It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosie O'Donnell calls for the Impeachment of President Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I can't stand rosie and I'm shocked she said something I agree with. Of course he should be impeached we are still talking about the guy who took us to war with a country that didn't attack us or have anything to do with 9-11 right? I like how barbra walters tried to defend bush when rosie said something about how we impeached clinton just for getting a little lovin, barbra said no it's because he lied. How funny is that like Bush hasn't lied about almost everything!

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Scrub]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scrub
I like how barbra walters tried to defend bush when rosie said something about how we impeached clinton just for getting a little lovin, barbra said no it's because he lied.
[edit on 26-1-2007 by Scrub]

This makes my earlier point exactly. Here we have a Hollywood Type - Rosie - who doesn't even have her historical facts right (it was for lying under oath to a grand jury). But she's out there like Barbra Striesand, or one of the Baldwins (have they left the country yet?) trying to tell us how we should think and vote.

[edit on 1/26/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's so easy for real issues to get diluted in today's world. See, today's world is celebrity obsessed. If I put out a press release saying "Impeach Bush Now!" people would either not pay attention, or just say uh ok man. But in the celebrity obsessed world where Britney Spear's lack of underpants made more headlines then the Democrats regaining control of Congress, suddenly this person's opinion "means" something.

People like Rosie do not understand reality. They don't understand that by them weighing in on an issue does not help it.

There are two kinds of people, those who will agree and those will disagree. The ones who disagree aren't going to suddenly say "yeah man! impeach Bush" because she said so. The ones who agree already felt that way. So frankly, her involvement here is worthless and will not help accomplish anything.

On the other hand... let's evaluate why her involvement could damage the aforementioned platform. She is an entertainer, not a politician and as is the case with most American "celebrities" she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. Clinton was impeached for getting some? Did you forget that whole little perjury thing? Oopsie! Unfortunately there's no cut and re-film here lady. When ill-informed "Celebrities" get involved they dilute the messages and distort things.

Add that to the fact that Rosie has done NOTHING this year besides get her name in the headlines for antagonizing others and once again you have the messenger damaging the message. Clay Aiken and Kelly Ripa blew over, now Trump is blowing over, so... Rosie needs to keep her big mouth reputation alive, let's go for Bush!

I'm not defending the actions of Bush as President, in fact after 4 years on ATS most of you know my opinions on politicians in general, but quite frankly the only group I like less than politicians is jabberjaw "Celebrities" who believe that because of their status they know everything.

Stick to entertaining. President Bush's popularity level is pitiful. Most Americans think he's doing a horrible job. If he does something impeachable why don't you leave it to qualified people.

Oh and another note for all those who don't "get it", you can't impeach someone because you think they suck. Those people are the ones you vote out. The Constitution clearly spells out impeachment procedures and there's reasons it's been kinda rare...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
Rosie O'Donnell the host of ABC's "The View" is calling for the impeachment of president Bush the comments came after president Bush's state of the union address caused a heated debate on the show, O'Donnell also called for others to stand up and call for Bush's impeachment also.

www.firstcoastnews.com
In a statement to her ABC audience on "The View" Rosie said, “We've given you [Bush] 4 years and 3,000 American lives, enough sir.”

The comment's came after President Bush's State of the Union Address Monday night caused a heated debate on the set of "The View."

Rosie went further to say, “You know what I think the Congress should do, and I'm sure this will make me in some sort of celebrity feud or AOL poll, but someone, I believe, should call for the impeachment of George W. Bush, to let the world know.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Whether or not you like president Bush the time for calling for the impeachment of the president is poor with the war going on in Iraq and people with loved ones over there besides Bush's term is almost up anyway O'Donnell's call comes to late in the game.

Related News Links:
www.wcsh6.com

[edit on 26-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

I for one am tired of all the impeachment and recall efforts against elected officials across all levels of government. Impeachment is meant for serious, obvious breaches of law committed by a President. Not a "hey we don't like the guy anymore" approach. I'm am not a Bush supporter and did not vote for him in either election. However the American voters re-elected him a few years ago and we were already at war in Iraq ... so if there was such an outcry the public had their chance in 04 elections.

It seems that people misunderstand the "power of the people" and the idea of a government "by the people". If you don't agree with what an elected official does, what laws they pass or don't pass then your power is the ability to not vote for this individual and put someone else into power during next election.

It wasn't too long ago that Calif Governor Davis was recalled just 6 months after he won an election with 48% of the vote. 60% of people voted to recall him. That always confused me .. some of those idiots had to have voted for him just 6 months prior ... nothing had changed in those 6 months other than a personally funded major signature gathering campaign for a recall intiative.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
This makes my earlier point exactly. Here we have a Hollywood Type - Rosie - who doesn't even have her historical facts right (it was for lying under oath to a grand jury).

I agree with you but would like to mention that under the 9/11 commission investigation, neither Bush nor Cheney had to testify under oath. I wonder how many lies were told that day?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by centurion1211
This makes my earlier point exactly. Here we have a Hollywood Type - Rosie - who doesn't even have her historical facts right (it was for lying under oath to a grand jury).

I agree with you but would like to mention that under the 9/11 commission investigation, neither Bush nor Cheney had to testify under oath. I wonder how many lies were told that day?

Have they ever testified under oath? I have been under the impression they refuse to testify under oath.

I used to be a fan. I liked her in Another Stakeout. That movie was hilarious.

I subscribed to her magazine when it came out. I never did receive the full subscription and then got that magazine with Richard Gere on the front cover and it said farewell issue. The magazine never did give refunds. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe presidents should have to proceed in their jobs from now on as though they were under oath and if they're caught in a lie, we can impeach them.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Have they ever testified under oath? I have been under the impression they refuse to testify under oath.

