It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the libraries sleep beneath the paws of the Sphinx?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
okay i do understand what your saying, but if there is any such evidence to confirm or deny the existence of ant type of civilisation, to be found under the sphinx. and the egyptians do find it, does the fact that they live, have populated etc what is now called egypyt, mean that they own or can claim the rights to owning whatever may be found beneath it.......even if it pre-dates egypt itself. this is the bit i cant get to grips with.......

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dont know if this helps but i was watching a documentary on the discovery channel the other day and they did one of those clever things i forgot what it was called over the sphinx and the results were that there was nothing hollow in the actual sphinx or around it. If there was something under the sphinx dont you think that the thieves who took everything else from the pyramids would have taken anything else that was under the sphinx?
Just a thought...

Regards

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
hold on, i seem to remember rooms and passage ways have already been found beneath the paws of the sphinx isn't that what ths thread is all about. this originaly occured in 1995 didn't it??????????
slightly bemused

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is an absolutly fascinating dscussion with many valid points of view. On the subject of Edgar Cayce however, How do I put this......... He was a crackpot, among other thing he predicted

the arrival of Armageddon in 1999, followed by a new age and the Second Coming of Christ. He gave a trance "reading" which described a number of quite unimaginable natural catastrophes that would occur at the end of the 20th century. These included:

A shift in the world's axis around the year 2000, leading to: * Inundations of many coastal regions, caused by a drop in the landmass of about 30 feet combined with a melting of both polar ice caps, including: * The loss of much of England and Japan. * The flooding of northern Europe, which will happen very rapidly. * New land appearing off the east coast of North America, the so-called "rising of Atlantis". * The widespread destruction in Los Angeles, San Francisco and the destruction of Manhattan and disappearance of New York. * Volcanic eruptions in tropical regions and an increase in Pacific volcanic activity in the Pacific Rim. * A general warming of currently cool areas, and cooling of warm areas of the globe. The rest of the world will also undergo wrenching change:

"The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea." (Northern Europe) "will be changed in the twinkling of an eye ... many of the battlefields (Cayce was speaking in 1941) will carry on their trade with one another." "The earth will be broken up in many places ... there will be open waters in the northern portion of Greenland ... new land in the Caribbean Sea ... South America will be shaken from the uppermost portion to the end ... and in the Antarctic off Tierra Del Fuego will be land and a strait with rushing waters."

Cayce's prophecies of geological upheaval hinge on the tilting of the earth's axis. He saw that the shift would take place by the year 2001, causing drastic changes in climate. The signal for the shift will be the "breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea (South Pacific), and those as apparent in the rising of that which is almost opposite it, or in the Mediterranean."

The climate reversals are clear: "... where there have been those (areas) of frigid or semitropical (nature) will become more tropical, and moss and fern will grow

I don't know about you guys but I don't remember seeing any of this in the news the last 4 years. But then again maybe I just missed the end of the world

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
ah yes the great MR E.Price, don't know too much abot the guy to make any observations, i think i will just stick with what the MAYANs beleive......
december 2012 ( note to self cancel christmas) THE END OF THE WORLD....

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
sorry hisname was actually mr E CAYCE how could i have been so foolish

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
America should claim Egypt has WMD......invade them and take the Shpinx!!

Only joking, but seriously, instead of sitting here and moaning about it, we could all pressure our MP's/Congressman whatever to try and excert some pressure on Egypt to open up whatever may be there. They already know of the existence of the chambers, but refuse to open them up, and there is that tunnel in the Great Pyramid too, they refuse to open that up as well.

What do you think people? Better than sitting here at our computers talking about it, lets actually do something about it!!

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
seriously, instead of sitting here and moaning about it, we could all pressure our MP's/Congressman whatever to try and excert some pressure on Egypt to open up whatever may be there.

The Matrix has you Stumason. Out here in The Desert of the Real, not only do our legislators not care what we want, much less about Egypt, but they think we're idiots (and they're more right than wrong.)
They hardly even read the things they sign into law, and they STILL can't agree on most important issues, but when they do it's only accomplished by tagging a million riders on it in trade. But yeah, I'm sure that gaggle of morons will somehow come to an agreement that there is something there, and that Egypt should have to share- and then i'm sure they'll find a way to make Egypt listen.

