It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cabbies banning booze...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here's the article:

www.cnn.com...

So what do you guys think? Personally, I understand it's a religious issue for a Muslim.
But, these guys took cabbie jobs in America where since commercial flight began, tourists have walked off planes, bought booze and hopped in a cab. These cabbies might possibly be shooting themselves in the foot business-wise. Do you think their action is going to turn tourist off?????

Interesting line.....
"But Adan said he won't accept the idea that in America a cab driver should allow something his religion forbids."

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well if the passenger were drinking the alcohol that would be different, wouldn't it ?

If one is not consuming alcohol but is in possession of and acting in a responsible manner, and hires the cabbie then I think there should be no problem. The passenger and the cabbie are obeying the law. In Oz it is illegal to drink whilst driving and carry drinking passengers in a motor vehicle...same in the US yes ??

I think the argument, based on religion and put forth by the cabbies is at best discriminatory. We must all obey the legislation of the country we live and work in, but we do not have to be dictated to by religious zealots.

I do not like furcoats and the like...if I drive a cab I do not have the right to expel anyone wearing clothing or having accessories made from animal products just because I choose that belief system. I do not have the right to make a scene about it anywhere for that matter

These cabbies need to seek employment elsewhere if the possibility of encountering alcohol is contrary and such a threat to their belief system.

They will, in all probability get booted out if the industry because people will (and should) complain.

join