It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Horror movie The Signal wows film festival.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Signal is a low budget horror flick in the style of The Crazies or 28 Days Later. It's being hailed as the find of the Sundance film festival and has already been picked up for distribution in the US and UK. If some of the reviews are anything to go by I'm really looking forward to it.

www.aintitcool.com...

[edit on 25-1-2007 by ubermunche]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, it certainly sounds like it may be different. One of the things that is troublesome about the horror film genre is that they are beginning to run out of ideals. There is only so much that excites people. I mean, everything has had a movie about it. Werewolves, thousands of movies have been made about it. Vampires, can we stand another movie? :shk: Sicko serial killers, probably the most popular theme for the horror film genre.. Supernatural, not so much, but they are out there. Zombies,
, need I say more?

Don't get me wrong, the horror genre is probably my favorite, but it is certainly running out of themes...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It is difficult I know, and, as it's one of my favourite genres too, I just hope they can come up with new ways or perhaps more effective ways of presenting the stories. This is why I think distributors are looking beyond the mainstream Hollywood '500 variations on a theme plus the sequel' type productions and looking to the indie film makers.

JbT

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I belive I just heard one of the co-producers just on WNPRadio. He was saying that traditionally at sundace that the Horror genre has never been a big hitter, so hes hopefull that since this the critics like it, that us people will enjoy it too.

Went on to say that he just wanted to put the money back into the studio and hopefully make more movies. Good luck to him for sure, I hope I like the movie cause I always like to see the little guy get some spot-light time once in a while.

Said that it could be out for us within a year or so. I'll definatly have a look

top topics

join