It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion of history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'd like to do an experiment. I want to know how a person's political ideology affects their view of recent history. This is just a little poll in which I'd like you to state your political orientation, then rank the past five decades in order from 1. Best to 5. Worst.

For instance:

I'm generally liberal, and a Democrat. These are how I would rank the past six decades, including this one.

1. The 1990's(best)
2. The 1970's
3. The 1980's
4. The 2000's
5. The 1960's(worst)

I'd like your opinion on this. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am a Conservative Right-Wing Extremist!

Here is my list!

1. The 1980's - Ronald Reagan and the best economy ever.
2. The 2000's - Beginning of the War on Terror.
3. The 1990's - Clinton really didn't do anything bad or good. He did nothing period.
4. The 1960's - The beginning of the "Hate America" crowd.
5. The 1970's - Watergate, Jimmy Carter and the Malaise.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm revising my list with descriptions and one change in the order...

1. The 1990's(best) - The best economy ever.

2. The 1980's - MTV, and the second best economy ever.

3. The 1970's - This was a fun decade. Things got a lot better after Vietnam and Watergate ended, and disco took over.

4. The 2000's - The war on terror sucks. This is the second crappiest decade in history.

5. The 1960's(worst) - Vietnam, and the crappiest decade in history.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Flatwoods]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I class myself as a conservative liberal, this is a UK perspective.

1.1980’s - Jack the lad hadn’t yet become Darryl the Yob, the second British Invasion, 1st visible evidence of working class upward mobility, political correctness was still a tool of empowerment, aids related homophobia.

2. 1970’s - Sixties liberal attitudes and Conservative values tussled rigorously, everyone began questioning everything, social awareness went from an idea to an actuality, Glam Rock, Punk and Disco.

3. 1960’s - The party was starting, the first stirrings of challenging the status quo on all manner of things, class, sexual and racial, peace and love were a force for good rather than a flaw to be dismissed and walked over.

4. 2000 - Thatchers individual became the anti social thug or the fat cat pension robber, communities eroded by fear and lack of political will, political correctness is now the tool of the oppressor, religious wars back in vogue, the right are the new radicals.

5. 1990’s - Everyone just sat and discussed who should clean up the excess mess that resulted from the 60’s party but no one actually offered, manufactured pop, Tory family values found dead with an orange in it’s mouth, Blair began his ministry, Britain lost it’s stiff upper lip at Diana’s funeral.

top topics

join