). Kapeesh?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Didnt quite get it all written out the first time did ya?

US DOESN'T MEET CHINESE STANDARD REQ. Oh wait, let me guess, Al Gore is working for the "ChiComms" as well to spread their propaganda. LOL!

Well to that i would say show me some proof to back up a claim like that. And to Al I would ask him why 16 of the 20 most polluted cities are located in china and why that is? Must be them high standards them there chinese have for their automobiles!!

What gives you the right to say Phone-tapping is for terrorism-prevention and at the same time NOT GIVE ME THE RIGHT to say internet censorship is for stability. Talk about a great way to debate.

Ok because terrorist are going to attack china if they dont censor the internet. BRILLIANT!! I smell bullsh*t

Anyways, you call it stability I call it brainwashing. Now really, whats the difference?

LOL. WAIT SEMPER! HOld your horses RIGHT THERE.

Umm mebbe I dont have any horses?!

The United States is the LARGEST CO2 Emitter in the world BOTH PER CAPITA and AS A WHOLE. U.S. So what if China exports pollution all over the world and Beijing (ONE CITY) is the air pollution capital? The U.S. still is the largest POLLUTER and accoutns for 75% of hazardous waste production. HYPOCRISY AT ITS MAX!

Again, explain to me why 16 out of the 20 of the worlds most polluted cities are located in china?

Now while I do not disagree with your assertion that the US is the leader of c02 emissions, China is the largest emitter of industrialized pollution (which tends to be more deadlier). Beijing is just an example of things to come for china. And I think it should be mentioned that co2 is common in the atmosphere. But its safe to say that too much of it might not be a good thing. But the country that is molding itself after the US (tsk tsk china who is the worlds second largest emitters of co2) is on the same path as the US. But the pandemic would get considerably much worse with chinas 1.5 billlion + population.

Overall, SEPA estimates pollution costs China $200 billion a year, or 10% of its GDP.According to the World Bank, 16 of the world's 20 most polluted cities are in China, where poisoned air leads to 400,000 premature deaths every year. With car ownership in the country also soaring, experts say China will overtake the United States in the next decade as the world's greatest emitter of greenhouse gases, which scientists link to global warming.

China doesnt have $200,000,000,000 to donate per year to clean up its horrible quality of air. What will they do next? Pollute some more! Eureka!!

Or, better yet, watch An Inconvenient Truth.

To be honest I couldnt sit through two..two and a half hours listening to lisp boy talk.

Major props to you for actually listening to him!
I sure as hell couldnt.

Ridiculous... But hey, it's American way to argue eh? Deem whatever you don't feel like listening to as propaganda while showing no other proof.

I wouldnt have a problem with listening to it and actually considering it if it wasnt the chinese government that was behind the source. If they didnt have such a lousy track record of keeping truth to its actutal statistics I would possibly consider listening to it. But since thats not the case... Ive proven that china has out an right lied about things such as its economic growth along with many other things as well. But im just supposed to drop trouser and bend over and forget the actual facts. I guess thats the chinese way though?

Anyways, cheers...

[edit on 013131p://4001am by semperfoo]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Ok because terrorist are going to attack china if they dont censor the internet. BRILLIANT!! I smell bullsh*t

Anyways, you call it stability I call it brainwashing. Now really, whats the difference?

Ok, and because terrorists are giong to attack the United States if the President ILLEGALLY taps the phones of whoever he deems a "suspect?" It's called getting a warrant. I smell B.S..

And even though that mag that I read in the waiting room was just that, a mag, I would still take there word over the proven lying commies anyday.

You haven't even PROVED to me those statistics are actually from the "commies." Those statics are actually from the WORLD BANK. China's official estimates are much lower... But NOWHERE near 700 million.

Im going to go ahead and be the bigger person here and end this. Its nothing personal on you. I just hate to see ppl defending liars. (you did have some pretty weak smack though:p)

WAIT WAIT WAIT! *THIS IS A TRUE SHOCKER* I'm defending liars? Who's the one defending the Bush Administration for Gitmo and Phone tappings? LOL!

