It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF bombs 2 Hezbollah bunkers near border with Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Israel Defense Forces troops on Friday destroyed two Hezbollah bunkers discovered during searches in the area around the Lebanese border fence.

The IDF was combing the Katamon valley in the western part of the area surrounding the Lebanese border with Israel. One bunker had already been discovered during this summer's war, and the other was discovered on Wednesday.

The bunkers were both within Israel's territory, somewhere between the international border and the border fence. The bunkers housed supplies, food and tools that would enable a long stay underground.

Source

Israel is fully allowed to take out Hezbollah targets within it's own territory. Hopefully, it won't effect the fragile situation in Lebanon is a negative way.

Edit: - source

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I can't confirm this, but I have family living very close to the lebanese border, as well as cousins serving in the IDF.

They told me that since the ceasefire, nothing has been done by the international forces that the UN set up to stop weapons from being delivered to Hezbollah near the border.

Again, I can't confirm this, but this doesn't surprise me at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You are abosolutly correct.

I yelled, screamed and ranted and raved about this happening, but no one was willing to make sure it did not happen, except Israel.

I was told I was crazy and the International peacekeepers would stop terrorits and prevent them from getting new arms......

Now we can see these wonder/helpful muslim TERRORITS are trying to distroy the democraticly elected government.

They tried taking on Israel, but that didn't work-no matter what they say. All that did was to get 1000's killed all due to the muslium terrorits.

What next, they try to take down UAE or Saudi Arabia!!!!-friends of the West???

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Weren't the UN troops suppose to disband hezbollah by decree?

What are those troops doing in Lebanon?

Why were they even sent if they were going not competent to do the job specified?

This doesn't make sense to me. You might as well have sent these troops to Club Med for vacaction.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What you people expect, is not peace what is been wanted in the middle east but war.

So don't be surprise that nothing has been done.

new topics

top topics

join