It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Station To Offer 'Terror-Free' Gas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
From www.newsnet5.com...

OMAHA, Neb. -- Area drivers will soon be able to fill up with gasoline made from "terror-free oil."

KETV in Omaha reports that a gas station is about to open near 129th and Q streets named Terror Free Oil, and the idea is to offer consumers petroleum products from countries that do not sponsor terror.

The gas station is associated with the Terror-Free Oil Initiative. The group's objective is to encourage Americans to buy gasoline that originated from countries that do not export or finance terrorism. A representative said that Omaha's will be the first of several terror-free oil gas stations to open across the country.

So, who are some of the oil companies that import this "terror" oil?

The following link provides the answer:
eia.gov

I'll offer my own twist to this story:

If you want to buy completely terror free gas, you better look for one that isn't selling gas made from US oil either. Because to an Iraqi, there is no greater terror than seeing the American war machine roll into town, fueled by oil profiteers: the true definition, imo, of "terrorist" oil.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well thanks for the link, I will be happy to buy gasoline from non-middle eastern countries just as soon as one becomes availiable here.

Edn

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yay another way for the oil company's to make more money, I just hope they don't bring this stupid idea to the UK.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
how are they making more money? you expect them to hand everything out for free? and i hope it goes to UK

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So...which countries actually support terrorists and which don't?

As far as I know there has never been any serious attempts at proving these claims by anyone. We are just supposed to believe that if there are terrorists in a country, that country's government must be supporting it. This is just downright wrong, IMHO. Governments are not out to sponsor idiots who blow up innocent people and make everybody look bad. Take OBL and AlQuaida for instance. It is widely believed that OBL is the financial backer of their operations, and he sure as hell doesn't represent any government. In fact, there is not even a network! There's just a few extremely dissilusioned angry people whith no support from any government or the masses. Remember those huuuuge bunkers they supposedly had all over Tora Bora? Not there... not even a cave of any decent size.

The idea that there is an international terrorist organisation with a mastermind leader planing to kill everyone and everything is just ridicilous. I can recomend watching the 3-part BBC documentary series The Power of Nightmares for some insight into how hyped up and fake this threat is. The Power of Nightmares 1/3

So what is my point? There is no such thing as terror or terror-free oil. It's just a hype to make you feel good about driving your SUV and supporting all those fine people in the oil industry

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
From www.newsnet5.com...

OMAHA, Neb. -- Area drivers will soon be able to fill up with gasoline made from "terror-free oil."

KETV in Omaha reports that a gas station is about to open near 129th and Q streets named Terror Free Oil, and the idea is to offer consumers petroleum products from countries that do not sponsor terror.

The gas station is associated with the Terror-Free Oil Initiative. The group's objective is to encourage Americans to buy gasoline that originated from countries that do not export or finance terrorism. A representative said that Omaha's will be the first of several terror-free oil gas stations to open across the country.

eia.gov

If you want to buy completely terror free gas, you better look for one that isn't selling gas made from US oil either. Because to an Iraqi, there is no greater terror than seeing the American war machine roll into town, fueled by oil profiteers: the true definition, imo, of "terrorist" oil.

There are many things that can cause a feeling of terror, but that's not what "terrorist" means.

www.google.com...:Terrorist&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Definitions of Terrorist on the Web:

One who utilizes the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives, while disguised as a civilian non-combatant. The use of a civilian disguise while on operations exempts the perpetrator from protection under the Geneva Conventions, and consequently if captured they are liable for prosecution as common criminals.
www.aeroflight.co.uk/definitions.htm

Use should be restricted specifically to references to people and nongovernmental organizations planning and executing acts of violence against civilian or noncombatant targets.
www.careerjournaleurope.com/columnists/styleandsubstance/glossary.html

a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Terrorism is a controversial and subjective term with multiple definitions. One definition means a violent action targetting civilians exclusively. Another definition is the use or threatened use of violence for the purpose of creating fear in order to achieve a political, economic, religious, or ideological goal. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist

[edit on 26-1-2007 by BlueRaja]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So it looks like the only option in the US is Sinclair Oil
www.terrorfreeoil.org...

HESS has algerian oil, yukos is russian, and 'flying j' is a truck stop gas and it might use oil from anywhere anyway.

Why is all middle eastern oil considered terror related? Jordan is much of a problem? Kuwait? Even Saudi Arabia, they're not enough of a problme to result in icy relations between our two governments.

They're not even really saying middle eastern oil, just Persian Gulf oil, there are central asian countries that might be giving money to terror groups that aren't persian gulf countries.

And, i mean, Yukos? Really. Yukos. No problems with the russian oil mob?

And I know the venezuela is unpopular, and is building up a political block that counters US influence in SA, but thats not the same as terrorism.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well thanks for the link, I will be happy to buy gasoline from non-middle eastern countries just as soon as one becomes availiable here.

I was under the impression that Canada was the largest exporter of oil to the States. No terror here, unless you consider Sidney Crosby, he's a terror for goalies.

