It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Halen with David Lee Roth to tour this summer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

More than 20 years after David Lee Roth last fronted a Van Halen concert tour, Roth and the band have reportedly agreed to tour this summer.

The 40-date amphitheatre tour will include a band fronted by Roth and including guitarist Eddie Van Halen, Eddie's 15-year-old son Wolfgang (replacing original bassist Michael Anthony) and drummer Alex Van Halen.

Link

Van Halen's been a non-factor for so long now, Eddie's getting desperate. I loved the Roth Van Halen personally, we'll see how it pans out. Hopefully they come to Houston.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe Roth left VH in 1984...it seems like just yesterday.

Hope they forgive the past and complete the tour, I would love to get tickets.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't believe it. I can't believe Roth is going to allow himself to be outnumbered by Van Halen's. Without Michael Anthony, this is not the original Van Halen.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Now that should be interesting. I look forward to it.

Sadly, I don't think its gonna be the same.

David Lee Roth

David Lee Roth Performs "Jump" Bluegrass style.

[edit on 1/25/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I can pretty much Guarantee they won't be coming to Australia so it'll be a non event for me, unless of course there's a DVD released.

The only time they came here was when Gary Cherone was the singer.

Sammy has been over here a couple of times on a solo outing and he was great!!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I read that eddie, wolfgang and alex are going to be touring with or without dave but have been tryin to get get him back onboard for the tour. Will be interesting to see how this turns out though.

It depends on how much they want to charge for tickets on whether i will go see them but never having the pleasure of seeing them live as i'm only 19, too young to ever have had the chance it is something I'm looking forward to

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff teh Destroyer
It depends on how much they want to charge for tickets on whether i will go see them but never having the pleasure of seeing them live as i'm only 19, too young to ever have had the chance it is something I'm looking forward to

Well, they were an awesome band to see during their prime (1979-1984).
I saw them twice. The first show was for the Diver Down tour (in '82-'83??) and they were smoking hot. Played great. The second show was for the 1984 tour and they were drunk. Lot's of drinking onstage. Sounded sloppy. Disappointing show.
What I can't picture is seeing them the way they look now.
I'm not trying to be mean, cause I love their music, but..........Van Geezer!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I see only the long awaited potential perfection of one of the best bands to have serenading your high school career!

But what happened to michael anthony?

David Lee Roth was only potential back then but based it all on sex appeal which he really doesn't have. He is much more a personality than a sex symbol.

And now I think he has finally got some personality as a las vegas show dude..and lost all his sex appeal!

I think he's great!
And solid!

Sammy must have just been his stunt double...

Still not even Van Halen can beat the return of Joan Jett!
She must be immortal or maybe was 17 when i was 17!
I am totally stoked on seeing her come back.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
toupe or bosely?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
toupe or bosely?

My vote goes for hair transplant.
LOL!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I always figured that if they got into the same place and the same time, it would be an episode of CSI.

:bash:

For Van Halen to stoop so low as to bring back Roth. When he should be
for life from Van Halen.

It shows how pathetic, and unsignificant they have become.

Unless the new album rocks old school, then its

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Unless the new album rocks old school, then its

Well, when they released their greatest hit package years back, they had gone into the studio with Roth and produced "Me Wise Magic", which I thought was awesome. It sounded like the older original Van Halen, not the 1980's send-up Van Hagar.
I think what made that first band magical was the chemistry of all 4 members.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The probably need Wolfie in there. I saw a recent interview with Eddie and he looked horrible, more like Iron Maiden's "Eddie"...

Too much hard living caught up with him. I don't know if he could survive a tour.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'd love to see the concert if it comes to this area. I have nothing against Sammy but I think its hard to replace the original stars of a band just like it is in a movie when a sequel is done with a different actor. People fall in love with the original characters and when you change them it's just not the same.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like the tour has been called off. Speculation has it that David Lee Roth won't tour unless original bassist Michael Anthony is included. My opinion Roth is 100% justified. Anthony wasn't the greatest player in the world but he had charisma and could sing the harmonies. Also he does a wicked drunken solo on a killer Jack Daniels bass guitar.

Michael Anthony "awesome" solo

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Its on again!

The new tour starts next month. Dates and places posted.

Billboard.com

Michael Anthony has been replaced by Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang.

[edit on 8/14/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This picture looks like some poor version of a reality show. Doesnt it?

I mean, come on...hes taking his kid over Michael Anthony? Why did he get kicked out anyhow. I'll bet the groupies are going to be all over the 16 year old :w:

I guess we will have to see if they can still rock it out or not. Regardless, it should be pretty sweet.

Originally posted by makeitso
Its on again!

The new tour starts next month. Dates and places posted.

Billboard.com

Michael Anthony has been replaced by Van Halen's 16-year-old son, Wolfgang.

Cug

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't know...

Michael Anthony's background vocals are really important to the VH sound.

But we will see...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I saw this girl with a VH shirt once. The VH was printed backwards so it was HV...

Anyway, is this for real this time? I recall years ago that this was going to happen but it didn't.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Is it for real this time?

You can't tell what the heck's gonna happen when "Diamond Dave" is involved.

He's the best front man VH ever had,
, but that don't mean he's right in the head.

BTW I found the full Press conference for you hard core fans.

<<   2 >>

join