It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Active Denial System - Star Wars In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

MOODY AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. -- The military calls its new weapon an "active denial system," but that's an understatement. It's a ray gun that shoots a beam that makes people feel as if they are about to catch fire.

Apart from causing that terrifying sensation, the technology is supposed to be harmless _ a non-lethal way to get enemies to drop their weapons.

The weapon is not expected to go into production until at least 2010, but all branches of the military have expressed interest in it, officials said.

Source

A few hours I found the above stated article about the Active Denial System. As you can read, it is supposed to be non-lethal.

This story reminds me of a Italian documentary I have seen last summer. It is about secret weapons that might have been used in Iraq. However, at the the eighteenth minute it's starting to get really interesting. What will happen if they are going to use those weapons for domestic use?

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If the military was going to engage the US population, why stop with this thing? The MLRS is even more effective at crowd control.

new topics

join