Edn

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
how are they making more money? you expect them to hand everything out for free? and i hope it goes to UK
You don't expect them to sell 'terror free' fuel at the same price as normal fuel do you?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn

Originally posted by racerzeke
You don't expect them to sell 'terror free' fuel at the same price as normal fuel do you?

Exactly. This is just a new way of making oil "new and improved". I call BS. I hope it goes bankrupt.

Edn

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't think thats likely, you have to keep in mind that most Americans don't know any better, if there told 'terror free' fuel will somehow have an effect on reducing terrorism they will buy it.

I wouldn't be surprised if terror free fuel was the same as ordinary fuel anyway. Most places oil is drilled, barreled, shipped, processed and shipped to consumers, the country of origin doesn't play a heavy part in the process.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Citgo
It's terror free
It's Saudi free
It's the gas for me

The Saudi Elite are a bunch of dirtbags. They're all buddy buddy with Bush. They execute people for things like adultery, heresy, and other things that Islam forbids. Yet, they pay thousands of dollars to have sex with British and American models.
Anybody remember ol' one foot, Heather Mills Mc'Limpy.
Looky here

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Citgo
It's Saudi free

Is Saudi Arabia on the list? I wonder what the Bushs think of that? Isn't it funny how most of the terrorists on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia? If Saudi isn't on the list, then I call foul.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sounds to me like another "bottled watter" scam. How will consumers be sure that these gas stations aren't just supplying them regular oil from the "terror countries", but charging them for a higher price?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
From www.newsnet5.com...

eia.gov

As a citizen of Omaha, I have to say that I find this idea to be totally ridiculous. This gas station is about ten miles away from my house and its just... I don't even have words for it.

One thing you have to understand though is how Omaha is laid out. There are severall smaller sections that make up Omaha proper. This gas station is out in West O. For the most part, the city has expanded west, and West O is where all the people with a ton of money live. Im not saying that out of jealousy, I lived out there growing up, I know exactly what its like out in that part of town. In any case, for the most part people from other parts of town dont really associate with West O because they're very snobby. However, the location for this makes perfect sense because west O is about 95% republican. In fact as a kid going to high school in West O, I was once threatened with suspension for saying that I thought that Bush was a terrorist.

Anyway, I guess the point of this is is that most people here in Omaha think this idea is one of the dumbest in history. Also, every time Ive driven by that gas station, its never very busy, so hopefully this stupid thing will go away with time.

Find me any country in which the gas is truly terror free. Thanks. Dont dodge my questions and points like you do in every other thread that we both end up in either. I'd appreciate it.

I have a friend who works for the local news and he told me that they've started to do an investigative report on this... surprise surpise, its looking like all their gas is coming from various middle eastern countries. Ill update when I hear more.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Mezzanine]

One thing that Im actually really pissed about after doing more research is this...

Talk about using symbols to make people think they're remembering all those who died on 9/11... this is disgraceful. When Im out tonight, if Im on that side of town, Ill be sure to take some pictures of this gas station for you guys.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Mezzanine]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I was under the impression that Canada was the largest exporter of oil to the States. No terror here, unless you consider Sidney Crosby, he's a terror for goalies.

Pffft...

The most dangerous export of all... Celine Dion...

'Nuff said... Eh?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
[
The most dangerous export of all... Celine Dion...

'Nuff said... Eh?

last seen heading for Gitmo to tortur...... Er Sing to the detaines.

As noted above, the US actually gets alot of its oil from North and South America with only two countries making the top ten

This is simply a publicity stunt with little or no meaning in the real world, but in the consumer world???

Oil Imports

[edit on 1/26/07 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine

Find me any country in which the gas is truly terror free. Thanks. Dont dodge my questions and points like you do in every other thread that we both end up in either. I'd appreciate it.

Ok, so you want me to be more specific? I will NOT buy any oil from a country IN THE MIDDLE EAST that is ISLAMIC and has organizations like hezbollah and islamic jihad, specific enough for you?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Ok, so you want me to be more specific? I will NOT buy any oil from a country IN THE MIDDLE EAST that is ISLAMIC and has organizations like hezbollah and islamic jihad, specific enough for you?

What about a country like Kuwait or the United Arab Emirates? Or a country that doesn't have a nationalized oil industry but the Government still supports Hezhollah?
By the way, you saying that you wont buy anything from an Islamic country shows more about you and your apparent case of xenophobia than I could point out in a hundred threads. Good job.

PS. How do you know that the gas you buy now doesn't support terror. You said yourself that you don't have one of these gas stations near you yet, so how do you know where the oil that you're putting into your car is coming from? Isn't it entirely possible that you've been feeding money to the terror machine for years now? How does that make you feel?

Edit to fix up the screwed up quotes.

ALSO...

Sorry to everyone, I didn't end up going to that side of town tonight. I'm sure that I'll end up over there at some point this weekend as I have quite a few friends who live on that side of town, so I'll get pictures soon.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Mezzanine]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Careful. Taking pictures of a gas station might make you a "terror suspect."

Seriously, keep an eye on the gas station. If this new idea of their's fails and makes them lose costumers, see what new idea they will come up with next month.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join