I don't believe they have ever testified under oath.

I too used to be a Rosie fan until she came out. I'm gay myself so that isn't the reason. It's just like Ellen, as soon as they both came out, everything was gay this, gay that. Why do we need the labels?

Anyway, I don't agree with her about impeaching Bush. Then we'd have to deal with President Cheney. No thanks. I say just vote to get these people out of office.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
never been a fan of hers but always figured hey, 1st amendment and all that. then in my opinion she started abusing her celebrity. remember the 'furbies blow'? ordeal. who is she to go out of her way to damage any other companies sales becuase she doesnt like a product? but that was minor to me.

waht really got me was how she blasted tom selleck for his support of the NRA. ok, fine. you dont like guns, dont own one. but, what REALLY got me was when i thought about the fact that her body guard id almost BET carries a gun. (think someone actually found out that he does in fact but i cant cite a reference so ill go with a hunch on this one). ok, that tells me that she feels that HER safety is more important than MY safety or YOUR safety. screw that, she puts her pants on one leg at a time jsut like we do. my personal belief is that anyone who has to wipe themselves (the very old or disabled not withstanding) after they use the toilet is NO more special than i am so for her to decry the evils of guns yet have an armed body guard is the worst form of hypocrisy there is to me.

so while i respect her RIGHTS to say what she wants, its my right to agree or disagree with her.

so, do i agree with her on this? im still up in the air. i may feel the pres has some tough questions to answer but i wont go nuts over an impeachment just cuz rosie wants it.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
waht really got me was how she blasted tom selleck for his support of the NRA. ok, fine. you dont like guns, dont own one. but, what REALLY got me was when i thought about the fact that her body guard id almost BET carries a gun. (think someone actually found out that he does in fact but i cant cite a reference so ill go with a hunch on this one). ok, that tells me that she feels that HER safety is more important than MY safety or YOUR safety. screw that, she puts her pants on one leg at a time jsut like we do. my personal belief is that anyone who has to wipe themselves (the very old or disabled not withstanding) after they use the toilet is NO more special than i am so for her to decry the evils of guns yet have an armed body guard is the worst form of hypocrisy there is to me.

Found this litte gem on Wikipedia ... I'm not sure what her stance on gun control is but apparently it is acceptable for her bodygaurd to be armed to take her and her family around. I guess the rest of the world just needs to be disarmed so she can be safe!

While Rosie was publicly calling for the banning of all guns and for gun owners to be jailed, the private bodyguard that she employed was applying to carrying a concealed handgun. Rosie claimed that the bodyguard needed to be armed because of threats made against her.

WikiPedia - Rosie O'Donnel - Gun Controversy

Personally I don't watch Rosie and I think all her critical comments are aimed at creating controversy and drawing in new viewers.

I've never responded well to actors and artists who feel that they are performing some noble deed by preaching to the people. They come off very superior and I could care less what Tom Cruise, Rosie, Martin Sheen or any other idiot has to say on any particular issue ... they are no more informed than myself and have no particular life experience that gives them a special ability to decide what is best ... they just have an opinion and a microphone.

This is why I can't watch award shows anymore. Too many idiots grabbing the mic and spouting their own political agenda like we care to hear. They get paid to "play" (ie acting out a role) ... some of them do an incredible job at it ... they should just stick to their profession where their real experience is.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
heh thanks for that. i feel vindicated.

this is not a one line post

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
People like Rosie do not understand reality.

Hollywierdos suffer from hyperreality . It's hard to define, but it's basically a blending of reality and non-reality (fantasy) so that the person doesn't know where reality ends and fantasy begins.

Oh .. and many, like Rosie, are so self absorbed that they don't can't comprehend that most of America doesn't care what the Hollywierdos think about politics (or anything else for that matter).

Just entertain us .. and keep your mouths shut .. or we will be too distracted by your blathering to want to buy tickets to your movies (or watch your tv shows).

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

I don't believe they have ever testified under oath.

Presidents and their advisers (but not cabinet members) refuse to testify under oath to the Congress as a separation of powers issue. Clinton was compelled to testify under oath because he was being sued personally in a civil court case.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So No Room On Here For Ridiculous Immature Pathetic Posts Such As This. Regardless of anyones views we must always look beyond physical appearances. The exterior has stuff all to do with how the mind works.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Good thing so many people understand what a reasonable, articulate and learned person Rosie is.

Why do words keep coming out of her mouth? Youd think all the cake would get in the way.

This is the pathetic post I am referring to above.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Rosie O'Donnell:

Pretty good in Sleepless in Seattle

Pretty pathetic in The View.

apc

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
O'Donnell should hook up with Sheehan. They'd make a great... team.

There's a lot of ruckus going on behind the scenes at ABC over her. I'm pretty sure her contract will not be renewed this year. There's only so much verbal diarrhea they're willing to take in the name of ratings.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i thought you had to get a blowjob from an intern before you were eligible for impeachment?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Rosie O'Donnell:

Pretty good in Sleepless in Seattle

Pretty pathetic in The View.

was i drunk when i saw that movie? i didnt recall rosie being in it...tom hanks and meg ryan yes i recall, but rosie?

eh, not curioius enough to actually ya know...watch it again

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well there are people who take their political cues from Mush Loosebowels aka rush limbraugh and he is as about as qualified to discuss politics as she is.

Me personally I take my political cues from my dog, Grover, and he growls every time he sees bush minor on TV.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
lol id be careful grover

son of sam took his cues from a dog too

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join