It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion Poll. Do You really want to know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'd like to know the truth about alien contact and who was really behind the assasination of kennedy, the death of princess diana, etc, etc. but if an asteroid was going to destroy the earth then I wouldn't want to know till the last possible minute, just giving me time to tell my loved ones how much they mean to me and to make sure I was with them at the end.
I suppose that if the government ever did want to let us know something that they have been hiding for years, it would be hard for them to give the information out without it looking bad for them for having kept it from us. Unless they passed it off as new evidence.
I like to think that if there is an afterlife then we will find the answers to some of our questions .It would be awful if we had to go through eternity never really knowing what it's all about.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Well.......Losonczy if Ted Bundy is in your neighborhood he's a ghost. He met his maker long ago.

I think he was referring to the Ted Bundy archtype. I believe there are only a handful of archtypes in the world at one time. Genius archtypes, maniacal dictator archtypes, mass-murdering serial killer archtypes, musical savant archtypes, etc. It's like natures way of balance. Not everyone can be the epitome of good/evil/genius at the same time.
(I know this is a weird theory, but I'm weird too.)

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency
Hello All,

Let's assume that the world's governments have secrets.

They keep these secrets based on their definition of national security.

If you could would you really want to know them?

hrxll

Whenever "the governement" (or actually elements of..) are up to something, you can bet those involved only see a small piece of the puzzle. The right hand never knows what the left is doing. That's plausible deniability. You cannot spill what you do not know. That is how secrets are kept.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What if the truth is out there but nobody wants to believe it?

Could that also not be true?

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If the Gov't were really aliens from another galaxy whose plan was to erradicate all human existance from the face of the earth, i really wouldn't be surprised. Nothing surprises me anymore ...

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

There are enough peices of the puzzle available to understand the game.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No.
New Zealand needs every advantage it can get. If we find your secrets, tough. Do a better job.

If you find our secrets, we need to do a better job.

So no.

(Im not quite sure of the relevance of what I've written here).

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yes, I Really want to know. Ignoance leads to fear of the unknown. Now, I will agree there are some "legitiment" secrets that we still should keep out of the general public for security reasons, but I beleive ALL Governments overdew it with Secrets and Lies!\

For Example: There is a logical reason to keep the blueprints for the B-2 Stealth Bomber out of general circulation. However that doesn't mean that they should be allowed to fly a Mach 5 test plane over my house while I'm sleeping and tell me it's not my busness.

Tim

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The search for "truth" is a flaw in our programming.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   

THENEO .. What is the frigging truth though??!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hell Yeah I want know the truth!

About everything. No matter how messed up or ugly it is. I want to know.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A great place i'd Love to go would be the underground archives of the Vatican. There are Libraries full of books no one has ever seen or 'rarely' ever had the chance to. Who knows, there could be info dating back to the Library of Alexandria in there!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I agree with Superman, errr Ocelot. Spill it, digest and move on.

But for the posters worried about a Saddam or Castro finding out.... I took the thread to mean on Aliens, or the nature of God or whatnot.

Not important stuff!

If we learned God was an Alien named Theodore and came back every 10,000 years to check in, why hide it? Tell Osama and maybe he'll get with the program.

[And I agree Sapphire...I could live in the Vatican archives or Smithsonian or the tunnel between the two by way of the Pentagon
]

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I would want to know,

not so much to have the knowledge of,

but to finally put to rest all those other
nagging questions that never seem to get answered.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
"A person is smart, people are dumb"

I agree to that statement. People are as dumb as you think if they converge as a group. Sometimes with holding information is the best thing to do in certain circustances.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

THENEO .. What is the frigging truth though??!

Abraham Lincon is acutally a leprakaun prince and it is said that his body his buried along with his secret gold in the 7th level of the dungeons of the Smithsonian. And that to those seeking the treasure, must fight against terrible horrors and a giant level 35 Fire Dragon. Be sure to bring lot's of healing potions.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I wonder how close an asteroid would need to get before we could see it? Would we see it?

Some questions dont have anwers.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Abraham Lincon is acutally a leprakaun prince and it is said that his body his buried along with his secret gold in the 7th level of the dungeons of the Smithsonian. And that to those seeking the treasure, must fight against terrible horrors and a giant level 35 Fire Dragon. Be sure to bring lot's of healing potions.

ROFL! Nice one!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join