It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India and Russia Call for "Weapon-Free" Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

I cannot help but doubt Russia's motive here. I found a number of great editorials on the Pravda website last summer that discussed how Russia desparately wants to knock down the US as a superpower, justifying their resistance to Iranian sanctions.

This is not to say that I am for weapons in space, but let's encourage countries to throw their cards on the table.

[edit on 1/25/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
India and Russia can't afford to keep up with the Chinese, US, French, Japan when it come to money for a war in space.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am all for a "weapons-free" space. But if there is ever a ICBM launch, Then where will the satalites that shoot down the missles be?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ding, Ding, Ding.

Bingo Royal.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
India and Russia can't afford to keep up with the Chinese, US, French, Japan when it come to money for a war in space.

yeah rite..

Anything else??

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm more afraid of China reaching that high point of weapons in space. Their more dangerous than Russia. People who don't think there is a arms race to space are blind!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i dont think its in any contries intrest to weaponize as you never no , we could be apart of a bigger community

any 1 have any thoughts on this ?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
should have said weaponize space

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i will be amazed if America is not planing to start a weapon movement to the moon.
satellites that have missiles is just the start soon you will see space stations that will have stealth fighters ready to deploy and missiles ready to blow # up

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I may be wrong (not unknown) but Russia has ALLREADY WEAPONISED SPACE!!!

Some where on ATS in the past some one dug up that Mir had a fairly 'off the shelf' maching gun modified and mounted to it to ward off possable attack.

Will post again when i find more.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Found something! Wasn't Mir it was the the Salyut-3 space station.

Have a look here!

Like the but about shooting off bullets in one direction and the station shooting off in the other - physics DOAH!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I remember recently hearing that the US was planing to build a base on the moon by 2030, this came in response to the Chinese saying that they planned to land a man on the moon in the next 20 years. Perhaps America is planning to build a defense installation there..

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

qft. Belive me, if russia had the funds and capibilities to keep up with the US in space they would be racing to put nukes a million miles over our heads. The French and japanese are also relitivly stong in space tech, but not on par with the US..but all of Europe combined...Germany, france, england at least have a strong space agency. And while china has money they do not have the space program to keep up with even russia, who still have a decent program.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Russia probably has weapons out there already.

new topics

top topics

join