I'll tell you what... let's just send some SEALs to blow up the Dome of the Rock and kick off to apocalypse. Once Israel is sitting atop the whole of Asia minor, ruling it in all of it's nuclear-green glory, we can ask them to let us into Giza (and if there's anything interesting there... they'll say no!).

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
this thread owns

incidentally, many astral travellers speak of a hidden city which lies underneath the great pyramid at giza, But is only accessible through the astral plain. I still aint managed to get as far as egypt yet whilst oobe'ing but i'm gona keep trying.

Damn the egyptian authorities

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If any tomes or books are to be found would they be of any value beyond a historical record of the time. Its not like you will find a book on fusion technology techniques of the time. Maybe if your lucky something might show in detail how the pyramids were built, over time with brute human labor.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
If any tomes or books are to be found would they be of any value beyond a historical record of the time.

Are you kidding?
The Jews were exiled in Egypt. It's possible (and probable) that Judaism, Christianity and Islam all stemmed from there. Imagine if there is documented proof.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Quote: "It's possible (and probable) that Judaism, Christianity and Islam all stemmed from there."

But of-course Leveler my friend & wouldn't people be shocked if our Religions & Technologies were given to us by (Or Derived from Knowledge given to us by) our "Space Friends" & if Our "Gods" & "Angels" & "Demons" were actually E.T. 's!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Has anyone see this picture before? Is it an artist's rendition of what might have been in the sphinx or was it secret. What's in the side hole of the sphinx? I do not know what the chambers mean because the book that it was scanned from did not elaborate on its contents. The only thing mentioned was that Adam was "Mena I" the first of the Pharoahs.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Has anyone else read the Emerald Tablets of Thoth?

www.crystalinks.com...

Thoth being the Egyptian god of wisdom, depicted as a man with the head of an Ibis. He was also known as the keeper of the sacred geometry and was attributed with teaching the ancient egyptians written language. www.crystalinks.com...

Within these tablets are explainations of the why and where several hidden chambers were built under the shpinx and the great pyramid.

-- Extract --

Few there would be with courage to dare it,
few pass the portal to dark Amenti.
Raised over the passage, I, a mighty pyramid,
using the power that overcomes Earth force (gravity).
Deep and yet deeper place I a force-house or chamber;
from it carved I a circular passage
reaching almost to the great summit.

There in the apex, set I the crystal,
sending the ray into the "Time-Space,"
drawing the force from out of the ether,
concentrating upon the gateway to Amenti.

Other chambers I built and left vacant to all seeming,
yet hidden within them are the keys to Amenti.
He who in courage would dare the dark realms,
let him be purified first by long fasting.

Lie in the sarcophagus of stone in my chamber.
Then reveal I to him the great mysteries.
Soon shall he follow to where I shall meet him,
even in the darkness of Earth shall I meet him, I,
Thoth, Lord of Wisdom, meet him and hold him
and dwell with him always.

Builded I the Great Pyramid,
patterned after the pyramid of Earth force,
burning eternally so that it, too,
might remain through the ages.

----

Quite a long read but it's oddly compelling.

[edit on 29/8/04 by SINthetyc]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
tablets of time and space, sound very beneficial. i think there would be TREMENDOUS information down there that regards certain things that would be held for question..

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Let's get Geraldo Rivera right on that.

He might be unavailable for that one. Supposedly, he is already in Afghanistan planning a special on the search for the lost vault of Al Quaida.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Someone may have already posted this, i didn't want to check all 40 some

posts. But Arceoligists used ground penetrating radar and found a very big

suprise that revolutionized the world:nothing

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOpposite
I remember reading in a book somewhere that there are libraries which lie underground beneath the sphinx's paws and hold all this esoteric information, but its forbidden to go in, or maybe it was burnt down...i don't quite remember, but if anyone knows more about it please lemme know

YES! NOT SLEEP---ATTEND (WAIT )

regards chapo

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
quote:YES! NOT SLEEP---ATTEND (WAIT )

back it up chapo

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I'm gonna throw you guys a twist here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ENJOY!

top topics