It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my girlfriend...or me and my old body?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I know the title may confuse some, I don't know if it makes any sense, but it may after I tell my story. I have come up with a theory on my life after some wierd incidents since I met the love of my life. I met my girlfriend about three years ago and in those three years i've wondered if I already knew her in another lifetime because there are some things about her that seem so familiar. I've even questioned myself if I was actually her and she was me in a past life, like... my soul was in her body, and her soul was in my body and we have already lived a life together, me as a female and her as a male. If you know what i'm saying?!? It's almost like I can see into her past or something, it's unbeleivable. One time we were talking, and I had a vision of her bedroom when she was a kid, I told her she had a bunkbed in her room, and she never told me about her room as a kid...I described it to her dead on...I started crying because her life seemed so familiar to me. We have both shared the same dreams, one of living on the same street and same house. We have had the same deja-vu's at the same time. Her house seems so familiar to me I can't explain it. There are so many things she does that I seem to recgonize... she explained to me one time about how she broke up with her ex-boyfriend, and I dont know why but something seemed so familiar with it to me about it. My girlfriend has even said to me before that maybe we are male and female opposites. I have some other storys but I guess i would like to hear what other people think about my theorys first.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well, I think it is well founded.

I know exactly what you mean and understand.

I think it is definitely a possibility but truly I believe it is true.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, I think it is well founded.

I know exactly what you mean and understand.

I think it is definitely a possibility but truly I believe it is true.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, being a believer in reincarnation, your story is somewhat a moot point to me.

However, sigh, feelings of deja vu are not necessarily evidence that you have lived before.. Our minds have a tendencey to retain what we see,hear, learn et cetera.. The only difference between a super smart person and and average one is his/her ability to access information.

Now, with all of that being said, it could be that you have been exposed to information that you have "forgotten," and the subconscious is accessing it for whatever reason...

As I said, I am not trying to disuade you from your belief...I believe in reincarnation myself.. My prerogative... However, I like to look at things from all angles and see which one seems the most correct to me.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think that deja vu is connected to some other hereunto unknown phenomenon -as crazy as it sounds I suspect that has something to do with wrinkles in the fabric, so to speak. Space/time fabric. Maybe to serve as reminders or 'mind triggers.'

Having said that, i know that, personally, i have 'pictures' in my mind's eye - that come to the front in when something reminds me of someone i have been. i have only just realized this - and the realization came because it was proven to me in a way that would take too much space to describe (if i even could give it justice) - imagination may not be just things 'made up' but something far more complex and real.

Obviously Einstein had high regard for imagination, even above knowledge. It could be that knowledge precludes discovery because we rationalize instead of just allow our mind to lead us to understanding via imagination.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You and your girlfriend. I don't believe in reincarnation. Jesus said that each man lives and dies only once. This is it. Get it right now this time; there is no other chance.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hello Friends,

What an interesting concept. A love so strong and enduring that not even death can prevent two or more souls from finding each other again? How wonderful a thing that would be? It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. Spread the love!

Kindest Regards

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Somehow it is like a dream - the romance of the soul:

Song of Solomon 8:6

Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.

Something i once wrote:

Combustion

Treasured friendship
Suddenly combusts
Like an ember
Ignited
by the wind's breath

Where once glowed
The warmth
and comfort
Of coals
Now blazes a flame
Of such
perfection
And beauty
It scorches all
who come too near...
uninvited

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hell Friends,

Queen Annie: Jealousy sure does seem to pull on the reigns from Solomon's perspective. It is like a beautiful symphony playing on the phonograph and then someone comes along and abruptly drags the needle across the record face leaving those listening awkwardly speechless. It is an awful blemish on an otherwise pristine facade. I truly understand such weaknesses from personal experience and introspection. I for one am very glad that the love I feel isn't a selfish animal nor possessive intellectual love, but a love that is freely given and accessible to all.

Some words invigorate specific paradigms in thought for use as a convenient pre-installed causeway through which one can transport powerful feelings conveyed as an expression of admiration and humility particular to possible prior-life intercommunication. Perhaps this is an aspect of what the querant meant when he made his initial inquiry?

*Hugs for everyone*

I would be loathe to destroy the the beauty of a tenderly and gently cultivated love by causing one to imagine it to be something other than what it is. Love is a wonderful feeling especially when you can share it unreservedly. Such a thing is God's love.

Kindest Regards

top topics

join