It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion Poll. Do You really want to know?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hello All,

Let's assume that the world's governments have secrets.

They keep these secrets based on their definition of national security.

If you could would you really want to know them?

hrxll

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yep. I wanna learn of something so unnerving going down that I flip my lid and become a pyschotic shell of a man.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes I would want to know them. I am curious just like anyone else. That doesnt mean I deserve to know them, or should know them.

It seems to me that a prevailing opinion that nothing is too important for everyone to know floats around this board. I would say that there are definitely things that are best kept secret in the name of national security, and in turn our security.

Besides, if we dont know it, then we cant know anything about it. We cant know what it relates to. We cant know how it will affect us. We cant know the results of gaining knowledge from information that we dont even know exists.

To put a 180 degree spin on that, we cant know the benifits of that same knowledge either..........

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency
Hello All,

Let's assume that the world's governments have secrets.

They keep these secrets based on their definition of national security.

If you could would you really want to know them?

hrxll

Yes I do. I want to know if Ted Bundy is in my neighborhood, if nukes are careening toward my house. I want to know all of it....so I don't leave any important words unsaid.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
For good or bad, I want to know as much as possible. I wouldn't care if that secret government knowledge dealt with the piss-poor economy, to the Washington Mounument being an alien satilite reciever.

Some things may not be for public knowledge. That doesn't mean I wouldn't still try to find out.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes.

If they are capable of handling and coping with whatever that knowledge entails, then so are 75% of the population.

We are not dumb animals prone to panic as they want us to perceive ourselves

It is all about control.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure what percentage of the population can handle the truth but obviously they are not presently being satisfied.

Of course it is about control, all the powerful and wealthy live on the backs of others in one way or other. Thus, control is important. Sometimes this control is for the greater good, sometimes we the controlled agree to this and sometimes it just happens that somebody must call the shots.

Some people claim that there is lots of room at the top but I seriously doubt this for obvious reasons.

What if the truth was so bleak that it would cause many people to give up? Do our leaders owe us lies in order to keep the wheels turning, in order to keep the system going? The more I think of this stuff the less easy the answers become for each side. Maybe that is why we must put the 'body' in the proper perspective rather than subjugate ourselves to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yes of course.

If I wanted to bury my head in the sand I'd wouldn't be here atempting to Deny Ignorance.

I'd be watching friends, sending money to Jerry Falwell and reading The Weekly World News!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Or you could be reading rantings by Michael Moore or slobbering at some black sabbath of the satanic church.

I agree what a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Tell me everything I want to know all of the secret things we are not presently privvy to!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
No.

If they're THAT accessible, then it would imply that Saddam could find out and Osama could find out and Castro could find out and every nutcase on the planet with a gun and a cause could find out. Frankly, I don't want that info handed out freely to people like Osama and the Taliban.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah....... I would like to know the truth. Maybe it would be better than what I imagine

Yes I do. I want to know if Ted Bundy is in my neighborhood, if nukes are careening toward my house. I want to know all of it....so I don't leave any important words unsaid.

Well.......Losonczy if Ted Bundy is in your neighborhood he's a ghost. He met his maker long ago.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I would want to know all. I can handle the truth. I don't think the government hides stuff because we can't handle it, they hide stuff to save face and political careers and for matters of National Security.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm here only for the reason of knowing what is kept hidden from me.

Earth shattering revelations I really don't expect to get. I already know ETs are coming here. I am just awaiting official government acknowledgement of the subject and subsequent details pertaining to this.

No matter what, I'm more than capable of handling whatever information is held for reasons of national security.

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
YES, of course.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
No.

If they're THAT accessible, then it would imply that Saddam could find out and Osama could find out and Castro could find out and every nutcase on the planet with a gun and a cause could find out. Frankly, I don't want that info handed out freely to people like Osama and the Taliban.

Byrd, I understand your point but I am guessing that what was meant by the question is if YOU wanted to know. Not that all secrets would be publicly released or something. Atleast that is how I understood it.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just because people are placed, or place themselves, in a higher position than us in the government doesn't mean that they can decieve the whole country with all their bull# to cover there dirty secrets. Thats not what our leaders of. Of course I want to know!!

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Absolutely. I would love going through the most secret files of major powers in world.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No, I wouldnt want to know. I guess I really would deep down inside, but National Security is more important IMO than my evil views and desire to learn more. Anyways, what fun would it be to speculate about this crap anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
"based on their definition of national security"

Ah, let's not be foolish.

Would I like to know the truth? Absolutely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join