It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old gets 10 years for having sex with 15 year old

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I live in Atlanta and I heard this story on the radio this morning. I heard he was going to be released after 2 years, then yesterday the Attorney General said he will not allow his release. So now his case is being appealed.

Pretty sad, they are taking this kids life away.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I personally think this is sad and uncalled for. I believe that means just about every American needs to be locked up for 10 years as well. Now I’m sure plenty of people waited till marriage just the same though 1000’s of people at that age preformed some type of sex.

Why did they choose this poor man to pick on. So sad.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Truth is, we'll never see the end of issues like this, because of a very simple disconnect between biological reality and social fiction: the human body and brain are programmed to start us out having sex at around 12-13. It's written right into our DNA. In almost every traditional human culture the age for transition to adulthood occurs at 13.

However according to our modern laws and taboos, people shouldn't be having sex until they're 18.

We deceive ourselves and defy nature at our peril...
We think we've moved forward, instead we've just found better strategies for kidding ourselves.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
man this guy is innocent, i mean i had a girl friend that was 15 when i was 17...its just nuts

and did you guys hear that Jamie Spears is pregnate...

yea thats right she is 16 years old and got pregnate by her boyfriend of 19!!!! year of age...and they dont get any drama from the court system

On December 18, 2007, it was announced in an article in OK! Magazine that 16-year old Jamie Lynn was 12 weeks pregnant.[4]

She and her mother spoke to the magazine in an exclusive interview. Nickelodeon, the network that carries Spears' series Zoey 101, issued the following statement shortly after the announcement:[5][6][7][8]

"We respect Jamie-Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being."

The father is Casey Aldridge, 19, Jamie Lynn's longtime boyfriend,[9] whom she met through church.[4] [10] Because Spears was legally still a minor, and the three-year age difference, Aldridge could be charged with statutory rape, but prosecutors may be unlikely to do so.[11][12]

en.wikipedia.org...

"But prosecutors may be unlikely to do so"

why because they are rich, because they are white, because they are famous??/

This system is messed up beyond belief!

That poor 17 year old had his whole life ahead of him, he goes to jail and gets his entire life ruined from a blow job while this 19 year old has sex with Jaimie spears at 16 years of age and gets her impregnated and doesn't even get a slap on the wrists

And the thing is i dont no how it is rape, i mean he probably knew the girl and she probably WANTED to give him a bj...you can really force someone to give you one, and if you do they could always chomp on it.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I spent a little time in Georgia, and I can just tell you, the high school girls down there are all about sex and drugs, nothing else for them, nothing else at all.

My best friend down there married his teenage sweetheart, she started dating him at 13, he was 16 or 17 or something at the time. They have a kid, nice happy life, for living in the sticks.

My nieces crew of friends, six lesbian drug fiends, well bi, they had some emo kid they dressed in womens clothes and did god knows what else with. Age ranges from 12 to 15 and jumping each others bones with drugs they get in public school.

My nephew told about the sex the negro kids have in the sixth grade classroom right in front of him when the teacher left the room. One day when I called that school to find out what his research paper was supposed to be on, they said they were too busy to talk because they had a shooting...this is 11 year olds.

Georgia is a backwater hellhole, if you are passing through, don't stop.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This was on the recent postings but didn't have an update to it...

On October 26, 2007, the Georgia State Supreme Court ruled 4-3 that Wilson's sentence was cruel and unusual, and ordered him released.[24] He was released from prison in the late afternoon that day.

From Wikipedia

Looks like maybe the petition worked... Looks like he's out..('
')

gotta love people standing together...

[edit on 12-1-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluecruiser

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Consensual sex between people just a couple of years apart should not be a crime, at the very most it should be a misdemeanor.

Does that include sex between a 13 year old and an eleven year old? What if the eleven year old is your daughter? While I agree that the boy got a raw deal, maybe he'll learn to exercise a little self control next time.

The only problem with that logic is that it would be completely ridiculous to charge a 13 year old with something like that. Are not the parents responsible for children who are 13? Why don't we charge them toowhile we're at it? In my opinion, if a 13 yr old and a 11 year old are having sex they're both victims in some form.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sometimes things like this are better left ignored. If the parents want to charge it, then fine, but if everybody is okay with what's going on, no one is being abused... then... let it be.

There is a huge suppression of sexuality in preteens and teenagers. In most states, 16 is now consensual with or without an additional 2 year or 4 year rule (if they are over 4 years older, then no can do).

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's funny in a sad way...

The places with the harshest laws on sex and drugs always seem to be the same places where there is absolutely nothing else whatsoever to do...

Police should have NO place in ANY kind of consensual sex unless there is coercion that can be shown...

Not by age, not by gender, not by type of sex...

what 2 people agree to do together is no ones business but their own

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Did they end up together after he was released?

Could make a great 'based on a real story' movie if they did...

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When I was 16 my girlfriend was 18, we had sex, was she a criminal? Nope, believe me, she was anything but. Did she force or coerce me? Have I had any longstanding effects from our relationship? Nope, nothing but fond memories. I'm happily married and so is she, different people of course, but she was certainly no criminal.

What in God's name is wrong with this country's legal system?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
...What in God's name is wrong with this country's legal system?

They no longer want to punish REAL criminals. You see, if that kid was out, they'd have room for one more REAL child molester, or murderer, or rapist, or burglar, or thief.

You think that is NOT the case? Go into any courtroom in America. While in that courtroom, watch how they give repeat offenders slaps on the wrist, while they throw the book at people who just screwed up once, and (you can tell) aren't going to do it again.

The county I live in has a habit of putting child molesters on house arrest and probation, while making drunk drivers serve time. Which would you prefer in your neighborhood, a guy who had a few too many, or a person that liked to have sex with children? I know which one is less of a threat to the community, I'll tell you that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join