It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought: About animal ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I was watching a telivision program that featured a story about the ghost of a dog. A though occured to me, I've heard reports of ghost dogs, cats and even ferrets, But why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
If People become spirits from traumatic deaths and whatnot, And if dinosaurs died instantly from a meteor, why are there no dinosaur spirits walking around. It's only logical that we would have many. -Joey

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey and Welcome to Ats

You know, Thats a pretty good question,

Really im kinda stumped on the answer, could it be that there are? maybe we just dont know how to precive it ?

Interesting and something to ponder thats for sure,

Might be worth doing a search on aswell

[edit on 25-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
From what I understand "ghosts" seem to need energy to keep going. After the dinosaurs went the way of the dodo there was no or little life energy for any dinosaur ghosts to absorb.

I could see how there was at some point some ghost dinos but more thain likely their spiritual energy probably eventualy disapated away.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Life is in a constant state of motion. Spirits will move on to different things.

They are eternal without dissapation, except for manifestation.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Life is in a constant state of motion. Spirits will move on to different things.

They are eternal without dissapation, except for manifestation.

All life force has a limited amount of energy, and as such energy is it cannot be destroyed only chainged. My theory on the disapataion of energy is based on the phenominon that ghosts seem to drain the energy out of electrical devices.

Ghost hunters have reported numerous times that bateries that they knew were full drained in seconds in haunted houses. Lights flicker as the power fluctuates in houses that are haunted.

Without a ready power source like electricity or another life force a ghosts energy will eventualy fade. Ghosts more times thain not are mearly manifistations of existing memories, like fingerprints. Eventualy the energy that makes up that fingerprint fades away.

Some ghosts are lost in the void between this world and the next. They are the ones that don't know that they have died. Even they will eventualy loose their energy or realize that they have passed away and they will finaly find the way across.

This etheric like all energy isnt lost just chainged. as energy cannot be destroyed only chainged.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
How then is it that the most famous ghost reports all have the spirit appearing in period dress. 16th, 17th, 18th century garb?

This isn't really a belief so much as a theory that I sometimes ponder:
I sometimes think that ghosts are in reality demons or some other type of negative astral entity trying to impersonate living organisms that we are familiar with.

We don't exorcise them or get rid of them because we are curious as to what has caused their soul to become trapped on this plane. I have no idea why they would like to trick us, except to say that these experiences do lead some people down dangerous paths. Possession and seances, allowing more demonic forms to enter this realm , all that sort of stuff.
Helpful ghosts don't dispel this idea - evil forces can be very conniving and if they appear helpful sometimes then it is all the more reason for the gullible to want to help a trapped spirit the next time around.

What if demonic entities are unable to enter this realm without our help? Like a vampire needing to be invited in, or they need our energy to manifest in this plane?

And what could be less fear inducing than seeing the spirit of a beloved animal or small child? The occassions when they do seem threatening could be attributed to the idea that perhaps they have garnered enough power that they can now support their form and reveal their true natures.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Very interesting topic.

Animal becoming ghosts, that kind of brings out the question of whether animals have conscious thoughts... What do they do after they become a ghost? Without the ability to analyze their situation, they would probably still think they are alive, and still be acting on instinct, to find shelter, food etc.

Also, does one need to have a spirit to become a ghost, or just some form of life energy? If only life energy is needed, wouldn't that mean plants and insects, or even micro organisms and bacteria can become ghosts??

So... assuming that animals can become a ghost, could Nessie be a ghost of a dinosaur? Bigfoot is a ghost of some kind of prehistoric man? That could possibly explain those sightings, without having to consider how they can survive through the ages without enough food, mates, etc.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by ThirstForKnowledge]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirstForKnowledge
brings out the question of whether animals have conscious thoughts...

Oh please

I am wondering if you have conscious thoughts...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So are you suggesting that all life have conscious thought then?

Even trees, bacteria, and viruses?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirstForKnowledge
So are you suggesting that all life have conscious thought then?

Even trees, bacteria, and viruses?

Perhaps they do, have you ever asked a tree? and perhaps bacteria and viruses have concious thoughts too but realy realy small ones.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
How does conscious thought tie in with ghosts? Do you equate conscious thoughts with having a soul?
And what is conscious thought - memory, emotion, love?

If that is the case then I would say that at least the more intelligent animals count - dogs are happy to see their masters or remember abuse and are fearful, elephants remember where waterholes are and that sort of thing. I don't know that those things would equate to love or hate though.

I guess that 'conscious thought' is what you think allows a ghost to hang around to begin with - that they have unfinished business or are too scared to be able to move on? Or are you thinking more along the lines of psychic imprinting where extreme emotions can result in a ghostly presence?
If it's a psychic imprint it wouldn't necessarily have to come from the animal would it? I mean if a person adored their animal enough they could imprint that memory, couldn't they?

new topics

top topics

join