It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opus Dei complains over BBC drama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Strange Story this,

Original article here - Opus Dei complains over BBC drama

Apparently a spokesman for Opus Dei had made a complaint against the BBC drama "Waking the Dead"
The complaint deals with misrepresentation of their religious group, which goes against the BBC standards of practice.

What I find strange, is that in the article it states the BBC had received no official complaint, which leads me to wonder, why is it on the BBC news website, if no complaint has been received.

There is also no mention of a persons name who made the complaint just "opus
dei"

It seems a strange thing that such a group would make a public claim, I'm beginning to think it could all be hype to improve the show ratings?

Wht do you all think?

-Melem

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by melem
It seems a strange thing that such a group would make a public claim, I'm beginning to think it could all be hype to improve the show ratings?

Very perceptive of you.

The BBC are so liberal I wouldn't put it past them to complain against themselves on behalf of someone else, someone who perhaps wasn't even offended in the first place!

However it is just as likely to be some smart hype. Good spot.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I could be wrong here so forgiveme if i am, when i heard the name "Opus Dei"on the news i instantly looked up as i was typing at the time, it was the first time i heard the name in Public?

But when the newsteam were mentioning this particular article is showed a picture of a woman(? do they have women in Opus Dei), she was around mid to late 40's pictured wearing a maroon coloured suit (jacket & skirt) hair colour mousey brown , shoulder length, i am quiet sure that they mention the name Ruth Kelly (secretary for education ex).

But like i say i could well be wrong?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ruth Kelly is. according to the times, a member of Opus Dei

Scientist are alarmed by Ruth Kelly's strict beliefs

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Of course there are women in OPus Dei, in fact they play a large role in the day to day activities.

They really do not bother anyone and it's surprising why there is so much attention drawn to them. The only interesting part is the self punishment that only a tiny % do to themselves the others just go on living their lives.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yes, women are allowed to be members of Opus Dei. It is open to Catholic clergy, religious, and laypersons willing to accept and abide by their Rule.

Zhenyghi, KHS

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spymaster
(? do they have women in Opus Dei),

My best friend is Opus Dei. Her whole family is. Girls .. guys ... young .. old.... white ... black ... all Opus Dei. They are good prayerful people. Nothing sinister.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I want to clear something up please.
I asked in my previous post, do they have women in Opus Dei?

This wasnt really a question, but it was a resposne to the O.P and i was trying to give an answere, but i didnt want to mislead anyone by sggesting that it was a certain person, who was a women, if infact Opus Dei were male only.
I was trying to explain what i thought i heard on the news in relation to the Original post.
(dont want to upset anyone) and i certainly wasnt saying that there shouldnt or couldnt be any Females in Opus Dei.
But i dont know enough about this group to suggest otherwise, and was merely relaying what i though i heard/saw.

I now know the Opus Dei does have many mnay women in it, sorry if i miss-lead anyone, jsut giving the info as i heard/saw it.

It turns out that Ruth Kelly is one of the "more" prominent female members in the UK.

Thanks

[edit on 26-1-2007 by spymaster]

new topics

top topics

join