Again, explain to me why 16 out of the 20 of the worlds most polluted cities are located in china?

Hm.. Maybe because Chinese cities ARE A LOT MORE dense? Shanghai, is EIGHT TIMES as large as New York.

Imagine New York TIMES 8... wouldn't you think there'd be much more pollution?

REGARDLESS of that, look at the facts. The U.S. produces the most Co2... even if 16 of the 20 most polluted cities are in China, it doesn't derail the fact that the U.S. IS THE LARGEST POLLUTER. What part of that do you not understand?

And I pretty much debunked your CIA world factbook source by showing you Chinas bogus statistics that have no basis. (but not lacking in corruptness). (i.e. lying to gain investors!) They dont even have a clear cut figure as to how many ppl are in china. For all you know their could be 2 billion chinese if not more. the one child policy really screws up the population statistics as it is "under counting". Basically its china drawing a number from a hat and sticking with that number. I really wouldnt be suprised if that was the way they actually did it. (Maybe trimming the final # down a bit if they thought it would make china look more lucrative.)

How did you debunk my CIA WORLD FACTBOOK source? You have NO PROOF that the poverty level estimate is indeed "bogus statstic." Just because those other ones were, doesn't mean that this one is. No where in the CIA World Factbook do I see "Statistics received from the government of the People's Republic of China." So, if it WERE indeed "bogus" why the hell would the CIA even put that crap up? Is it because they are incompetent?

Oh, and time to own you right now: China officially has 23.65 million poeple living below the poverty line. The WORLD BANK HOWEVER, actually totals it 120 million to 130 million, using the internationally-accepted one US dollar per day guideline.

So again, I have no idea how you came up with 700 million and I am appalled that you would lie in your bubble of ignorance denying all the fact and proof I showed you as "propaganda."

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Around and around we go. YEEE -- HAW.

Ok, and because terrorists are giong to attack the United States if the President ILLEGALLY taps the phones of whoever he deems a "suspect?" It's called getting a warrant.

The phone taps are to gather intel on possible terrorist networks that could be working inside the US who might be planning attacks. Also known as "sleeper cells".

I smell B.S..

Thats just your upper lip.

WAIT WAIT WAIT! *THIS IS A TRUE SHOCKER* I'm defending liars? Who's the one defending the Bush Administration for Gitmo and Phone tappings? LOL!

Yes, you are defending 'proven' liars. Im not defending all of bushs policies.
I just happen to think that gitmo and the phone taps (which have been going on since the clinton administration) have there own meaningful purpose.

Imagine New York TIMES 8... wouldn't you think there'd be much more pollution?

Of course. Im not stupid. But china being the leading emitter in sulfur dioxide is also a big reason why china is such an ecological disaster.

REGARDLESS of that, look at the facts. The U.S. produces the most Co2... even if 16 of the 20 most polluted cities are in China, it doesn't derail the fact that the U.S. IS THE LARGEST POLLUTER. What part of that do you not understand?

China is the biggest emitter of sulfur dioxide, which causes acid rain. What next?

China's 'cancer villages' pay price
news.bbc.co.uk...

And it looks like china is to over take the US as the worlds #1 emitter of green house gases by 2009. A decade ahead of the previous predictions.
www.theage.com.au...

According to The New York Times, the agency forecasts that China's demand for coal to power its booming economy will see it overtake the United States as the biggest producer of carbon dioxide — the main greenhouse gas linked to global warming — in 2009, almost a decade ahead of previous predictions.

Oh, and time to own you right now: China officially has 23.65 million poeple living below the poverty line. The WORLD BANK HOWEVER, actually totals it 120 million to 130 million, using the internationally-accepted one US dollar per day guideline.
So again, I have no idea how you came up with 700 million and I am appalled that you would lie in your bubble of ignorance denying all the fact and proof I showed you as "propaganda."

Now this is your best argument right here. Hold on to it. I will pull that figure back then due to no reliable source to back me up. But, I will be the first to inform you if I run across a reliable source that claims that it is 'atleast' that much if not more. Still man, ya gotta admit that 130 mill is stilll alotta ppl that are being left in the dark.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join